Stringwacker 16-Sep-22
c5ken 16-Sep-22
Fields 16-Sep-22
Meat Grinder 16-Sep-22
Fields 16-Sep-22
Stringwacker 17-Sep-22
fdp 18-Sep-22
16-Sep-22
Anyone using the Wing-Man? Is you are, how do you like it? Also, what do you do with the 30' strap while walking to your tree?

16-Sep-22
I use it. The strap stays coiled in the bag that comes with it. I find that it often clanks off the metal climber I use.

I spent a great deal of time adjusting it to my weight but given in the early fall I dress lightly compared to heavier winter clothing I’m not sure if I actually fall will I just hang there…or fall like a rock. My plan is not to fall to find out I

16-Sep-22
Thanks for the info. Between my back pack, bino harness & body harness, I didn't want to carry the fanny pack the Wing-man came with. I guess I'll just loop-up the 30' line, put a bungee around it & let it hang while going toy tree stand.... Too much stuff.... hang from the line on my body harness....

16-Sep-22
I use it too. I keep the line coiled up and lightly tied together .. I do not drop it to the ground... I also adjusted it alot in the beginning to try and get it to stay out of the way. I use mine with a rock climbing harness and the buckle is in the front. I taped it so it doesnt clank off my bow or anything else it comes in contact with. It is not perfect, but its the best system I used yet. Light, easy hook up and unhook, allows me to be lowered to the ground if I do fall, and like mentioned above, I hope I never find out if it works.

16-Sep-22
I bought one last year. I frequently hunt alone, and it gives me some piece of mind that I won't be stuck hanging for hours if I fall. I roll up the webbing and put a heavy rubber band around it and throw it in my backpack with the rest of my gear. Like Stringwacker, the metal housing clanks on the hand-climber portion of my stand while climbing. I'll come up some kind of cover for it prior to Oct. 1st.

Good Hunting, be safe and shoot a big buck.

16-Sep-22
I know another modification of mine... I use a 3' length of heavy climbing rope and use it to connect to the line of the wingman and to my buckle on my harness. It allows the wingman housing to stay to the side of me and not hanging in my lap me all the time and keeping me from making any noise with it,

17-Sep-22
I also use it with a climbing rope as it makes things easier; but I still clang the metal housing at times off the top portion of the sit down climber.

The climbing rope adds yet another component to your system but it does minimize the occasional clank and also keeps the loop from fraying against the bark of the tree when using it in the conventional manner. It’s all a bit of a pain but worth the insurance against death by suspension trauma

18-Sep-22

• Sitka Gear