goelk 21-Aug-22
Rackmastr 23-Aug-22
BowJangles 30-Sep-22
drycreek 30-Sep-22
M.Pauls 01-Oct-22
Mark Watkins 01-Oct-22
fuzzy 04-Oct-22
09-Aug-22
Back from Canol, took a good Bull first day out, to complete my NA 29 Archery Slam. Been an Amazing Adventure to get here, still processing it. I’ll recap the hunt here, might be slow, I’ve got a lot of catching up at work!

09-Aug-22
Congrats again Tim!

09-Aug-22
Congrats on taking the NA 29.

09-Aug-22
Congratulations on a gigantic accomplishment!!! Looking forward to the story of your Mountain Caribou.

09-Aug-22
Congrats Tim on a great accomplishment! You should be very proud.

09-Aug-22
WOW! CONGRATS on an amazing accomplishment! Can't wait to hear the story...................

09-Aug-22
Congratulations, again! Way to stay focused and get it done!

09-Aug-22
Little background, I took some of the more difficult species, Dall Sheep, Stone Sheep, Grizzly, Mountain Goat….. in 2 days of hunting, this Mountain Caribou trip was my 6th attempt!!! Weather, equipment failure, physical injury and stupidity caused failure on the first 5 attempts!

This trip was starting out bad, early July I’m at a UFC fight in Vegas and lose a tooth, bit of a raw nerve exposed. Then 10 days before leaving Diverticulitis is in full effect and I’m not even sure I can travel, all training and shooting screeched to a halt.

09-Aug-22
Sunday Juky 24th, Lee Duet arrives at the house, he’s hunting Dall, hoping to complete his super 10. We are traveling together and both hunting at Canol, hoping for an Epic duel celebration. No issues at the local airport and smooth layover in Houston. We board flight for Denver and are informed takeoff is delayed, backlog in Denver. Making the connection will be tight but very doable, we need to get to Edmonton. Landing in Denver we should have time to connect except there’s no gate open. We wait for a flight to leave, gate to open. You guessed it, the Edmonton flight leaves and we have front row seats.

09-Aug-22
Congratulations!!!

09-Aug-22
Congratulations!

09-Aug-22
United not only has no more flights to Edmonton that day but none the next. We get switched to Air Canada, depart in the morning to Edmonton via Toronto! Now all connecting flights into camp are lost. Canadian North can get one of us to Norman Wells Wednesday and the other Thursday, North Wright won’t have a flight to Canol until Saturday! Unfortunately we already took the flights on Canadian North. We rebook to Whitehorse through Vancouver and will use Tintina Air to get to camp. 3 days late and a few thousand dollars more. Problems with Toronto connection and Lee’s missing backpack have us wondering if it’s worth it!

09-Aug-22
Awesome Tim congrats on something so few will ever achieve!

09-Aug-22
We scrabble in camp to get Lee enough gear to start his hunt with, pretty much everything is covered except boots! Only option is a pair of light hikers I trough in for camp shoes, Lee call them high top tennis shoes. We shoot our bows, grab a bite to eat and are choppered out.

09-Aug-22
I fly about 45 min out of camp, as we’re beginning or decent I see a large herd of Caribou, really large. We land on a high saddle about a mile away from them. We put up our tents, arrange gear and set up a small camp. I’m hunting with Glen, the outfitters husband, great guy and we have history. We hike up to where we can see the herd, they seem to be feeding away, we figure they’ll cross into the next valley and we’ll catch them there tomorrow. Glassing the entire area we keep seeing smaller groups of Bou, close to 1000 caribou in a 2 mile range. I’ve hunted 12 times for Caribou and even though Mountain Caribou aren’t supposed to migrate, this is the largest herd I’ve ever seen!

09-Aug-22
Weather rolls in, hurricane force winds and heavy rain most of the night, I eat a couple fig newtons for dinner, not worth getting wet for a mountain house! Restless night, 1000 caribou 2000 eyes, some bulls over 400” easy. Won’t be easy but I should have a few chances to get it right! Morning comes, I find a few Bou, maybe 30, but 2 shooters in the group. I get water and Glen is making coffee when I get back. I tell him I want to go after the Bulls I’ve located.

09-Aug-22
The Big Pizza has done it.

Congrats again buddy.

09-Aug-22
Sounds like a logistical nightmare! Looking forward to when everything levels out and the fun begins!

09-Aug-22

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
We head down to get in front of the feeding Caribou, we get in a good position to ambush and they turn and begin to feed back the way they came. Nothing spooked them, just being Caribou. We bail out, climb up and hope to get in front of them. As we’re climbing we look towards camp, 8 bulls are literally walking past our tents, 2 are pushing the 400” mark. We’re cliffed out and can’t get to the group we were originally pursuing, we head back to camp, see if we can locate the second group of bulls!

09-Aug-22

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

09-Aug-22
Congrats Tim. Helluva accomplishment.

09-Aug-22

Back in camp, I’m soaking wet, I don’t perspire, I sweat! Throw a fresh hiking shirt on and mix hydration/electrolytes into my water bottle. We begin to crest to rise behind camp, Glen is 20 feet in front of me, I see him hit the deck! I see antler coming over the top, the Bulls were bedded 70 yards from camp, just below a rise. We couldn’t see them until we were on top of them. One of the bigger bulls crests the rise, for whatever reason my rangefinder (fresh batteries) won’t pick up!

09-Aug-22
Congrats on an amazing accomplishment, Tim. Looking forward to whole recap!

09-Aug-22
Congrats on taking the NA 29.

09-Aug-22
Saw that on Lee's FB page. Congratulations! Now when do we get to see the bull?! :-)

09-Aug-22
Always enjoyed your hunts. Congratulations, and I look forward to reading the rest!

09-Aug-22
That is awesome to hear Tim and a long time coming.

09-Aug-22
Well I see your boots showed up at least.

09-Aug-22
Good luck to take a boot pic! Kelly would be proud of ya!

09-Aug-22
I guess the Bull for 50, shoot right under him. He moves off, even bigger Bull comes over the rise at 70 +/-, as I draw my back foot slips off the boulder I’m standing on. Bulls move off unharmed!

09-Aug-22
We let them settle down, they cross over to the next valley, we see a few more Caribou funneling through into the same valley, decide to set up an ambush in a pinch point of a saddle. About an hour after we get in position, a group of Caribou come through, an old Bull is with them but I feel I can definitely get a larger one, I pass a 40 yard shot.

09-Aug-22
Less than a minute after the Caribou are gone I look to our right, a large wolf (reddish color) is starring at us 20 feet away. We freeze hoping he’ll move off and offer a shot, he suddenly charges us! I reach for my bow, Glen jumps up and screams, the wolf turns and runs! He was 4 feet from us before he turned! We look at each other in amazement, not wolf behavior! Finally come to our senses and get Glens rifle out, I take a poke at him, just high!

09-Aug-22
Thinking the sound of the rifle might give our position away we, we decide to relocate. We move up to the next level and find15-20 odd Caribou with a decent Bull, sitting 120 yards from them with zero cover to close distance, we watch. They eventually feed over the rise, we move slowly and catch them below out of range. We sit trying to figure out where they’re going, probably too long as they are moving away, we try to make a move. I feel that all to familiar breeze on the back of my neck. The caribou turn and head over a mountain pass 180 degrees from the way they were headed. Not being able to look directly below us, we’re surprised when 250 more Caribou are bumped and begin pouring out of the valley! We hit the deck and pretend to be rocks, I’m watching all the big bulls we saw the day before walk out of my life at 135 yards!

09-Aug-22

Probably the new Archery record was in the group, several amazing bulls! I’m laying there thinking what we did wrong, not moving. Getting towards the end of the exodus, I believe the Caribou forgot why they were leaving. Eight bulls and four cows hang out and begin to feed, not only feed but towards us. 3 shooters in the group, one really big frame with good tops and decent front, one chocolate Bull with great fronts and mass and a cool bull that wouldn’t score but had an Elk-like rack. 90 yards, 80 yards at 71 yards the chocolate bull is broadside. I draw and rise to my knees, settle the pin behind his shoulder, at release everything feels great. The arrow disappears behind the Bulls shoulder, he kicks and blood is pouring out of either side and mouth/nose. He’s down in seconds!

09-Aug-22

Excited, elated, sense of relief; a lot of emotions running threw my mind! Glen tells me it’s a great Bull, we just saw so many giants, you may not realize. I laugh, only because I was thinking the same thing! I’m very happy with him!

09-Aug-22
I spent a week in base camp, shooting my bow, fishing, reading and relaxing; waiting on Lee to tag out. Days were long but much better than working! Thanks Guys! It’s been one Hell of an Adventure!!!

09-Aug-22
Great write up! What a shot, and bull.

09-Aug-22
My man! Years of dedication! Congrats again

09-Aug-22
Enjoy every day. Congrats.

09-Aug-22
Definitely icing on the cake! Beautiful bull and great shooting! Lee that boot pic would pay off! Congratulations!

09-Aug-22
Congratulations on a great bull and finishing an incredible accomplishment, #43

09-Aug-22
I knew that Mountain Caribou were going to be your nemesis on the day that you tore your rotator cuff 2 minutes after getting off of the float plane when you and I hunted them together.....not to mention the ensuing horse "rodeo". Winners never quit, quitters never win. Congratulations on your North American 29!!!

09-Aug-22
Said it already, but I'll say it again, CONGRATS brother!!!! Couldn't be more stoked for you! Honored to call you a friend. We need to get together soon to celebrate!

09-Aug-22
Congrats Tim!! Thx for sharing. Carl

09-Aug-22
What an accomplishment! Sounds like an epic hunt to round out your 29. Congrats

09-Aug-22
Congrats on an awesome bull BigPizzaMan.

09-Aug-22
Congratulations... what an accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-Aug-22
Congrats!! How many years did it take?

09-Aug-22
You did it! Congrats on a major accomplishment.

09-Aug-22
Rare air Tim. Congrats on a well earned quest. All the issues and problems and sketchy luck just make it sweeter in the end for you. Chit's not supposed to be easy..... =D

And thanks for taking the time to share it with us here. Love the chocolate color, beautiful. Great shot, great job.

09-Aug-22
Congratulations on your achievement! Great write up and thanks for taking us along.

09-Aug-22
BPM, I smiled as soon as I saw you were posting a thread. I didn't know it would be your NA 29, I've just always enjoyed your hunting stories. I've been inspired by many. Thanks for all you've shared and CONGRATS on the NA 29!!

09-Aug-22
Congrats. That is an amazing accomplishment for a Bowhunter.

09-Aug-22
Well done Tim and a big congratulations on your feat

09-Aug-22
Congratulations Tim. Amazing accomplishment

09-Aug-22
Great looking bull! One hell of an accomplishment! Congrats!

09-Aug-22
Awesome bull. You’ve had quite the adventure pursuing the NA 29.

09-Aug-22
Beautiful Trophy, Tim...Big Congrats !!

09-Aug-22
Happy for you man. Glad you decided to come on here and share the tale. Congrats on joining some very elite company at #43.

09-Aug-22
Congratulations. Great story and pictures.

09-Aug-22
Congrats! Fun story. You have had a lot of fun accomplishing this.

09-Aug-22
Tremendous hunt, great recap, awesome bull. Congratulations BPM.

09-Aug-22
Congrats on an awesome bull, and even bigger congrats on your archery 29, Tim!!

09-Aug-22
Can't even imagine the sense of accomplishment when that bull went down....CONGRATS!!!

09-Aug-22
Congrats,,,, I dont care how much money you have, it takes alot of true grit, to accomplish what you have done...... I have 2 sheep, one took me 3 trips to get, and that is on a joe lunch pail budget...... I always said, its " how much do you want it"

Once again, great thread,,,, thanks for letting me share,,,,,, the days I hunted their was no social media, or sat phone, etc,,,,,, but their were " pop tarts",,,, ha ha

09-Aug-22
Congrats again, Tim. Outstanding accomplishment!

09-Aug-22
Simply amazing BPM. Way to make it happen.

09-Aug-22
Fantastic accomplishment. Great adventure. Congrats again Tim.

09-Aug-22
Excellent job Tim! Dandy bull! You should be #43 Archery Super Slam, (don't make an acronym out of it, haha) unless someone snuck one in that I haven't heard about!

But it's really about the hunting, the adventures....plus many mis-adventures, travel delays, the tons of "Almosts", the blood, sweat and tears, years of effort and all that went into it!

09-Aug-22
Congrats Tim!! Awesome accomplishment and thank you for sharing!!

09-Aug-22

09-Aug-22
Awesome! Congratulations!!

09-Aug-22
Thanks for the write up and congrats on an awesome accomplishment! Well done

09-Aug-22
Congrats. Great pic. Love Caribou....

09-Aug-22
Strong work Tim!!!!

10-Aug-22
Congrats man. It is amazing how so many people have one animal that just eludes them time and time again. Glad to see you got your final one down.

10-Aug-22
Way to go Tim!

10-Aug-22
Congrats Tim!!

10-Aug-22
Tim, Which was the hardest animal. And which was the largest trophy

10-Aug-22
Congrats Tim!! Simply amazing!!

10-Aug-22
What a great accomplishment,!!

10-Aug-22
A quick, clean kill on #29 how sweet is that! Congrats sir!

10-Aug-22
Congratulations Tim! Way to stick with it and persevere. Hell of an accomplishment. Nice Mt. Caribou bull to finish off your Super Slam.

10-Aug-22
Congrats!

10-Aug-22
Congratulations!!

10-Aug-22
Great job Tim!!!! Congrats!!!

10-Aug-22

Thanks Everyone!!!!!

Largest and Hardest were the same, Mountain Goat!

Took better part of 25 years, as I said it was an amazing journey.

10-Aug-22
Wow! That goat took a beating

10-Aug-22
Dude, that billie is a BEAST. Were you hunting this same goat for 25 years, lol?

10-Aug-22

Rock Rash is real, I shot 2 Goats in my career, both dove off the mountain both survived unbroken and both were B&C Goats!

10-Aug-22
Nice critters congrats.

10-Aug-22
Wow, amazing accomplishment and a great trophy bull. Fitting one to close it out on.

10-Aug-22
Congrats! Now what are you going to do?!

10-Aug-22
Helluva shot!

So Tim, I was wondering the same thing. Now the goal is complete......is there a little disappointment that its over? Half the fun is in the anticipation and challenge. Such an incredible feat, Well done.

10-Aug-22
Congratulations Tim and thanks for the great recap!!

10-Aug-22
After the Archery Super Slam, you either get to go for the Capra or Ovis world slams or the SCI World Hunting Award.

10-Aug-22
That some accomplishment! Why don't you post a picture of all 29. That would be something to see. Congrats!

10-Aug-22
Love the idea of having pictures of all 29, either in this thread or another one. Other questions that come to mind: -most and least enjoyable hunts. -toughest hunts And any other tips in regards to equipment, hunting, travel etc.

10-Aug-22
What an accomplishment Tim! Great bull to close it with. Heres to you, BPM!!

10-Aug-22
I’ll start a new thread tomorrow, rough day at the office! Thanks Again guys!

10-Aug-22
Tim Congratulations on your accomplishment and thank you for always taking us along for the ride over the years. I always enjoy your hunts and recaps. Enjoy the moment not many of us will be able to accomplish something like this!

10-Aug-22
It’s been a while since I logged in and posted but this one is worth the log in.. huge congrats on finishing your archery superslam! I met you from this site and you have always been a big inspiration to me and even a bigger friend. Thank you for everything you’ve ever done for me! It never goes unnoticed. So blessed to have been there with you not only on your grand slam bighorn hunt but to be on same trip with you on your superslam completion is priceless to me and will never be forgotten Tim. Thank you again !!

11-Aug-22
Thanks Lee! We’ve only done a few hunts together but man they’ve been memorable!! We’ll do more, I’m seeing an Island in our future! My Pleasure!

13-Aug-22
Awesome hunt and write up! Thanks for sharing!!!

14-Aug-22
Congrats on your bou', and the NA29!

16-Aug-22
Helluva quest Tim. Congratulations. That’s amazing. Thanks for sharing

16-Aug-22
Congrats! A whole load of amazing hunts embedded in that accomplishment! Great Caribou too!

16-Aug-22
Just read this thread tonight. Amazing hunt - congrats on a great trophy and NA 29 completion.

Proudness of you and for you !!

17-Aug-22
Great Caribeaux!!!!! Congrats Tim,you so deserve it!!

17-Aug-22
Thanks Lee! We’ve only done a few hunts together but man they’ve been memorable!! We’ll do more, I’m seeing an Island in our future! My Pleasure!

LFG!! Lee, we're already doing one island hunt in the future so might as well do another haha

18-Aug-22
Awesome animal, congrats Tim, great shot!

18-Aug-22
Thanks guys!! I finally got Mountain Caribou figured out, I think I’ll bring my Grandson next year.

20-Aug-22
Congrats BPM!!!

21-Aug-22
Congrats Tim!!

21-Aug-22
Congratulations!

21-Aug-22
congratulations! amazing feat! Wow !

23-Aug-22
Congrats, what an accomplishment!

30-Sep-22
Way to go Tim! Huge accomplishment!

30-Sep-22
Don’t know how I missed this, but belated congrats on the NA 29 and a beautiful caribou !

01-Oct-22
Unreal Tim. You rock! Way to persevere through the hard, gruelling, and discouraging times!!

01-Oct-22
HUGE congrats Tim!

Way to persevere and make it happen!! 29!!!

Mark

04-Oct-22
Awesome!

• Sitka Gear