Iowabowhunter 19-Sep-22
PECO2 19-Sep-22
backcountrymuzzy 19-Sep-22
RJ Hunt 19-Sep-22
Grey Ghost 19-Sep-22
Zbone 08-Oct-22
Kingntuff 09-Oct-22
17-Sep-22
I’ve got my favorite replaceable blade knife, a good edc knife but next up I’d like a camp knife (also saving for an Iron Will skinner as I’m a huge fan of their heads).

Something that can withstand prying, good steel & not serrated. Think “end of the world” type survival Bowie style knife.

Whatcha got? I’d prefer a non commercial (like no Buck or Gerber brand) but more of a entrepreneur type guy.

17-Sep-22

Well-Strung's embedded Photo
Well-Strung's embedded Photo
I made these 2 San mai Damascus camp knives this year. I've started to like a bigger custom for camp chores and general work.

17-Sep-22
Sounds like you need a KA-Bar

17-Sep-22
My go-to all purposed end of the world survival knife would be my Randall Model #18, made with 440 stainless steel. The handle is a convenient storage for waterproof matches, or other fire starters. The handle cap also has a compass. The 440 steel is tough enough to take almost any abuse, easy to resharpen, and doesn't corrode.

Matt

17-Sep-22
Buck 104 in 3V

17-Sep-22
I'm with DanaC, Ka-Bar... For a beater camp knife, you can get a KA-Bar knockoff for under $25, got mine a Master Cutlery MT-122MRCS in March for $19.99 plus tax at Dunham's ...

17-Sep-22
I have owned many been blessed . Really like the " Off Grid " Back Country fixed blade . 60 bucks plus tax off AMAZON . A heck of alot of knife for the money .

18-Sep-22

RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
This is my camp knife I make. Is a clay hardened W2 high carbon.

18-Sep-22
Dam RJ. Your knives are a thing of beauty! Good job.

18-Sep-22

18-Sep-22
Thanks Lung

18-Sep-22
My favorite camp knife would have to be a multi tool….an old Sog with pliers that I carry

19-Sep-22
Ah man RJ that is fantastic. I’ll be reaching out via Instagram once we get our house sold & all moved in!

19-Sep-22
Knives of Alaska Bush Camp Knife.

19-Sep-22
Been using a Ka-bar USN Mark 1 for years as a camp knife for splitting wood (batoning) and everything else you're not supposed to do with a knife and it has taken zero damage. The black rubber grips they use are awesome

19-Sep-22
I kinda agree that a camo knife can mean many things.

A camp knife for me is simple chores like food prep, cutting rope, and other simple things. I use a hatchet for the hard work.

19-Sep-22
The original question is conflicting. A "camp knife" and a "end of the world" survival knife are 2 different tools, IMO.

Matt

08-Oct-22

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Just received my new camp knife: Ontario Knife Company 8689 Gen II SP-53

09-Oct-22
Sure is hard to beat a MORAKNIV.

09-Oct-22
Niche custom knife works

• Sitka Gear