KHNC 11-Aug-22
Treeline 11-Aug-22
cnelk 11-Aug-22
Nick Muche 13-Aug-22
Beendare 13-Aug-22
Matt 13-Aug-22
10-Aug-22

Jordan's Link
For a time I back in 2009/2010 I was in regular contact with Aron. I brought my son, Zach, out to CO for his 13th bday and met up with Aron to go shed hunting. He also helped me figure out a plan of attack for Unit 39 in 2010. So I've heard his story first hand up to that time and have enjoyed his success since. I know a bunch of hands from here know him and interacted with him back in the day before he joined Kifaru and became a bit of a celebrity.....maybe you will enjoy this story as much as I did.

10-Aug-22
Cool. I had no idea he was on bowsite.

11-Aug-22
That's a great article - I've messaged with Aron several times in the past. He's a great asset to the bowhunting community for sure.

11-Aug-22
Aron is a stud, and a great guy. He epitomizes the "real deal" in bowhunting. Not an IG diva playing to sponsors. All the YouTube wannabes could learn much from him.

11-Aug-22
Aaron was a regular here for a few years. Butted heads with a few guys but a solid contributor and really good gear reviews. Glad to hear he’s doing well and getting the recognition he deserves.

11-Aug-22
He got his start from this site. He had the best gear reviews.

11-Aug-22
Aron, is very down to earth and willing to help anyone.

I called him one night about a pack and ended up talking to him for over an hour about areas to hunt and what it was like back in the day.

He still does some reviews nowadays on his podcast (Kifarucast).

11-Aug-22
Salt of the earth dude who has worked hard just so he can hunt a lot. I have a lot of respect for him and yes....he was quite active on Bowsite back in the day. I remember him on the manscaping threads. LOL!

11-Aug-22
Great read!!! It gets the blood pumping. Thank you for sharing.

11-Aug-22
Dude can’t shoot a traditional bow.

11-Aug-22
Great article. I have huge respect for the guy. He's worked damn hard to be where he is in the industry. He and his wife along with Kifaru have moved to Wyoming. I'm looking forward to getting to know them better.

11-Aug-22
Damn, the leg humping is strong on this thread…

11-Aug-22
Or a couple dudes who appreciate a genuine self made guy who is as genuine as they come and has achieved an impressive level of success in a field through sheer will and determination. I'd like to see someone try to hump Aron's leg.....that could get ugly quick.

11-Aug-22
Jordan, didn’t realize so many guys on bowsite know aron on such a personal level to know his character and how genuine he is. I’ve spoken with him a handful of times and he’s always seemed like a decent guy, but I don’t profess much more than that.

11-Aug-22
WVMountaineer-"Dude can’t shoot a traditional bow."

What do you base this on? He has killed plenty of critters with a trad bow. I dont even know him, and never have talked to him, but I can see that he is obviously damn good at killing shit with ANY type of bow.

11-Aug-22
Les Welch and I elk hunted with him for a few days in 2013. We had very little action in the area where we met Aron and after he left us we decided to move to a different area several miles away that I had previously researched and E-scouted. Les and I both killed big bulls in the area we moved to. The story of that hunt was The Bulls of Horseshoe Mountain in Extreme Elk Magazine. Cory Jacobsen also used my video of Les's kill in an online commercial for the magazine. Les knows Aron well and has spent time with him scouting, camping, shed hunting and hunting. Aron was generous in helping us out with that unit.

The following spring I ordered a Kifaru Duplex frame intending to have it for my fall elk hunt. About 3 weeks before elk season I got an email from Kifaru saying that my frame was backordered until winter for various reasons and I was offered the option of a refund or waiting. Like Aron, I'm a guy who speaks his mind and tells it like it is. I emailed Kifaru, expressing my disappointment that they couldn't fill my order and with the late backorder notice and I requested my refund. I also commented in the email that I had hunted with Aron the previous fall, that I ordered the frame based on his recommendation and I was disappointed I wouldn't have it in time for my hunt. At the time I was somewhat desperate to get the frame and I thought maybe dropping Aron's name in the email might help.

A day or two later I got a call from Aron and he said they got an email saying that I hunted with him and he wanted to know who I was and if he knew me. I reminded him of the hunt with Les and and he said "oh Cheesehead!" I didn't know your last name. Then he said "you dumb c***sucker why didn't you just call me to order the frame in the first place" rather than going through the Kifaru order process. I told him I wasn't looking for any special treatment so I just ordered it. He offered me a used prototype for the same price but I chose the refund.

A few years later Aron did a podcast with Les and my name came up. They discussed our 2013 elk hunt and when referring to the big bull I killed, Aron said something to the tune of "Mike is one of those guys that if you stuff a lump of coal up his ass a diamond would come out" and there was some discussion of me being "lucky". Then he mentioned my email to Kifaru and what a "dick move" it was for me to drop his name when my frame was backordered. There was a fair amount of Cheesehead bashing on the podcast. It's funny, and contradictory that when he called me after my email he told me I should have originally called him to order the frame, but then later in the podcast he said that dropping his name in the email was a "dick move". So I guess it's okay to ask for special treatment up front but not later when Kifaru couldn't hold up their end of the deal...

The year after my frame was backordered and refunded but prior to the podcast, I ordered the new Duplex frame and it arrived with the carbon arrow ultralight stays that had been discontinued and which I did not order. I called Kifaru and they couldn't understand how I my frame got those stays installed because they had been discontinued for some time and they weren't installing them anymore. They made it right and sent the correct stays ASAP. I can't help but wonder if the wrong stays in frame were Aron f*cking with me.

Yeah, Aron is a great guy but he's ruffled a few feathers along the way. But then again who hasn't? Maybe I should be honored that he bashed me on one of his podcasts...

11-Aug-22
Respect the hell outta Aron for walking the walk and wish him nothing but continued success. It's been earned.

11-Aug-22
Gotta love stories about a blue collar guy scratching their way to the top. Anxious to see how he does at all the ASA tournaments next year.

....and I only hump Ron Niziolek's leg.

11-Aug-22
Kenny, it was a joke. I’ve never met him and only communicated with him via internet hunting sites. And in those few interactions, I’m certain he’s my kind of people. I guess I was hoping he’d read this and get a chuckle.

My comment was a joke. Because he is undoubtably one of the deadliest, most accurate traditional bow shots on the planet. If you’ve ever watched any of the videos he’s made with Tom Clum, you’ll see that.

11-Aug-22
Dat's a damn good leg to hump Nick. ;)

I can personally attest that Ron is right there with Aron when it comes to generosity and helping folks out with hunting.....and outdoor skillz. Lord knows there are a bunch of folks just like 'em here if you know how to find 'em.

I still laf when I remember Aron telling me about how his dad spelled his name wrong at the Hospital.......so he is stuck with one a instead of two.......LOL Or how impressed I was when he shared how he packed a goat off the mountain with a burst appendix...or was it kidney stones....hell I forget but it was painful to hear. And how he learned in the military to navigate to an animal he spotted miles away using a compass and a map without seeing the animal again until he arrived at the spot. I enjoyed every second hearing his history and stories.

I am excited for his next development, which he mentioned on a Poole podcast recently, that at the new Kifaru facility in WY he wants to open a school to help train folks in a wide variety of self defense and outdoor survival and hunting skills. That is his new jam. Pretty cool.

11-Aug-22
I met Aron 5 years ago and he suggested I come to his office and do a podcast as he was impressed that a guy in his late 70s was still out there solo elk hunting and spending 10 to 14 day alone. After a short introduction and review of my background, he stated the interview should last 45 minutes. An hour and 10 minutes later we finished as he was asking many questions , concerning "how do you do that?". Hard core guy for sure. Fun interview. This was the time he was making the transition from compound bow to the stick. He never did volunteer to help pack out my elk. :) He has continued to support the Colorado Bowhunters Association.

11-Aug-22
Roger that WV! :)

11-Aug-22
Great article. Seems to fit what I know about Aaron.

Had heard about Aron for a few years but never met him.

He had a live video going on Instagram talking about use of GPS and maps for hunting… I jumped into the conversation a bit and made some comments about how everyone having a GPS these days had ruined a lot of my good spots, that I learned to get around in the woods the hard way long before GPS’s and still did not rely on them.

Aron and I were going back and forth about getting lost in the woods and me saying I had never really been lost and he was calling BS until he looked me up and was then shocked when he saw some of the critters I have killed with a longbow over the years. He started pulling up my pictures for the group and they seemed impressed.

He saw a picture of me with a Kuiu backpack on and said I needed a better pack. He messaged me telling me he was sending me a pack and gave me his personal number to call. I called him and we had a great conversation. He sent me a Hoodlum that I have been very pleased with. It is probably the most comfortable pack I have ever used for packing out big loads.

Have had a number of chats with him since then about hunting and he seems to be a great guy. Damn glad to see his success in the hunting industry and hope that it continues.

Looking forward to actually meeting him in person someday.

11-Aug-22
Paul@the fort - hell you stay and talk for an hour and half when you stop by my place! Lol

13-Aug-22
Jordan The Elk Spooker is NOT leg humping Aron.

13-Aug-22
Arons a good dude.

13-Aug-22
"Then he said "you dumb c***sucker why didn't you just call me to order the frame in the first place" rather than going through the Kifaru order process."

So you do actually know him? ;-)

I still remember his first gear review on BS, on a Badlands pack. How far he has come. Aron has accomplished a tremendous amount, I am really proud of him. Proof positive the American dream is still achievable for those who are driven and willing to work hard.

That said, the leg humper comment is beyond petty.

• Sitka Gear