DanaC 17-Aug-22
elkmtngear 17-Aug-22
DanaC 17-Aug-22
elkmtngear 17-Aug-22
TGbow 17-Aug-22
Rut Nut 19-Aug-22
Pintail 19-Aug-22
08-Aug-22
To make sure the rich pay their "fair share" 87,000 new IRS agents...but I'm sure they won't selectively audit Conservatives because ...you know....the IRS is apolitical.

08-Aug-22
I suggest "we the people" introduce an amendment to the Constitution that puts all elected public office holders on the top of any list of persons to be audited, followed by government employees. Article V of the Constitution empowers the people to bypass the Congress and do that.

08-Aug-22
Hey you cant post political threads as I was just told via private message....

And rofl "selectively audit conservatives" you mean when Comey and the other guy were both audit at trump's command.... two 1 in 30,000 chances both happening to high level FBI guys after rebuking trump. But sure okay

08-Aug-22
But Biden said he was only going to raise taxes on the rich!

08-Aug-22
Rich in spirit!

08-Aug-22
So the rich pay their fair share. According to IRS data, in 2020, the top 20% paid 80% (78%) of the federal tax bill, while 61% had no federal tax burden. Someone sure as hell isn't paying their fair share.

08-Aug-22
And now you know why the IRS is being armed to the teeth. This will not end well.

08-Aug-22
"the top 20% paid 80% (78%) of the federal tax bill"

BUT, what percent OF THEIR INCOME did they pay? As opposed to those in the lower and middle classes?

Statistics is a fancy way of saying (pretty much anything you want to.)

08-Aug-22
I guess Soccer Mom forgot about this fiasco

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/irs-admits-targeting-conservatives-for-tax-scrutiny-in-2012-election/2013/05/10/3b6a0ada-b987-11e2-92f3-f291801936b8_story.html

08-Aug-22
Dana the solution is obvious…don’t be a low income earner.

08-Aug-22
Dana, if you actually want facts, 57% of US households pay no federal income tax. So those 20% that pay 80% of federal income tax pay a lot higher % of their income than lower/middle class. https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/25/57percent-of-us-households-paid-no-federal-income-tax-in-2021-study.html

08-Aug-22
"the top 20% paid 80% (78%) of the federal tax bill" BUT, what percent OF THEIR INCOME did they pay? As opposed to those in the lower and middle classes?"

I dunno Dana, how much of their ****ing income do you want? If the top 20% are paying 80% of the bill I'd say it's their fair share and then some. As far as the lower and middle class, if 61% ain't paying federal tax, pretty easy to figure out what percent of their income their paying. Add in EITC.... Like I said, someone ain't paying their fair share.

08-Aug-22
“And now you know why the IRS is being armed to the teeth. This will not end well.”

But KS Flatlander claims the the IRS has ALWAYS been heavily armed, and this is no big deal????

08-Aug-22
"BUT, what percent OF THEIR INCOME did they pay?

Top 20 paid 34% with bottom 20 paying 20%.

The sad part is sales taxes burden the poor much more unfairly.

But democratic cities are crushing the poor, forcing them to black market "loosies", then their tax enforcers choke out and kill the poor black man selling them.

08-Aug-22
Orion did you read the article?

Saying they were specifically targeted is a stretch. These were also not individuals but political/ parties/ groups seeking special tax status. Also the IRs admitted to the issue and fixed it. Vs.....

Two high level officials rebuking and pissing off trump and then both receiving 1 in 30,000 chance individual audits.

08-Aug-22

DanaC's Link
"Dana, if you actually want facts, 57% of US households pay no federal income tax."

"The nonpartisan Tax Policy Center estimates that 57% of U.S. households paid no federal in"come taxes for 2021, up substantially from the 44% before the pandemic."

"With many of the tax programs ending, Gleckman forecasts the number of nonpayers will decline to 42% in 2022 and 38% by 2029."

"Not just income taxes

Federal income taxes are just a part of the overall tax burden. Since most workers pay payroll taxes, the share of American taxpayers who pay neither payroll nor federal income taxes was only 19% in 2021, slightly higher than the 17% rate before the pandemic. Taxpayers also often pay state and local taxes."

08-Aug-22
Remember Lois Lerner? Retired after pleading the 5th got $129,000 bonus and $102,600 annual pension,never charged

Obama said " not a smidge of corruption" at the IRS

08-Aug-22

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
Remember Lois Lerner? Retired after pleading the 5th got $129,000 bonus and $102,600 annual pension,never charged

Obama said " not a smidge of corruption" at the IRS

08-Aug-22
azelkhunter I worked a 32 year career with a "3 letter" State (not Federal)Agency. The way things are now with that Agency (and have been for about 10 years) I have to agree with you. When I started "we" were providing the taxpayers real services. "We" ended up by charging "fees for services " which were then outsourced to the private sector at additional expense to the users. So you now pay the "3 letter" fee, and hire a private " third party provider " to do the work. Also the "provider" is held to a stricter standard than the Agency itself was, which drives up cost of services.

08-Aug-22
Dana’c, what difference does it make on what percentage of their (wealthy) income they spend in taxes. That small segment of the population is funding roughly 80% of costs of running this country. The other 80% of people ought to be thankful that this group is paying so much, instead of demonizing their success and what they contribute.

08-Aug-22
why are they buying up M16,s and millions of rounds of ammo? (IRS)

08-Aug-22
The country would make billions more in profit if they hired more welfare fraud investigators than IRS agents.

08-Aug-22
The government doesn't have a revenue problem. You could double revenue and they would spend it all and more.

08-Aug-22
I think people would be surprised at how much tax the upper bracket income earners pay. I don't think the gov should have the right to tax anyone more because they make more money, but the leftist get away with it because they promise to take from those that have and give it to others, including company bailouts

08-Aug-22
I have an outlandish idea...how bout we eliminate the IRS and go to a national sales tax on certain goods..a low percentage of course. Force congress to quit wasting, extorting, our money. I guarantee you they will spend just what they "have" to have if that's all they get. We do it in the private sector. The economy would flourish if the gov got out of the way. Let them azz learn that they work for us and not us for them. Democrats m Republicans both are a bunch of big gov thugs

08-Aug-22
DanaC you should be thanking me for your stimulus check not telling me I don't pay my fair share

08-Aug-22
I have prepared many low income earners tax returns. Most pay 0%. Many receive a larger refund than they paid!

08-Aug-22
Keith, that money they relieved that they did not pay in is taken from those that did pay in. Redistribution of wealth.

08-Aug-22

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo

08-Aug-22
87,000 more IRS employees, their salaries will far out pace any money collected from auditing tax cheats.

08-Aug-22
Growing government for any reason, is reason enough.

08-Aug-22
They needed more eyes to watch for all those $600 internet sales

08-Aug-22

08-Aug-22
New IRS additions are 4x bigger than all the border patrol agents.

08-Aug-22
"The government doesn't have a revenue problem. You could double revenue and they would spend it all and more. "

I agree with that statement completely. But NEITHER party today stands for limited government and limited spending. To pretend otherwise is self delusion.

That ship sailed in the 1960's. (Ike warned us.)

08-Aug-22
Azhat, you actually believe anything in 'Real Raw News' ??

ROTFLMAO!!! Those are headlines for cellar-dwelling gamer dweebs like yourself, not for the real world. Mom needs to toss your ass out of her basement.

08-Aug-22
It’s middle class that will take the brunt of it. Low income isn’t worth it. High income can pay to hide it. Middle America is in between. Making to much to be over looked. Yet, Not making enough to offset the tax burden of that income. It is indeed hammertime.

08-Aug-22
I have this odd feeling these 87,000 IRS agents will have the job of confiscating firearms. No proof but why else?

08-Aug-22
Spike for every gun an irs agent tries to confiscate I predict 1:1 reduction in irs agents :)

09-Aug-22
Pete, yup and that’s the day I move to Texas or Florida

09-Aug-22
The “Inflation Reduction Act”appears to be following the Sheriff of Nottingham’s rules…

Let’s see here, $80 billion earmarked for the IRS to hire 87,000 more agents. Comes out to $919,540 per Jack-booted thug.

Appears old Joe is gonna need to scratch up more cash to run those wonderful libtard policies the Congress passed and he signed into law…

You bow-libs better pull your heads out of your backsides and see what’s coming down the pike. It will not be good for anyone in this country, including you!

09-Aug-22

spike78's Link
Here is an article on the FBI director taking the FBI jet on vacation to NY. Wait doesn’t that go against climate change? Why can’t he take a commercial airliner? Isn’t it nice knowing that our tax dollars are spent wisely.

09-Aug-22
Sure would be nice if this country elected a Republican for president in 2024 and then on 1/20/25 transfer these agents to the Border Patrol.

09-Aug-22
I wonder what the payroll will be for us tax payers to cover 87,000 more agents.

BTW it is said that Elon Musk paid in 11 billion last year for income tax. Did he pay his fair share?

09-Aug-22

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo

09-Aug-22
Tavis, those supporting the Leftist politicians some how believe big gov and higher taxes will make things better...but even my 18 yr old daughter ask me.." dad, if people can't see what result leftist policies bring, they must be blind or ignorant".

This is coming from an 18 yr old that has a mind of her own and I've taught her to think for herself and that I want her to believe in something because she chooses to, not because of what I say or anyone else.

I've lost no love for Republicans and I've made that clea, I think for the most part they are scared spineless puppies...but whether the politicians be Democrat or Republican, lost freedom is lost freedom and the Leftist are he'll bent on converting this country to Marxism.

11-Aug-22
Why should the rich subsidize the deadbeats? No wonder so few care to work these days.

11-Aug-22
Kathy Hochel, NY Governor has 43.5 thousand of those agents earmarked to be school bus driver's in NY State because of the shortages

11-Aug-22
"Sure would be nice if this country elected a Republican for president in 2024 and then on 1/20/25 transfer these agents to the Border Patrol."

Be better to get a whole new Congress in place next year to kick KSFlat's sugar-daddy out of office

13-Aug-22
Glunt@work I first read your comment as "new IRS 'agents' are 4x bigger than border patrol agents" I was picturing qn army of giant, 8 foot tall, 750 pound IRS flunkies!. Lol ??

14-Aug-22
Funny how nobody has much to say about arming IRS agents in an effort to protect their money, but try to arm a teacher to protect our children and you’re viewed as a nut job. Makes total sense!

14-Aug-22
"Federal income taxes are just a part of the overall tax burden. Since most workers pay payroll taxes, the share of American taxpayers who pay neither payroll nor federal income taxes was only 19% in 2021, slightly higher than the 17% rate before the pandemic. Taxpayers also often pay state and local taxes."

Talk about a disingenuous statement, if they have federal withholding and don't have a federal tax they will get it all back in a refund. Same with paying into social security and medicare, the poor overwhelming get much more back than what they put in.

As a CPA that has worked on tax returns for multi millonaires they end of paying a lot of taxes and you can thank President Trump for that since he removed the SALT tax deduction which the Dems want to reinstate. Let's face it, the really wealthy are democrats and that is why they reinstated the carried interest loophole into the inflation Reduction Act.

14-Aug-22
Adding more dumb to dumb ain’t gonna make it less dummer.

14-Aug-22
A lot of folks in this country have become conditioned to think bigger gov is better...real world facts show otherwise. I still say do away with the Federal Inc tax and go to a simpler system and force the politicians (that work for us) to quit extorting and wasting our money. When you can be Jailed for not paying some form of tax, you ain't living in a free society..that may sound extreme but as a nation, we are a snow ball rolling down hill..and there's only one way this all will end if we don't stop. History tells us how it ends if we pay attention.

14-Aug-22
I bet you all these folks complaining about the rich paying their fair share would change their minds real quick if the tables were turned and they were the ones having to pay that extortion money.

15-Aug-22
As long as Russia has you on their side they’ll be fine.

15-Aug-22
So satisfying to see the Taliban celebrate their victory over us in Afghanistan with a parade full of the Hummers and gear we paid for. Maybe the new IRS agents are coming on board to make sure we collect and send enough "aid" to keep all that stuff running good.

16-Aug-22
Forget the 80 billion in funding fiasco...In a day and age where nobody wants to work, WHERE do you find 87 THOUSAND (qualified) people to fill these positions?!?!? That's not a workforce; it's an ARMY! And if you don't believe the vast majority of new audits won't be aimed at conservatives then you have your head buried up your arse, because you can bet your last penny they will be!

One last thing, has ANYONE explained WHY the IRS needs ammo...even one single round??? What are they so afraid of that they'd need be armed? And if it's perfectly acceptable for the IRS to be so well-equipped then why doesn't that hold true for the rest of us fighting for our 2A rights everyday?

16-Aug-22
Just what we need 87,000 Barney Fife IRS agents wanting to make a name for themselves.

17-Aug-22
Maybe they can borrow some of your hero Putain's Syrians?

17-Aug-22
I'm sure the application process is completely free of Political bias ... ;^p

17-Aug-22
Yeah, "wanted - Democrats who like guns"

LMAO

17-Aug-22
“The IRS employee union donates 99% of its money to Democrats. This scam to give the IRS tens of billions of dollars will pipeline millions of dollars into the coffers of Democratic candidates. Does anyone believe that an agency that gives almost every dollar from its PAC to one party is an unbiased referee of our tax system?” —Stephen Moore

17-Aug-22
One thing is for sure growing the IRS is going in the wrong direction.

Oh I forgot, we will be the first nation to tax our way to prosperity. The "Big Government Utopian fairytale".

19-Aug-22

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo

19-Aug-22
IRS agents or more like the new Brown Shirts? reminiscent of the late 1930's and early 1940's. IF the plan were for big business to pay more tax there would be no reason for these many agents. The real target is middle class, small mom and pop business which has always been the backbone of America's economy. Barber shops, pizza shops, auto repair, anything that works with a lot of cash sales. This administration continues to destroy everything it has touched thus far so why stop now? leave no stone unturned until everyone is dependent on the government. The only thing this will accomplish is deep sixing more small businesses that survived the covid BS and driving more big business overseas.

• Sitka Gear