JL 05-Jul-22
Norseman 05-Jul-22
Rut Nut 05-Jul-22
04-Jul-22

MA-PAdeerslayer's embedded Photo
Deere 4020
Deere 4020
Some oldies were rolling thru! Know some of you guys love your old tractors! Got a pic of a couple!

04-Jul-22

Deere 4240

04-Jul-22
Australia? Just kidding, clean old JDs!

04-Jul-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

04-Jul-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

04-Jul-22
Ha thanks Dana. Tried flipping and changing pic twice. Wouldn’t cooperate

04-Jul-22

BillyD's embedded Photo
BillyD's embedded Photo
Happy 4th from Michigan’s UP

04-Jul-22
Hahah hackbow. Our police excitement was last night at the “block party”. Someone got stabbed right before the fireworks … never a dull moment

04-Jul-22
Neet

04-Jul-22

Norseman 's embedded Photo
1945 allis charmers c

04-Jul-22
Now we are talking

04-Jul-22

71’ JD 1020 1800 original hours.
71’ JD 1020 1800 original hours.

04-Jul-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
God Bless “MERICA”!!

04-Jul-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Old school tractors are pretty cool. Back when I was stationed in HQ and lived in So MD, I would get my deer corn from the nearby Amish farm. I was there one time getting corn and some young Amish boys were driving by in a real old tractor like this one. The one I seen had what looked like an old leather drive belt, metal wheels and running pretty good. They were just coming out of the fields working. It was pretty cool to me they could still keep it running and use it.

04-Jul-22
Perfect!

04-Jul-22
When Dad sold his horses we went to a John Deere B, which could do 6 mph in high range and wide open. Neighbor had a Famall Super C that I got to drive when helping him with his haying. Was told the Super C's top speed was 28 mph?

04-Jul-22
Norseman, where is the muffler on your 1020>

04-Jul-22
MOBEN……The muffler is oftentimes plumbed to exhaust down along/below the frame and block.

04-Jul-22
Plumbed down Just under the left foot rest clutch and out the back. Lots of utility style models did this.

04-Jul-22

Breakfast Boy's embedded Photo
Breakfast Boy's embedded Photo
My 1953 Ford Jubilee. I should have taken it to the local tractor show/parade this weekend but we had other plans.

05-Jul-22
I love this thread. I need to get a picture of my '56 Super A

05-Jul-22
I remember about 55 years ago dad had 2 different tractors (can't remember what brand they were?) - one you had to spin the fly wheel - the other you had to turn a crank on the front of it - watch out for that crank tho.

I think the one with the crank was an old John Deere, "one-lunger" - you could here it coming ------ "ker-pucka, ker-pucka, ker-pucka" always loved that sound. Dad hated it because of the narrow front end, it was dangerous and a real bitch to steer.

I found an old narrow front end on a side hill out behind my place on the edge of the swamp, flipped over with trees growing through it. Been there a long time.

05-Jul-22

fubar racin's embedded Photo
fubar racin's embedded Photo
On the way to the parade great grandpas 1943 Oliver 60 standard.

05-Jul-22
Breakfast Boy- that looks like the old Ford tractor I learned to drive when I was 12. Used to work for my Uncle In the summer and he started me on that back in ‘72

05-Jul-22
Nick- were you in Pleasant Mount this weekend?

05-Jul-22
The Jubilee replaced the N series tractors. I see a lot of N series and Jubilee’s still out there working. Bullet proof tractors that you could work on and fix yourself.

05-Jul-22
I spent the day yesterday mowing fields with my '45 Farmall H. My great-grandad bought it and it's been in the family ever since. It's been mowing those same fields since '48... old girl probably knows her own way around good enough she could have done it without me. I like the narrow front end.

I have a '53 Farmall Cub too.

05-Jul-22
Jeff, we had an H back on our farm as well. It was out hay raking tractor and used it to pto our elevators. Great runner!

05-Jul-22

WI Shedhead's embedded Photo
I know this ole girl isn’t parade worthy but I sure do love her!!!!! 68’ Minneapolis mine jet star 3. 45hp gas- it’s a workhorse!!!!
WI Shedhead's embedded Photo
I know this ole girl isn’t parade worthy but I sure do love her!!!!! 68’ Minneapolis mine jet star 3. 45hp gas- it’s a workhorse!!!!

05-Jul-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
^....funny ya post a tractor pic with your tiller hooked up. I just got back a few minutes ago from dropping off a tractor at the tractor store with the tiller on it. I was using it 2 days ago on a plot and was going downwind. I smelled something burning, looked back and seen the little clutch plates/package on the drive shaft at the top of the tiller was overheating and smoking some. The tractor guys says that is not uncommon over time with implements that get a lot of use. He said it was a pretty easy fix.

05-Jul-22
Mines not worked hard. Had it eight years, do about 3acres a year

05-Jul-22
My issue at the cabin in Northern MI is it's a glacial place. That means there are a lot of glacial rocks...well...there were. I've been pulling rocks out of the plots for the last few years. I'm sure the tiller blades bouncing off the rocks didn't help that clutch. About the got the plots cleaned out of the rocks though. Today I checked a plot I tilled and seeded Saturday. Had a bunch of turkeys in it when I walked up on it....grrrr.

05-Jul-22
JL, probably just need to tighten the slip clutch. If its smoked good a new one isn't to bad.

05-Jul-22
Mine is a 1950 Massey Harris 22, also called the Mustang, 140 screaming inches of flat head. Still runs fine and has 3-pt. and live hydraulics.

05-Jul-22
JL I smoked the clutches on my 5 foot tiller this spring. $50 for the replacement discs and half hour labor

05-Jul-22
Thanks fellas. Good to know on that clutch. The guy said might even be able to take it apart, clean up the plates and put it back together.

05-Jul-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Here’s an old one for you guys! ;-)

05-Jul-22

JL's Link
FWIW....this is a big, annual event at Buckley, MI. It's an old engine show and they have old engines/tractors from way back when. From the photo albums, if ya like those old school steamers, you can see them in action.

05-Jul-22

05-Jul-22

05-Jul-22
That’s pretty cool video John!

• Sitka Gear