01-Sep-22

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo

01-Sep-22

02-Sep-22

petedrummond's embedded Photo

02-Sep-22
Yes we were idiots, we just happened to survive all those stupid things we did. And most still have all our appendages too!! :):):)

03-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

03-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

03-Sep-22

ahawkeye's embedded Photo
ahawkeye's embedded Photo

03-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

03-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

03-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

03-Sep-22
Seems like a good deal Dana! :^)

03-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

05-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

05-Sep-22
?

05-Sep-22
Evidently, it works even better than you thought, Dana!

Upper left, bou.

05-Sep-22
Yep. The eyes are what I saw first. Just like when I'm deer hunting. Either the eyes, or with deer, a horizontal line in a vertical woods.

05-Sep-22
That was a good one....I had to stare at it for a few seconds before I picked it out.

05-Sep-22

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo

06-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
One for you Zen archers out there ;-)

06-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

06-Sep-22
For you Charlie Chan trivia fans.....Master Po above and Hop Sing , the cook from Bonanza, both played Charlie Chan's son's in the old movies. If you remember the very attractive and fit Kiana Tom doing her exercise Flexappeal show from the beach in Hawaii.....her dad played Charlie Chan jr in a few of the old movies.

06-Sep-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
In keeping with the theme of the thread....some honorable words from Charlie.

06-Sep-22

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Kinda not funny but more truth than fiction

06-Sep-22
LEWIS FOR THE WIN!!!

06-Sep-22

HDE's embedded Photo
HDE's embedded Photo

06-Sep-22

HDE's embedded Photo
HDE's embedded Photo

07-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

DanaC's Link

07-Sep-22

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
I think this is a Californian headed elk hunting

07-Sep-22
Two alligators were sitting at the side of the swamp near the lake.

The smaller one turned to the bigger one and said, "I can't understand how you can be so much bigger than me.

We're the same age; we were the same size as kids. I just don't get it."

"Well," said the big gator, "what have you been eating?"

"Politicians, same as you," replied the small gator.

"Hmm.....Well, where do you catch them?"

"Down the other side of the swamp near the parking lot by the Capitol."

"Same here. Hmm.... How do you catch them?"

"Well, I crawl up under one of their Lexus cars and wait for one to unlock the car door.

Then I jump out, grab them by the leg, shake the crap out of them and eat 'em!"

"Same here." says the big gator. "Do you eat Democrats or Republicans?"

"I eat the Democrats" says the little guy.

"Ah!" says the big gator. "I think I see your problem. You're not getting any real nourishment.”

“You see, by the time you finish shaking the crap out of a Democrat, there's nothing left but an asshole and a briefcase.”

07-Sep-22
Don't get the "Suck it up", one???

08-Sep-22
^^^ suck it up, Buttercup. Her name was Buttercup.

08-Sep-22

HDE's embedded Photo
HDE's embedded Photo

09-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

09-Sep-22
This is more of a cool thing if you're into Clint. Pretty interesting how they made some of the noises. Also note the guy hanging from a rope.

09-Sep-22
Don't know if this is real, but if it is, that's a heck of a rooster. He probably wouldn't last too long if he did that every morning at sunrise and you're trying to sleep. He'll end up in chicken-n-dumplings.

09-Sep-22

09-Sep-22

Corax_latrans's Link
@JL - that rooster is one of the funniest things I have seen in quite some time!

Everything goes better with a full chorus.

09-Sep-22
Rooster reminds me of when we were in Key West hotel, every morning about four thirty he came stuttin and crowin through the parking lot. Getting on a fishing boat there I mentioned we used chicken guts at home fishing maybe we should "harvest" this guy. The boat capn said if you do the law will show up.

09-Sep-22
Protected invasive species in the keys, lol

10-Sep-22

DanaC's Link
Beware of horny elk?

10-Sep-22
Jl really enjoyed the Good bad and ugly theme I saw that a time back very impressive liked that rooster also Lewis

10-Sep-22
Lewis....that was the first time I've seen that Good, Bad & Ugly symphonic video. I was impressed with how they did it. Did ya see the body hanging?

10-Sep-22
Yep

10-Sep-22
Remind you of anybody? YIKES!!!

10-Sep-22
I think that rooster had one it many drinks...8^)))

11-Sep-22
I was curious what was on YT for rooster vids. Apparently there are rooster in Japan that do the long crow thing. These are American roosters when they see the Japanese roosters on YT.

12-Sep-22

mgmicky's embedded Photo
mgmicky's embedded Photo

12-Sep-22
JL thanks for the laugh

12-Sep-22

13-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

13-Sep-22
Yep that's gonna be real disappointing DanaC, real disappointing!!

14-Sep-22

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Something to think about

14-Sep-22

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Hmmm

14-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

14-Sep-22
JL that Good Bad and Ugly was amazing!

14-Sep-22
Ya it was.....

15-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

15-Sep-22
I love how guys love to hate on electric cars without even researching them. I bet they said the same thing when going away from a landline to a battery phone. By no means are they the ultimate "green" solution, but I am currently paying for the nicest and most enjoyable vehicle I've ever driven literally with my gas savings. The savings will get even better in winter when my F150's efficiency dropped by 30%. In a few years I will own an expensive asset. That cost me nothing. That needs no oil changes and I never need to go to the gas station as I start each day with a full "tank."

15-Sep-22
APauls, what distance do you drive to save all that money? I spend roughly $50 a week on gas so I know an EV would cost me a hell of a lot more then $200 a month. I also read that EV battery life is horrible in the cold winters. Their is also the cost to install a charger at your home. What happens if your power goes out overnight at home due to a storm and you have to go hunting in the morning. People talk about not having to pay for oil changes but in reality that only cost me about $150 total a year divided by 12 months is like $15 a month. An average EV is at least 60k plus and my truck costed me 21k. So I’m curious how your math works out to be that way?

15-Sep-22

JL's Link
Ahh...EV's...a September Funny.

We ain't there for EV's just yet to be a full replacement of gas vehicles. Too expensive so far. The attached article from July has some good info on them. They say the batteries can be warrantied for up to 100K/10years. When it's time to pay the fiddler for the dance....

""In 2016, studies found that the cost of a typical EV battery replacement could reach $10,000 or more, which is on par with the cost to replace a gas engine in traditional cars. Electric car batteries can be hard to source from anyone other than a dealer, and the time it takes to install and calibrate the batteries means that prices are going to remain steep for some time. The price per kilowatt hour is expected to fall by the end of the decade, but that can be little consolation to someone needing an electric car battery today""

15-Sep-22
So coal, natural gas, oil, etc. is burned in a plant to generate electricity. That electricity is loaded into your "green" car that amazingly consumes no fossil fuel. OK. For now I'm just going to bypass the middle man and burn fossil fuel directly in my vehicle.

15-Sep-22
This is the other kicker for gas over an EV.

"CHARGING

You may also find that electric cars take too long to charge, even if there is a charging station nearby. Unlike filling up a gas tank, which can take a few minutes, most electric vehicles take much longer to recover a sizable portion of their range. This can make road trips impractical for many, as the requirement to stop and charge for half an hour or more can turn a simple trip into a long, painful one. "

15-Sep-22
For a hunter I would never condone an EV as your only vehicle. But let me tell you it feels awesome to basically scout for free. For us it is not our only vehicle. If I need to do an 800km jaunt I can still jump in my truck and go. The summer range on my EV (a KIA EV6) is 430km. I drive 70km each day just to and from work. In the most brutal MB winter conditions I expect in that environment for my range to drop to 200km allowing me my daily drive plus a hell of a lot of extra driving in a day if I were to see fit.

Power here costs $0.09/kwh. If I fill at home that's a $7 cost for 430km. My truck costs me $0.25/km. My cost goes from $18/day to $6/day using ONLY MY WORK km's. The kicker for me however, is that I can charge at work for free. So that definitely makes it great. But those numbers are using charge at home values. Essentially, I save 16 cents for every km (assuming home charging), and 25 cents every km when I charge at work like I do which also carries me through a weekend until Monday. I drove 8400 kms on the new vehicle in three months, at $0.25/km equals $2100 in savings in a 3 month time period. If I charged all that at home it would still be $1300 in savings. Now add the savings from an oil change I did not need to do as well, (another $150) never mind the beautiful thing that I never have to stop on my way home from work to fill up. Everyone is worried about the time lost charging on a road trip but I enjoy the 10 minutes saved every single week of the year not filling up.

On a road trip my vehicle will recharge 60% of it's capacity in 18 minutes, but I doubt I'd use if for a road trip in Canada. What would I do if I had a power failure all night? Well, in the 14 years I've been a homeowner that may have happened to me one time. I usually go 3-4 days on a charge, so probably nothing would happen to me. But let's just say I was dead before the grid went dead and I couldn't charge. AND the grid stayed dead ALL night. Then I'd jump in my truck and go to work. What if I didn't own a truck? Well I guess I'd drive my wife to work and then go to work. Or work from home, or gee I dunno, I guess in that apocalyptic situation I'd miss a day of work. Much like if the average female wakes up with a flat tire.

Is it right for everyone? Heck no, but the feeble reasons many throw out against EV's just don't stand up. I remember when I was like the first guy in Canada to buy a battery ice auger. Everyone laughed. Now I'd be surprised if 10% of ice auger sales are gas. Anyone out there still using corded drills?

Another kicker - when using a vehicle for work purposes you can fill out an expense form, and here we claim roughly 45 cents per km driven. In my situation it costs 9 cents assuming I charge at home. So if I need to use my vehicle for work purposes I will earn 35 cents per km. It's a nice little bonus. Especially highway driving as that equates to $35/hour.

15-Sep-22
JL, that's assuming there is no line at the charging station. Right now there aren't a lot of EV's, but as time goes by, there will be a demand. That 1/2 hr will become an overnight stay at "the pump".

15-Sep-22
Brian why would there be demand when they are so impractical? Sounds like you're anticipating a lot of EV's to hit the road.

15-Sep-22
Adam I probably continue to light heartily make fun of electric cars. I really have only two issues with them, they are the purchase of them being subsidized by the government/my tax dollars and when states start requiring them to be the only thing sold in future like CA recently did. I however think when they become a more significant percentage of vehicles on the road they will create big problems for the power grid in many place.

I somewhat buy your numbers for savings above, but one way I think you are over selling the money you are saving is comparing a compact car to a pick up truck. If you did similar math for a small car that gets 35+ miles to the gallon vs a truck than might get 15-20 mile to the gallon. It going to cost you half as much in fuel to drive the compact car as the truck. So you are going to save chuck of money if you are comparing a small car that no matter what fuels it is uses it is going to use a lot less energy than a truck.

However debate electric cars is more funny than Dana's memes we have seen 12 other places already and were not that funny the first time. ;)

15-Sep-22

Snag's embedded Photo
Snag's embedded Photo

15-Sep-22
Come Snag I posted that on this thread over a week ago.

15-Sep-22

Talk about highjacking a thread I guess some people dont like humor.

15-Sep-22
Dang Pete....that one is 34 yrs old.....

15-Sep-22

AZ8's embedded Photo
AZ8's embedded Photo

15-Sep-22
Good one Azb

15-Sep-22

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Lol sorry guys. I love the humour. Lighter hearted comment turned into debate when I felt I had to back it up.

15-Sep-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

15-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

15-Sep-22

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Maybe I should have posted this on the “Sometimes ya gotta” thread….

15-Sep-22
“You don’t build a $12M waterfront house on Martha’s Vineyard if you really believe the oceans are rising.”

And you don’t apply for a permit to build a €45 million seawall to protect your golf course if you really believe that they are not.

Just sayin’….

15-Sep-22

16-Sep-22

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo

16-Sep-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

16-Sep-22
Forget electic cars, tobywon for the win!!

16-Sep-22
The real joke is all the references to kilometers.

16-Sep-22
Wife: My gynecologist said I cant have sex for 3 weeks

Husband: What did the dentist say?

17-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

19-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

20-Sep-22

20-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

20-Sep-22

jordanathome's embedded Photo
jordanathome's embedded Photo

20-Sep-22
I’m guessing that if EVs are made mandatory which they will be and more electricity is being consumed then you are nuts to think that the rates at home and at the charging station aren’t going to rise dramatically and wipe out any savings over gas fill ups.

20-Sep-22
EXACTLY! Why do you think that many of the charging stations are free.....for now!

21-Sep-22
Wow gripers on a humor thread. You need your own thread.

21-Sep-22
Just got dark again. Sense of humor boys.

21-Sep-22

Iowa Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Iowa Rut Nut's embedded Photo

21-Sep-22

spike78's embedded Photo
spike78's embedded Photo

21-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

21-Sep-22

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Another

21-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
Fixed that for ya

21-Sep-22

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo

21-Sep-22
Thanks Danac

22-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

22-Sep-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

22-Sep-22

TGbow's embedded Photo
TGbow's embedded Photo

22-Sep-22

Mike B's embedded Photo
Mike B's embedded Photo

23-Sep-22

24-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

24-Sep-22

WI Shedhead's embedded Photo
WI Shedhead's embedded Photo

24-Sep-22

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo

24-Sep-22

tobywon's Link
Funny one in link, at least for most

24-Sep-22

25-Sep-22

RonP's embedded Photo
RonP's embedded Photo

25-Sep-22

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

25-Sep-22
Loved Ronald Reagan Lewis

25-Sep-22

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Bout right

25-Sep-22

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Another

25-Sep-22

gflight's embedded Photo
gflight's embedded Photo

25-Sep-22

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

26-Sep-22

26-Sep-22

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

26-Sep-22

Mike B's embedded Photo
Mike B's embedded Photo

26-Sep-22
Doh!!!

26-Sep-22
I had to look for Homer....ya he's there if ya use your creative eyesight. Is that Debbi Harry?

26-Sep-22
Yeah, I'm guessing Debra Harry too, I seen recent video of her, she did not age well...

26-Sep-22
You've just RUINED the Simpson's for me!!!

26-Sep-22
If that was Rosie O'Donnell or Whoopi....it would have been funnier as you could make a crack that they invited Homer over for dinner.

27-Sep-22

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo

27-Sep-22
Lol..good one Don

27-Sep-22

bigswivle's embedded Photo
bigswivle's embedded Photo

27-Sep-22
Hopefully this will scare them back to where they came from bigs :^)

27-Sep-22
Hopefully this will scare them back to where they came from bigs :^)

LOL, I went from not giving a crap this morning to, now this damn thing is gonna go right over my house

28-Sep-22
“I went from not giving a crap this morning to, now this damn thing is gonna go right over my house“

Here’s hoping you won’t be in it when it hits!

BTDT with Sandy and had plenty, thank you. Stay safe!

28-Sep-22

Mike B's embedded Photo
Mike B's embedded Photo

28-Sep-22
REALLY!!!!

• Sitka Gear