Tracker 03-Jul-22
BOWUNTR 03-Jul-22
Heat 03-Jul-22
Old Bow 03-Jul-22
Kurt 03-Jul-22
AZ8 03-Jul-22
Shaft2Long 03-Jul-22
02-Jul-22
Besides a newly implemented harvest threshold for each respective unit this year, the Commission will also begin to limit the amount of non-resident, over-the counter, archery-only deer tags beginning January 1, 2023. Here is a portion of the letter sent to non-residents who have previously purchased a AO deer tag:

Effective January 1, 2023:

• A limited number of OTC archery deer non-permit tags will be available for purchase by non-residents for the 2023 calendar year. The number of tags available will be determined by the Arizona Game and Fish Commission prior to the date of sale for these tags.

• The approximate date of sale for these tags will be November 2023.

• A valid 2023 OTC archery nonpermit-tag is required to hunt all open seasons during the 2023 calendar year. The seasons include: Jan 1-31, 2023 Aug 18-Sept 8, 2023, and Dec 8-31, 2023.

• Once all available non-resident nonpermit-tags have been sold, no additional tags will be available for purchase by non-residents for the 2023 calendar year.

• Non-resident OTC archery deer nonpermit-tags will no longer be available for purchase at third-party retailers. More information on the availability of these tags is forthcoming, but will require purchase directly from an Arizona Game and Fish Department Office.

For more information on changes to the OTC archery deer hunting opportunity, visit AZGFD’s website (www.azgfd.gov/ArcheryDeerReport) , or call 602-942-3000

02-Jul-22
I had a great run for AZ January deer for the past 9 years. OTC tags easy to get, killed 6 Coues buck on public. Might trying again in 2014. Yep, lots of states are reducing and or limiting non resident deer, elk, etc, licenses. I am sure more to come for many species of big game. Supply and demand. My best, Paul

02-Jul-22
I have no issues with this at all,,,,, residents / tax payers should always come first......

My friend lives in Kansas,,,, I hunter there in the 90s,,,, now they treat it like an amusement park,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

02-Jul-22
I wonder how this is going to affect some of these guide/outfitters? The desert units get hit hard with NR's in the Dec/Jan hunts. Some areas it seems like there isn't a hill that doesn't have a guide with a NR client sitting on it.

02-Jul-22
Cool…

02-Jul-22
Lot of those hunters live a long ways from AZ. Betting they aren't going to drive out to get a tag in Nov. $5 gas among yhec reasons. Especially when the quota could get filled and they would have nowhere to hunt in Jan.

03-Jul-22
If CO would do this with OTC elk tags it would be a wonderful thing for residents. And if pigs had wings....

03-Jul-22
The government said pigs have wings so it must be true:)

03-Jul-22
Boy the opportunities for NR hunters are definitely getting slimmer every year. Enough left yet for my aging body but the younger hunters will be $hit out of luck in years to come. Going to savor ,y WY archery elk hunt this year for sure.

03-Jul-22
Smoke and mirrors... non-resident otc deer tag numbers has been right around 10%. With the new quota system I'd bet that the 10% cap isn't met... everyone will get a tag. Ed F

03-Jul-22
Wow, never even heard the proposal and boom, done. OK.

03-Jul-22
$5 a gallon gas ? Where ? Come fall it will be $10 a gallon

03-Jul-22
Glad I had the opportunity to hunt AZ as a NR archery deer hunter around 20 times over the past 43 years. First hunt down there was 1979! One mule deer buck and 9 Coues deer bucks went home....no complaints. Six of the Coues bucks are in P&Y and one with a broken off main beam might have been a Booner pre-break (doesn't make P&Y broken off).

03-Jul-22
Ed F, it’s not smoke and mirrors, it’s real. Standing in line around 1pm at Sportsman’s in Flagstaff buying my OTC tag for 2022. After six guys in front of me, I walked up to the counter to buy my tag. The young gal looked at my license and said emphatically: “You’re the first resident I’ve seen today! All from out of state so far!” I’m happy with this cap.

03-Jul-22
As a resident of NM and only being able to see elk and antelope hunts through the eyes of YouTubers. This is a good thing for resident hunters.

As a resident of NM that can’t even draw a archery javelina tag anymore it’s sad to see these opportunities dry up.

• Sitka Gear