Meat Grinder 22-Jun-22
TD 22-Jun-22
Brotsky 22-Jun-22
scentman 22-Jun-22
Mike B 23-Jun-22
APauls 23-Jun-22
21-Jun-22

Meat Grinder's Link
Just came across this on msn.com. A hunter in Russia shot a bear from a treestand, thought the bear was dead, and after getting out of the tree the bear attacked and killed the hunter. The bear then died of its wound. The article doesn't say what kind of bear it was, or what weapon was used. I guess when it's your time to go, you go. Rest in Peace, buddy.

21-Jun-22
I guess that was fair.

21-Jun-22
What was fair?

21-Jun-22
Sounds like fair play to me.

21-Jun-22
reasonable

21-Jun-22
Species....Brown bear, and the very poor photos of it back that up.

21-Jun-22
Sometime you get the horn

21-Jun-22
Putin’s fault ? Sorry, couldn’t resist.

21-Jun-22
someone dies and you guys make jokes about it,,,,,,,,,nice

21-Jun-22
i wonder where the bear was hit for the hunter to think it was dead, turned out it wasn't, but then died. lung?

21-Jun-22
"Putin’s fault ? Sorry, couldn’t resist."

This is the Bowsite - Biden's fault.

21-Jun-22
If you're getting your news from MSN, you can no longer be part of the Bowsite

22-Jun-22
RonP - bear was likely hit in the lower left lung with broadhead lodging in off shoulder or leg bone depending on height of treestand and distance to point of impact.

22-Jun-22
Good reminder to approach all wounded animals from behind and touch the carcass with the muzzle of your weapon to make sure it is dead!

22-Jun-22
Agreed with all the above. Mother Nature has a way of reminding us she still play by the old school rules...

22-Jun-22
The only reason they made this big news was to jab hunters. This and the blatant liberal pushing by the media is why I quit watching the networks. I watch YouTube and Netflix for my entertainment.

22-Jun-22
Hey hon I'm going hunting, if I get gourd or mauled by an animal I hunted don't worry, it was justified... maybe reasonable.

22-Jun-22
Dangerous game, we all know it!

22-Jun-22
Miserybreaks, maybe time for reparations for all the animals you killed. Do you really want go there?

22-Jun-22
When you choose to hunt dangerous game, things do not always go as planned. As a bear hunter myself, I know the risks, and take them. So be it!

22-Jun-22
When you choose to hunt dangerous game, things do not always go as planned. As a bear hunter myself, I know the risks, and take them. So be it!

22-Jun-22
sitO--I'm a "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" kind of guy I guess . Gotta keep an eye on what the other side is talking about. :-)

22-Jun-22
"someone dies"

News flash..... we're all gonna die. Every. Single. One of us. Nobody getting out of this game alive. And a million ways to die. This one quite unique in this day and age. Although deer likely kill many times more people than bears in various ways, just not directly. Nor in such a twist of fate.

Hunting has many many risks, if longevity or safety is your goal stamp collecting may be a better lifestyle. In this case one might call it a careless mistake. Or maybe fate? You'd have to be a block of wood to not see the irony at least. Would have never heard of it if he had fallen and died climbing down. And been just as dead.

I don't think anyone made fun of anyone's death. But have to be kinda dense to ignore the cause and effect if not the irony of life. And death. Lots of ways I'd rather go than in bed with tubes and a diaper on trying to wring the last few dreadful moments out of this existence.

Clint said it best. "We all got it comin' to us kid......" or maybe better movie quote in this case "this is a good rifle and kilt the bar that kilt me....."

22-Jun-22
Hatchet Jack rides again....

22-Jun-22
As one fellow bowsiter ends his posts " have a safe hunt" I still think of Kelly, Bigdan... I would be very sorrowful for any Bowsiter's demise in any situation.

23-Jun-22
It's so easy to Monday Morning QB a story like this, but the sad fact remains that none of us were present. Sadly, someone's grandpa is dead.

I gotta wonder though about how long he waited to come down.

23-Jun-22
Sad stuff. Don't wish that on anyone.

My grandparents walked out of Siberia all the way to Eastern Europe when the Russians were slaughtering the Mennonite people. Glad to be born where I was compared to there.

• Sitka Gear