Pete-pec 09-Aug-22
No Mercy 09-Aug-22
Wildan2 11-Aug-22
JTreeman 14-Aug-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 14-Aug-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 14-Aug-22
spike78 14-Aug-22
08-Aug-22
Anyone using 64Gb memory cards for the Tactacam XB Cell cameras? I know it recommends the 16gb-32gb but I already have 64gb cards from other electronics.

08-Aug-22
They are VERY specific about the cards the recommend be used. That said, I have one that I’m using that is 64 and I have not had any problems. But I’ve also heard people say they worked fine for a while with the “wrong” card and then started messing up and they installed the “right” card and resolved their issues.

So who knows, it’s all Greek to me…I’m just a dumb redneck from Oklahoma.

—jim

08-Aug-22
Thanks Treeman. As much as i hate to im probably gonna buy the 32gb to be safe.

08-Aug-22

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Okay, from the horses mouth. Specifically, it should be the recommended brand and type. Nothing more and nothing less than 16 to 32. No intermingling of cards. Reformat every time you pull a card, and install the other card designated for that specific camera (example: card A and card B for camera named 1 and label both formatted cards so they are not intermingled). Amazon has them for 11.99. There are three default settings that allow your cameras the most optimal pictures, videos, battery life, as well as longevity of the camera. When your camera is not working perfectly, it can go into a default mode that can (over time) hurt the camera. None of what I'm suggesting is from me. This comes from Zach at Reveal. He did help me, and now I'm running the card they recommend. I'm not the expert, and because of it, I'm following their guidelines. He said there's far more issues in cameras in general, because of inferior or wrong cards, or those not formatted correctly, as well as those intermingled from one camera to another.

08-Aug-22
The thing I don’t understand is if it’s so critical to the performance of the cameras why don’t they just provide one with each camera. I would happily pay an extra $15 to know I have the exact one they recommend and not have to go hunting it down.

Seems it could save them a lot of headaches answering the same questions all the time with the same issues.

-jim

09-Aug-22
Jim, I agree wholeheartedly. I spent 12.99 each on 6 that were the exact same brand, but incorrect write speed. So ultimately I could have bought another camera with the money I lost.

09-Aug-22
Pete is exactly right. Cards are extremely important in the operation of the camera, not just the storage.

11-Aug-22
Also do a full format not quick;use class 10 cards.I found out the hard way also.

14-Aug-22
They are VERY specific about the cards the recommend be used. That said, I have one that I’m using that is 64 and I have not had any problems. But I’ve also heard people say they worked fine for a while with the “wrong” card and then started messing up and they installed the “right” card and resolved their issues.

So who knows, it’s all Greek to me…I’m just a dumb redneck from Oklahoma.

—jim

14-Aug-22
Jim x2…. I use 64 in three of mine and haven’t had issues……yet

14-Aug-22
Jim x2…. I use 64 in three of mine and haven’t had issues……yet

14-Aug-22
I believe I used lesser cards in my Gen 1 Reveals and they worked fine

• Sitka Gear