Grey Ghost 19-Jul-22
Bob H in NH 20-Jul-22
badbull 20-Jul-22
APauls 21-Jul-22
DonVathome 01-Aug-22
Pat Lefemine 01-Aug-22
Shug 01-Aug-22
19-Jul-22
I am thinking going forward with Euro mounts I would like to have a very good photo (8.5x14) of the animal in the field or the background scenery, especially out West. I think the I phone will take a good enough picture in the field to do this. Does anyone have a favorite site to upload digitial photos and get back a very good keepsake photo? I ran across one just for hunters a few years ago and I cannot relocate the site.

19-Jul-22
Cell phones will take plenty good photos. Couple things to watch out for. Cell phones format for pictures are all different. So if you want 8.5x14 make sure there enough space around the edges to crop to that size. Never just download a picture without checking that the auto crop did not cut off a head of something important. Also, if you are just wanting a picture or two go to some place local. If you have issues or if it does not turn out well. For example, to dark or bleached out they should work with you to get it right. Even a Walgreens will work. Do a little editing will help make it look a lot better. I use lightroom all the time. There is even a free version for your phone that does a decent job. If you or anyone has a picture you really like but it just not a great photo as in dark or over exposed, blood you wish was not there. Shoot me a PM, I'll give you my email and see if I can improve with a little editing.

19-Jul-22
I’ve had great luck with the app “Keep Sake”. You use your existing photos from your phone, pick the size, frame and style. Good luck.

19-Jul-22

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Me and all my hunting and fishing buddies have started using the Portrait Mode on our iPhones for our grip and grin pics. It focuses on the subject and slightly blurs out the background. We think it makes a better pic.

Matt

20-Jul-22
How's your picture taking skills? It's an art form to get a good picture and key to start what you're looking to do!

There are many better than me, but one tip is to get low, below the line of sight of the person in the picture, almost looking up at the animal, make sure the antlers/horns are not blocked and even better have clear sky behind them to highlight them.

20-Jul-22
Wow Grey Ghost, I see what you mean. Great picture and fish!

20-Jul-22

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
I used the Keepsake app for this and other photos from my cell phone.

21-Jul-22

21-Jul-22

APauls's embedded Photo
On the surface - awesome shot. Look above my daughters head and you'll notice an error in the algorithm.
APauls's embedded Photo
On the surface - awesome shot. Look above my daughters head and you'll notice an error in the algorithm.
Portrait mode on a phone is great - for certain things. Also depends how picky you are. On stuff like antler tips it can often screw up and you'll have some in focus items between tips. It's essentially just software that tries to replicate a narrow depth of field photo that is only possible to take with a camera/lenses with that capability. For fish where you don't have too many small things sticking out. I'll include a picture to show you what I mean.

I too really enjoy printing pics. I've typically looked for really simple thin framed frames that are as much glass as possible from Walmart or the dollar store. Then just print locally. I've actually found recently that just buying photo paper and using my laser printer at home is darn near just as good as the average Walmart photocenter or equivolent and like 10% of the cost. Allows me to have way more big photos printed. I am renovating my hunting room, but in a previous house I had a band of 8x10's that went around the entire room. It was my favourite part of the room.

01-Aug-22
A newer phone will take a great pic. Most printers set to the highest print quality on good paper will print a pic plenty good enough unless you want something huge. Your phone, or many free computer apps can edit the picture fairly easy.

01-Aug-22
iPhones take amazing pictures. They are becoming idiot proof too. I can still do better with my expensive DSLR but I bet in a couple of years that will change. For 99% of the hero photos I’d say an iPhone is just fine.

If only they didn’t add that stupid orientation logic which screws up just about every legacy website that allows photo uploads like this one.

01-Aug-22

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Not familiar with the sites but I second the I phone capabilities… I’m sure the photo will loose some detail posting it here

• Sitka Gear