c5ken 27-Dec-22
Mathewsphone 27-Dec-22
wildwilderness 27-Dec-22
c5ken 28-Dec-22
Bou'bound 28-Dec-22
Bou'bound 28-Dec-22
Bou'bound 31-Dec-22
04-Aug-22
Looking to book a warmer weather musk ox hunt in 2023.. Can anyone suggest an outfitter?

04-Aug-22
Karsten Lings in Greenland Great guy great outfit You’ll find he’s considerably less price wise than other Greenland outfits but is just as good or better

https://lingshuntinggreenland.com/

04-Aug-22

Shug's Link

04-Aug-22
My son and I are going with karsten sept 2023 on the river camp hunt. Will be my second Greenland adventure. First was amazing.

Good references here from t-Roy shug and others.

04-Aug-22
Frank Feldman of Bowhunting Greenland. Myself and three other Bowsiters were on my trip this past October. Frank and his crew and the area were absolutely fantastic.

04-Aug-22

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Karstens tent camp on the river…

The bedding was unbelievable..

04-Aug-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
Musk-o-lantern
t-roy's embedded Photo
Musk-o-lantern
Another thumbs up for Karsten’s operation. They were a first rate operation in every aspect of the hunt. Great family operation.

04-Aug-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo

05-Aug-22
Frank Feldman runs a great hunt in Greenland. I hunted with him twice. check out Bowhunting Greenland’s website.

05-Aug-22
Frank is exceptional. Hunted with him in 2019 as the first group to hunt the interior camp, vs. the coastal camp. We accessed by helicopter. one of my top hunt adventures ever and as good an operation as you could ask for.

His prices has almost doubled in since then based on BSC posted rates he is now $14K for one ox. I just could not swing doing that again at those prices when paying for 2 people and all the travel and logistical costs which are material. Karsten is less for 2 ox ($8,100 for one / $11,600 for two) than Frank is for one ox. You will never go wrong with Frank, but know you may be spending a lot more for no incremental benefit if Karsten is all his references and booking agents say he is.

05-Aug-22
Are you still restricted to using a compound in Greenland?

05-Aug-22
Treeline, Yes. Still compound only.

05-Aug-22
Will just have to keep hoping for Alaska, then!

05-Aug-22
When I went in 2013 I book directly with the Inuit people in ULUKHAKTOK NT (Holman) and had a great hunt in September weather was good but we did have some snow and cold also.

05-Aug-22
Looking to book a warmer weather musk ox hunt in 2023.. Can anyone suggest an outfitter?

05-Aug-22
Thanks guys for all the good info. Hopefully I’ll be able to get a hunt booked in 2023

06-Aug-22
I also hunted Ulukhaktok (Holman) in 2012 in October. I have heard those accessible muskox on Victoria Island have since been overhunted and numbers affected by disease. Something to research. While I did have a good hunt, I did not see lots of animals. Locals stopped me in the village and assured me all "sport hunters" get a muskox and I almost made history by being the first "sport hunter" to not get one.

When you total the cost of the hunt (including airfare, lodging, and trophy return) island muskox has been the lowest compared to mainland NWT hunts, and both of those lower than what has been quoted for Greenland recently. Trophy quality seems smaller on the islands, followed by Greenland, with the mainland NWT offering the largest, including the new B&C world record. As always, outfitter costs for each location can vary. I haven't included Alaska because you have to draw the license. I can tell you more next month. My partner and I leave for mainland NWT in a week for muskox where they welcome traditional bows. (And Greenland can go piss up a rope)

06-Aug-22
Hey bowonly - which outfitter u going with?

07-Aug-22
Hunted out of Cambridge Bay twoce with Canada North. Great trips in the "spring" First was -40F w/o wind chill second was warmer -20F.

The barren ground hunts are more expensive, longer, and bigger ox. both originated in cambridge bay, but they mainland hunts went over the sea ice to get to the mainland where the hunts took place.

08-Aug-22
I hunted with Shane Black of Canada North Outfitting Excelent hunt and great services I did the hunt in March

08-Aug-22
If you’re only doing it once and obtaining maximum trophy size is not a goal, then Greenland is a good choice. Typical ox taken will score in the 85-100 inch range. Fairly uncommon to kill one much over 105 inches net B&C/P&Y. This data is available in the P&Y online database. If you need a monster in the B&C class, there are probably better options to the west. Hunted Greenland twice so far, and loved the terrain and scenery.

26-Dec-22

27-Dec-22
Wow. Someone is bored? TTT’ing every Greenland musk ox thread.?

Maybe post the conclusion to a Canadien mountain lion hunt instead!?

27-Dec-22
Can anyone give me a ball-park cost to bow hunt Musk-ox with Frank Feldman?

27-Dec-22
I hunted with red Arctic back in 2013 in September they're out of Cambridge Bay they're no longer in business because the Wolves and the Bears got in there and killed almost all the musk ox

27-Dec-22
Karsten Lings!

From what I heard Frank had to change his place (over hunted the last place) so trophy quality has slipped. to try to remedy that has a helo fly people in farther but cost goes up. Last I check the combo ox caribou was $18-20,000

Karsten is a Greenlander, even though he is of Danish heritage, and his family born and raised, the real deal. Has had the best concessions for animals and knows how to hunt and harvest mature bulls. I got in on a Covid special and Killed TWO musk ox AND a Caribou for $12,500!

28-Dec-22
Nothing but positive comments on Karsten. I tried to book with him for 2023 but he's filled up. Not sure if 2024 is an option for me...

Thanks for the info gentalmen...

28-Dec-22
Franks prices are noted in my august post ken 14k

28-Dec-22

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Bou'bound's embedded Photo

31-Dec-22
Franks prices are noted in my august post ken 14k

• Sitka Gear