BOHNTR 26-Jul-22
Tilzbow 26-Jul-22
Tilzbow 26-Jul-22
BOHNTR 28-Jul-22
137buck 31-Jul-22
'Ike' (Phone) 31-Jul-22
Brun 31-Jul-22
06-Jul-22
Seems the west is catching up on rainfall. From CO, WY and MT it's raining almost everyday.

06-Jul-22
Same here near Vernal Utah.

06-Jul-22
The monsoons have arrived. Theyve been scarce in the past several years

06-Jul-22
hit or miss in my part of Colo., at it's been more miss then hit around my place. Did get .25" last month, woohoo!! yeah, it's so bad that getting a 1/4" is something to be excited about.

06-Jul-22
Cool wet late spring in BC....river just peaked with spring run-off last week.

06-Jul-22
Colorado seems pretty dry from what I’ve seen. Especially the front range. The thunder storms keep coming and not dropping any rain.

06-Jul-22
Hows the forest fire situation? More, less, too early to tell?

06-Jul-22
Our area of Colorado has not been this wet in years. crazy how much rain we have had in the Salida, Westcliffe, Buena Vista areas... almost every day showers for two weeks and good heavy rains.

06-Jul-22
Been getting drenched in SW Colorado we shattered the record for rainfall in June

06-Jul-22
Bone dry in Northern Nevada.

06-Jul-22
NE plains of CO are as dry as I have seen them in many years. Was out talking with landowners about a week ago and that all they wanted to talk about.

06-Jul-22
All the water in Colorado comes from the mtns. Thats where we need the rain

06-Jul-22
Except for the water that comes up out of the ground. And that’s not getting replaced….

06-Jul-22
It's been spotty. We've missed out at the ranch we irrigate for until yesterday. Too late for hay this year I'm afraid. Have seen some big improvement in other areas last couple of weeks though. Mountains should have a good recharge for water holes and wallows.

06-Jul-22
southern new mexico rain almost every day. starting to see some nice antler growth on elk

06-Jul-22
Brad those ranchers out east that have dry land. They rely in rain. Currently it is brown they don't have enough grass to feed their cows. One guy that we hunt that has several thousand acres has sold off most of his cows. Moisture in the mountains does them no good.

06-Jul-22
Central MT has been severe drought for a while but we have been getting some rain. Too late for many ranchers and farmers and some areas are as bad as it gets.

Even so, we just got 1.2" rain in just over 90 minutes plus a lot of 1/2" hail. Also got a few (about 1 per square yard} of hail to 2 and 3/4". Broke the windshield on the Outback before we could get it in.

Been a number of these severe t-storms in the area.

06-Jul-22
Have been getting some rain, sometimes a lot, almost every day for a week and a half in the NoCo mountains. Everything is green-green and lush, like last summer.

06-Jul-22
Mostly wet in Northern Alberta, should have some big crops this year! As long as farmers can afford the fertilizer…

07-Jul-22
Frequent rains in NE Wyoming this year but not daily. I have some small patches of wheat that are sternum high this year and the mosquito are bad.

07-Jul-22
speaking of mosquito's, that's one of the good things about drought, I haven't killed a single mosquito this year..

07-Jul-22
Wet is good…Keep it coming!

15-Jul-22
Ttt

16-Jul-22
Fire danger is always the story because if it’s a dry spring THEY say it will be a bad fire season but if it’s a wet spring still a bad fire season because of all the growth. It’s all about money,just my two cents

16-Jul-22
Two lives were lost yesterday afternoon due to a flash flood in the Buckhorn Canyon - west of Ft Collins/Loveland area. An adult woman and child were camping along Buckhorn Creek when flood waters swept them away

The monsoonal rains are producing some good heavy rain in parts of the mtns, and people need to use caution.

16-Jul-22
God bless them. That area has been getting POUNDED! As well as many others.

16-Jul-22
Unfortunately, the rain is too little too late to salvage the fishing season on many rivers in CO. Most are running at, or near, minimum flows. They’ve banned fishing on the CO river below State Bridge due to low warm water conditions, for example.

Matt

16-Jul-22

LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
Been raining pretty much daily here in Colorado Springs. Getting that monsoonal flow for sure.

16-Jul-22
I live in western Montana and while we did get quite a bit of rain so far, and it's helped a lot, we have had an awesome growing season so far, but with that, it's starting to get hot and dry out, and with the tall grasses and heavy underbrush, when the fires start, which has already has happened, it might be big fire year...I'm hoping it won't happen, but every year we've been smoky for the opening of archery season.

16-Jul-22
Way more rain in western MT as a rule than I've ever seen. Especially south western parts of the state. Fire season will never be as bad as it could've been I can't imagine as all areas I've watched are very much above what has been in the last several years. Of course it can get bad yet no doubt.

I would imagine Yellowstone is about as pretty as it's ever been as it has gotten LOTS of rain this year.

16-Jul-22
Still pretty dry down in the SE part of the state, although I heard we finally got some rain the last couple days here in Cheyenne. Unfortunately it’s heating back up with little to no rain in the forecast. Pop-r, we just got back from Yellowstone last night and it was lush, green, and the rivers had lots of water. We had some pretty good thunderstorms come through both Wednesday and Thursday nights. All roads that we traveled were open other than the one going through the Lamar Valley up to the NE entrance.

17-Jul-22
Still raining in N.CO mountains. We lost a mother and daughter camping in their camp trailer two nights ago. Flash flood through the burn scar. Really lush and green here, lots of feed. Should be a good year for antler growth.

18-Jul-22
I’ve spent the last two weeks in SE Idaho and we’re currently staying about 10 west of West Yellowstone. It’s absolutely unbelievable how green it is and the wild flowers are amazing. I can’t remember a year that was this green in mid-July. That said living in western NV it turns brown in June and stays that way until March……

18-Jul-22

Chuckster's Link
This was in Flagstaff a couple of days ago. It was on the local news and they said the water was very cold. I think this is unit 11M.

20-Jul-22

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo
Nothing but hot and dry in western Wyoming these days

20-Jul-22
Next week does look a little drier but they've had more rain this summer up to now than any I've been watching it.

20-Jul-22
Speaking of warm and wet weather in the high country, are any of you foragers finding any mushrooms? I plan to check a few of my best porcini spots in the next few days.

Matt

21-Jul-22

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
woke up to this , this morning, Oh wait!
woke up to this , this morning, Oh wait!

21-Jul-22
That’s just wrong Paul…Lol

25-Jul-22

PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
Did a little scouting last weekend, in NW Colorado and it was as lush and green as I’ve ever seen. Wildflowers everywhere and grass 2’ tall. The elk are living large up there right now. Mosquitoes were terrible tho’ - lots of standing water everywhere.

25-Jul-22
Steep too…! ;-)

25-Jul-22

Here ya go Ike - not so steep here:)

26-Jul-22

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
6” of rain so far for July at my place in the White Mountains of AZ. Pretty decent monsoon so far this summer.

26-Jul-22

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Still bone dry in Reno.

26-Jul-22

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
On the other hand I just got back from a few weeks in SE Idaho and it’s super green in that area.

28-Jul-22

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
Had a storm that dumped 5” in one hour…..guess it was called a micro burst? Getting more each day since. We’re over 11” for the month so far in AZ mountains.

31-Jul-22
And here we go in western Montana from being wet to fire weather warnings, it'll be an interesting fall if we don't get any moisture with all of the heavy growth of grasses and what not.

31-Jul-22

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
CA typical summer…Fires!

31-Jul-22
The monsoon in the southwest is very strong this year. While still behind for the year, the recent rainfall is very impressive. The inflow to Navajo reservoir in New Mexico two days ago was 354% of average for July 29. If this keeps up for a sustained period we might make some progress against the prolonged drought. Let's hope.

• Sitka Gear