Two Feathers 03-Aug-22
Inshart 03-Aug-22
ND String Puller 04-Aug-22
DGW 11-Aug-22
Jordan 11-Aug-22
JSW 12-Aug-22
hdaman 13-Aug-22
02-Aug-22
Annual Glenn St. Charles Award Presented at Boone and Crockett Big Game Awards 175 Inch Non-Typical Columbia Blacktail Wins Prestigious Award We are pleased to announce the recipient of the coveted Glenn St. Charles award. The award is reserved for exceptional bowhunting entries within the Boone and Crockett record books. This year’s award went to Tavis Rogers for his impressive 175 0/8-inch Non-Typical Columbia Blacktail. The presentation was made at the annual Boone and Crockett big game awards banquet held this past weekend in Springfield, Missouri.

“It’s just humbling to even see an animal in this class, of any species,” stated Tavis Rogers. “It’s a deer of many lifetimes and it was a real blessing to get the chance to spend time hunting him, much less get an arrow in him. My sincere thanks go to Boone and Crockett and Pope and Young for all of the work they do in conserving the big game animals of North America and protecting our privilege to hunt them. I’ve hunted in other countries and none of them have what North America has to offer. I attribute that to the tireless efforts of these amazing organizations.”

Tavis recently joined Jason Rounsaville and Dylan Ray of Pope and Young on the Pope and Young Podcast to talk about the hunt, what it’s like even seeing a deer of this quality, and how humbling it is to receive an award like this. Tune in below, or wherever you get your podcasts to listen to Ep. 80: Tavis Rogers and hear the incredible story of this truly special deer.

02-Aug-22

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Atta-boy.

02-Aug-22
Congrats!

02-Aug-22
Hell yeah! And what they don't mention is that he killed it with a frickin' LONGBOW. Congtatulations, buddy!

02-Aug-22
Many congrats Tavis. Great deer and awesome story.

02-Aug-22
I’ve never seen a black tail in my life but I can imagine 175” is an absolute giant.

02-Aug-22
Congrats Tavis!

02-Aug-22
Saw that on a P&Y e-mail this morning. Big Congratulations!!!

02-Aug-22
Love it when great things happen to great people.

02-Aug-22
Congratulations, well deserved!

02-Aug-22
Nice! Congrats!

02-Aug-22
Well done

02-Aug-22
Oh yeah!!!!

02-Aug-22
Congratulations!

02-Aug-22
I met Tavis 25 years ago as he assisted me in finding a good place to Mt Goat hunt, here in Colorado. I was successful and in a great part, to his generosity. One of the good guys. My best, Paul

02-Aug-22
Thank you, everyone. It has definitely been amazing to have been blessed with such a magnificent animal!

02-Aug-22
Awesome!

02-Aug-22
Impressive doesn’t even come close. Congrats Tavis on an absolutely fantastic achievement!

02-Aug-22
Awesome. Congrats buddy.

02-Aug-22
Outstanding...congrats!

02-Aug-22
Tremendous accomplishment/recognition Tavis. A wonderful quote as well - super classy. Congratulations!

02-Aug-22
The hunt recap was a great story to read And then the caliber of the animal is amazing. Congrats!!

02-Aug-22
Grats Tavis!

02-Aug-22
Congrats Travis! I used to hunt black tails when living in Oregon. Didn’t know they ever got close to that big. That is a monster.

02-Aug-22
Congratulations, an awesome animal and accomplishment for sure!!

02-Aug-22
Also to receive an award named the “Glen StCharles Award” is the best part

02-Aug-22
Well earned and deserved Tavis. Congratulations!

02-Aug-22
Way to go, Tavis!

02-Aug-22
Awesome deer, congrats on the award!

02-Aug-22
Congrats, nice buck

02-Aug-22
Congrats Tavis!!!

02-Aug-22
Congrats Tavis! You deserve it and couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

02-Aug-22
Congratulations!!

02-Aug-22
Congratulations!

02-Aug-22
What an accomplishment, and couldn’t have happened to a better guy!

02-Aug-22
Having hunted blacktails in my younger years, I believe taking a mature blacktail with a bow might be the hardest of all American big game (let alone a giant like yours). Congratulations!

02-Aug-22
WTG man!!!!

02-Aug-22
I remember when a friend sent me a pic of Tavis' buck shortly after he killed it. My first thought was "that's a helluva nice mulie!". When I learned that it was a Blacktail, I was amazed.

Congratulations on a we'll-deserved trophy and award, Tavis.

Matt

02-Aug-22
Fantastic buck, congratulations. I’ll be going to Oregon this November to hunt Columbia Blacktail……..hopefully I run into his twin brother!

02-Aug-22
Congrats again Tavis! Super animal!!! Nice awards!!!

02-Aug-22
Congratulations That is an amazing buck

02-Aug-22
All this talk and no pics?

02-Aug-22
Awesome and congratulations !

02-Aug-22

Treeline's Link
Thank you all for the congratulations everyone, a bit overwhelming to say the least.

Spike78, I included a link to the recap. Quite a few pictures in there…

02-Aug-22
Damn what a beauty congrats! Thanks for posting the pics.

02-Aug-22
Thanks for the link. Once I saw it it was like oh that buck!! You happen to get an age on it? Congratulations all around. It would take a long time to quit shaking after seeing it down.

02-Aug-22
I did age him with the teeth. He was 6 1/2 years old.

02-Aug-22
I just posted this on Tavis's original thread but I wanted to include it here as well.

I'm late in commenting on this thread too. Congrats on your accomplishment Tavis, truly amazing but not surprising.

I'd also like to add that I'm among the many bowsiters who consider Tavis a friend. Back in 2010 I had an elk tag in a Colorado unit that Tavis is very familiar with. We connected thru Bowsite and he shared a lot of info with me. I had a NM tag that year too and killed a bull there before I went to Colorado. Once I got to Colorado I met Tavis at a local establishment for some lunch and a couple beers. He graciously allowed me to put the meat from my NM bull in his freezer while I hunted in Colorado. He also opened his house to me and let me spend a night there before I started my hunt. I remember marveling over his mounts and him telling the story of spotting one of his huge mule deer bucks and having to descend the mountain 1000 feet or more and then climb back up 1000 feet or so on the other side of the drainage to stalk the buck. I said "and after all that, you shot it with a long bow!". He looked at me with a little smirk and said "you have to give them a chance".

In 2020 I had that elk tag again and also a deer tag. I spent a lot of time on the phone picking Tavis's brain about muley hunting because I'm a rookie at it. At the time I didn't own a spotting scope and was contemplating buying one. Instead, Tavis generously lent me one of his spotting scopes and mailed it to me. Who does that?! Later when I was talking to him after the hunt he said he felt bad and should have sent me his Swarovski instead of his Leopold. Seriously!?

It's rare that you meet such a generous, helpful hunter/person who is also so humble and without an inflated ego. Good things happen to Tavis because he truly is a good person.

02-Aug-22
Incredible animal and well deserved award. Big congrats!

03-Aug-22
I just read the P&Y email too.

Love your 'camo' man! haha

Congrats,

Robb

03-Aug-22
Damn. Don't post here much these days, but that is a helluva specimen Treeline! Congrats on the buck and the story! I also like that line in your story Mike. Envious of your life experience.

03-Aug-22
Congratulations Tavis!

03-Aug-22
Tavis, you sound like the kind of guy I would want in hunting camp. Congrats on the deer of many lifetimes!

03-Aug-22

03-Aug-22
Hey Tavis congrats again it’s purty cool to have held those antlers in my hands and see them up close at the high country shoot a couple summers ago, you da man.

03-Aug-22
Congrats!

03-Aug-22
Tavis that is quite an achievement. Congratulations!

03-Aug-22
It must be just surreal to have an encounter like that - especially with a "story book" ending. Sounds like you truly are deserving of such an accomplishment! Big Congratulations!!!!

04-Aug-22
Congrats Tavis!

11-Aug-22
Congratulations Tavis, missed this thread earlier. A buck of a lifetime so sure and well deserving of the award. And always willing to help other bowhunters.

11-Aug-22
Huge accomplishment and award........well deserved Tavis!!!!

12-Aug-22
Way to go brother. I wish I could have been there to cheer you on.

13-Aug-22
Congratulations!

• Sitka Gear