Pete-pec 10-Aug-22
BowAholic 10-Aug-22
BowAholic 10-Aug-22
milnrick 10-Aug-22
BowAholic 11-Aug-22
Chuckster 11-Aug-22
Lawdog 11-Aug-22
10-Aug-22
I have used a folding aluminum ladder stand for years but recently lost it in a fire. I can't seem to find anyone that still sells them. Does anyone know where I can find one? I don't hunt away from home often but when I do I need something that I can backpack in and use for a few days. I have never used climbing sticks and the trees where I go usually have too many limbs for climbers. Thanks.

10-Aug-22
I don't know of anyone that sells folding ladderstands. Rivers Edge use to sell the pack n stack but they don't make it any longer

10-Aug-22
I use the single cheapies ladder stands from Walmart. You can make them 12 or 16 foot.. they work fine for us.

10-Aug-22
Mine is called a Speed Ladder made by Leverage. Not really folding but an extendable ladder. Not real high but a very comfortable ladder stand with a seat/platform area like a hang-on. I keep mine tucked into thick cedar trees. No longer made.

10-Aug-22

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Buy a cheapie and put wheels on it. I used 1/2 inch all thread, with wheels with internal bearings I bought on marketplace for 10 bucks. All told, I spent under 75 bucks for everything. I installed an old tree harness for hands free, and it doubles as a deer cart. Fits in the bed of a full sized truck and weighs about 50 pounds. I just use the same ratchets for the support bar and where it rests against the tree, and lock everything into place for transport. Goes over downed trees easily. Obviously not made for super steep or rugged terrain, but it works pretty well for a person insistent upon a ladder stand like myself. Ibuse this for walk in public land that has bike trails or snowmobile trails to get back deep. If taken it across swampy stuff with great results.

10-Aug-22
Lost Arrow...that is one that I had never seen...pretty cool . thanks.

10-Aug-22
Pete-pec~ that is a great idea and it would work where I hunt. It might be the best bet if I don't find another folder. Thanks!

10-Aug-22
Do a search for the Warren and Sweat Ocala Ladder, I used them years ago and they were great! Tubular as aluminum with a marine grade plywood platform. They were light weight, quiet and rock steady.

11-Aug-22
milnrick~those were cool...a guy might make one similar to that but using a telescoping ladder...?

11-Aug-22

Chuckster's embedded Photo
Like this milnrick? This is the Warren and Sweat Ocala stand. I bought that tree stand in '94 and still use it today. I picked this one up off Craigslist about a year ago for $100 for parts. The one pictured is the 15' ladder model. Mine is the 12' ladder.

A couple years ago I had to make a repair to my treestand ladder. Metaldepot.com carries aluminum tubing the same size as the ladder.

11-Aug-22
I have one of the old Warren and Sweat ladder stands and still regularly use it. I looked for a replacement and just couldn't find another aluminum stand-anywhere. Off topic, so I just made the seat more comfortable. Good luck and please let me know if you find one.

• Sitka Gear