BIGHORN 30-Sep-22
bowhunt 30-Sep-22
DEMO-Bowhunter 30-Sep-22
StickFlicker 03-Oct-22
Kz15 03-Oct-22
24-Sep-22

JTreeman's embedded Photo
So it’s certainly not a Super Slam, but I do feel it’s a personal goal that is a pretty fair accomplishment for a blue collar redneck guy from Oklahoma.

For those who may not know there are 29 big game species in North American. They are generally broken down into 10 categories. The list is: Deer (5), Elk (3), Bears (4), Sheep (4), Moose (3), Caribou (5), Bison/Musk ox (2), Mountain Goat (1), Mountain Lion (1), Pronghorn (1).

The Super 10 consists of one species from each of those groups. I have multiple species in a few groups, but the last few years have been concentrating on the 10, so there were multiple hunts to get moose and goat specifically. That kinda takes time and funds from additional species.

—Jim

24-Sep-22

I don’t think these will be in any specific order, but as most of us in the eastern 2/3 of the county I cut my teeth on Whitetails. Seems like a good place to start, I’ve never killed what I would call a truly “big” whitetail, but this one is probably my personal best.

Taken in north central Oklahoma.

—jim

24-Sep-22

Probably my second species I think (not this specific bear), as probably a lot of guys are able to chase black bears more easily and affordably than some other species.

Big old northern BC bear, taxidermist estimated him at 20+ years old. Taken spot and stalk (no bait in BC).

—Jim

24-Sep-22

Another affordable/accessible species a lot of guys chase early is Pronghorn. I personally didn’t chase them much early, and actually killed my first one (this one) in 2019 I believe

Southern Colorado, sitting water.

—jim

24-Sep-22

A fun hunt, but not one that really interests me in doing every year is mountain lion. I’ll do another one possible this winter, so never say never.

Good male cat from Alberta. January, think probably 2015.

—jim

24-Sep-22

Probably my absolute favorite species to chase. I’ve often said if I could only do one out of state for the rest of my life it would be elk somewhere.

This is my personal best bull, south central Wyoming. 40 yard shot, he was down in less than 80.

—Jim

24-Sep-22
Awesome stuff Jim! Congrats again! The Super Ten is a damn fine accomplishment!

24-Sep-22

The artic is cold! Not sure if I’ll ever return, but never say never! I actually had to shoot this guy with my partners bow as all my gear/clothes/bow got lost by the airlines on the way up. It was not optimal, but worked out in the end.

Nunavut, 2018 I think.

—jim

24-Sep-22

Caribou is one I really didn’t put a lot of focus on, and looking back I wish I would have earlier. I only have 2 caribou species at this point. Not sure how many more I’ll be able to add either.

This is a Woodland Caribou. Killed him second day of my October hunt in 2017. 40 yard shot, hit a bit low, but good blood and was able to sneak in for a second shot.

—jim

24-Sep-22

The pinnacle for a lot of guys are the sheep species. I really didn’t have a bunch of intreat initially, as I honestly felt they were out of my financial grasp. I hunted Stone sheep in 2019 on a highly discounted hunt with a friend of mine in BC and came up a bit short. But I was hooked and knew I needed at least one sheep in my life. An outfitter friend of mine in AK was gracious enough to help me out a little bit in 2020 and I was able to capitalize on the 3rd day of the hunt.

Dall sheep, Brooks Range Alaska.

—Jim

24-Sep-22
Congrats Jim! Heck of an accomplishment you have there.

24-Sep-22

So for years mountain goat was my absolute dream animal. More than the sheep even. The terrain they live in, their tough ruggedness just appeals to me.

I first hunted them in 2014 in northern BC and screwed it all up. By far the worst case of buck fever I’ve ever had. Hit the “wrong” (smaller of the 2) right in the neck at 30 yards, then again 2” from the first in the neck at 60. The guide ended up shooting him with his rifle. I was so sick I thought I was gonna puke right there on the side of that mountain.

I hunted them again in 2019 and passed a couple smaller billies then got pushed off the mountain by weather.

So this year I returned to BC with my outfitter friend Ryan determined to not leave the mountain without a billy. I was fortunate to be able to slip in on this big boy and put an arrow right behind his shoulder at 25 yard. Ran about 80 and death slide to just 30 feet from a 1000’ plus vertical cliff. It was all pretty damn lucky really! No score on him obviously, but each horn stretches the tape to 10”.

—jim

24-Sep-22
Awesome stuff. Congrats on a tremendous accomplishment

24-Sep-22

So that brings me to number 10. The damn moose. I’ve hunted moose 4 times and finally killed this bull this year in northern British Columbia, again with my friend Ryan. We killed the goat and then flew out to another lake to spend the 5 remaining days hunting moose. I was able to get an arrow right behind the shoulder of this fell at 16 yards as he ran in to Ryan’s call. He ran up over the hill, but didn’t make it 100 yards. Easy pack out back down to the canoe even!

It was quite a trip with Ryan this year. Both the goat and the moose to finish out my 10 I’m the same hunt. In my experience 2 species hunts are pretty though to pull off with archery equipment, but this year we hit the jackpot and got 3 species! The black bear was a last day bonus on the trip.

—Jim

24-Sep-22
Outstanding, congrats…..great accomplishment!

24-Sep-22

That’s it, that’s my 10. All with a bow. Thanks for coming along.

I’ll admit that only a couple have been officially measured and none have been registered with P&Y, but that is in the works. I think all of them will make the book, my only real concern is the moose, but I think he should hopefully just squeak in. If they all make it I will register them all together.

And just for my own vanity and to make it official I think I’ll even register in with GSCO.

I think I’m probably done with lists for the most part, but I still need a mule deer to finish my deer slam, so I guess that’s a list…I love elk hunting so if I can cough up the $ I am feeling like I want to chase the other elk species too, but we will see.

I hope to add a few more species, but financially I just don’t see that I’ll ever get to the 29, so I’ll be happy with whatever I can get. I suspect I’ll top out at something like 20 species.

—jim

24-Sep-22
A great run Jim, especially the three-in-one !

24-Sep-22
Congratulations..that is quite an accomplishment.

24-Sep-22
Proud for you. G

24-Sep-22
Congrats Jim. The Super 10 is a tremendous accomplishment! Well done !

24-Sep-22
Congratulations again Jimmy!!! We can do the “down-under” slam in July!! Not only is Jim a fine hunter he’s a Hell of a guy to share a camp with!

24-Sep-22
Congratulations on great animals and accomplishment. Lots of time, miles, and commitment in those 10 animals. Not to mention that a Super 10 while rocking super hair is next level.

24-Sep-22
Congrats!

24-Sep-22
Congratulations on some fine animals and great adventures.

24-Sep-22
Congrats Jim. Great accomplishment. What a great trip!!!

24-Sep-22
Jim Nicely done. While I just glanced at the animals, I did notice your beard got more white along the way. Maturity and wisdom, I expect. :)

24-Sep-22
Congrats Jim !! Great accomplishment for sure

Agree with Bigpizzaman Jim was always great to have in camp when he hunted with us !! Great Hunter as well as a great person!

24-Sep-22
Congrats, I too think the mountain goat is there dream hunt!

24-Sep-22
Congrats on the achievement. And some fine trophies and memories

24-Sep-22
I was wondering how BC treated you this time. Well pretty darned good, I’d say!!

Congrats Jim on a tougher to accomplish feat then many realize!!

It’s called Super for a reason!

24-Sep-22
Congrats again bud!! Jim is a helluva hunter…but anyone that knows him knows he’s an even finer human being. He’s as good as they come. Proud of your accomplishment and even prouder to call you “friend.” Now let’s go get that mule deer…

24-Sep-22
Dam fine accomplishment and thanks for sharing!

24-Sep-22
Yep not bad for a blue collar redneck from Okiehoma ;) Congrats on killing the 10 but more importantly hope you have/are enjoying the journey.

24-Sep-22
Congratulations Jim and thanks for sharing this with us. I have always hoped to join you on a hunt but that hasn’t happened. If we were still in Colorado I would offer a Mule Deer spot but we’re no longer there. Like yourself I’m a deer away from archery 5 species but short a Columbia Blacktail….

Congratulations buddy

24-Sep-22
Inspiring....well done!

24-Sep-22
Congrats again, buddy. Hell of an accomplishment.

24-Sep-22
Congrats Jim. Awesome, great pics too.

24-Sep-22
Nice animals and quite a bunch of hunting!

24-Sep-22
Tremendous accomplishment Jim…and what a way to cap-off your Super Ten!! Very happy for you. Count me among the many who admire your accomplishments and considerable effort to achieve this milestone. Congratulations.

24-Sep-22
Excellent! Congratulations.

24-Sep-22
Well done sir. awesome!

24-Sep-22
Congrats Jim! I hope to meet and have a beverage with you someday!!

24-Sep-22
Congrats, buddy! I was gonna say it’s gotta be the mullet of death, but I see several of them were pre-ponytail!

24-Sep-22
Congrats Jim! Heck of an accomplishment

24-Sep-22
This is awesome!

24-Sep-22
Congratulation on such an accomplishment and sharing your hunts and photos.

24-Sep-22
Congrats on reaching your 10 goal Jim. Great pics and write ups. Thanks for sharing with us.

Some beautiful animals and I'm sure the memories of those hunts are amazing!

24-Sep-22
Thanks guys, really appreciate all the posts and pm’s.

—Jim

24-Sep-22
Congrats Jim!! Some awesome hunting there and you’ve had some great experiences.

25-Sep-22
Looks like a lot of great adventures, and very nice animals. Love the photos, too, so many beautiful places.

25-Sep-22
Living the Dream Jim! Congrats man.

25-Sep-22
Awesome stuff Jim! Congrats buddy, you worked hard for this, and it was well earned! Lots of memes died along the way but it was worth it!

25-Sep-22
Congrats Jim! You are still young. Only 19 more to go…

25-Sep-22
Nice work Jim. When you see some of the accomplishments on Bowsite, it is easy to forget the difficulty in making some of these things happen.

25-Sep-22
Of course, this doesn't let you off of your annual "Adventures of Jim T" thread obligation.

25-Sep-22
Double post to emphasize. :-)

25-Sep-22
Congrats. Icing on the cake when they qualify for P&Y. Contact LWood to measure.

25-Sep-22
congratulations... You have accomplished something that many of us dream about. It took Dedication and tenacity to accomplish your goal.. Great job..

25-Sep-22
Congrats Jim! Heck of an accomplishment.

25-Sep-22
Congrats. That’s an heck of an accomplishment

25-Sep-22
Way to go young man! Thanks for sharing this and all your yearly trips for the rest of us who can't do them. Congrats

25-Sep-22
Congrats on lots of bowhunting success.

25-Sep-22
Oops, double post…

—jim

25-Sep-22
Impressive accomplishment and collection of animals. I'm short the Mt. Lion, but did most the easy way with a rifle, only 4 with archery.

25-Sep-22
Well done!! I’m sure there was a lot of fun had along the way.

25-Sep-22
I love it!

25-Sep-22
Congrats, Jim!! Well done my friend.

Lenny

25-Sep-22
Well done sir!!

25-Sep-22
Grats Jim! That's a really cool accomplishment and I'm happy for you.

I remember you telling me not too many years ago that you'd never hunt sheep and only shoot 1 goat; look at you now.

Maybe you should say that you'll never shoot a world record...

25-Sep-22
My Hero

25-Sep-22
Well done Mr. Treeman!

25-Sep-22
Way to go Jim, awesome stuff!

25-Sep-22
Congratulations. Great accomplishment!

25-Sep-22
Really cool. That’s a great accomplishment.

25-Sep-22
Not bad for a “redneck”. Congrats!

25-Sep-22
Awesome!!! Thank you for sharing.

25-Sep-22
Just going over the pics again on the big screen. Is that all three bloody arrows in your quiver from the three kills on this hunt?

25-Sep-22
Great stuff, Jim!!

25-Sep-22
Great accomplishment! Congrats!

26-Sep-22
Thanks for sharing. Congrats!

26-Sep-22
I never realized that when you visited my home, that a Legend was here-------->

Congrats man,

Robb

26-Sep-22
Well done Jim!!! Sick hair BTW!

26-Sep-22
congrats!! an amazing accomplishment!!!

26-Sep-22
Congratulations

26-Sep-22
Congrats Jim!

26-Sep-22
Way to go Treeman, you rock! What a year to cap it off!!! A lot of guys could have the means and resources to attempt this, but few would succeed. You’re an absolute inspiration to all the working class guys with bad hair do’s

26-Sep-22
Congrats! Pretty awesome. Sounds like you have 14 species and can still get a few more.

26-Sep-22
Great job! Congrats!

26-Sep-22
Congrats!! Just the variety of terrain and scenery in those pics is something to marvel at, let alone the animals.

One thing I'm curious about that nobody really talks about is; when a fella shoots multiple large species in one year what do you do with so much meat? Multiple freezers or gift a lot of it?

26-Sep-22
Jim, congrats on one hell of an accomplishment. As you know, The super 10 takes a ton of dedication, hard work and determination, then add the financial aspect to it as well. It is something that most will never accomplish. My hats off to you sir.

26-Sep-22
Congrats Jim! Great accomplishment.

26-Sep-22
That's quite the accomplishment sir.

26-Sep-22
Nice job, congratulations.

26-Sep-22
Pretty impressive for sure.

26-Sep-22
Congrats JTreeman.

26-Sep-22
From one redneck to another, well done! Quite an accomplishment.

26-Sep-22
That's pretty darn awesome Jim! They should give you an extra species for killing that mullet!!

26-Sep-22
Congratulations Jim, good stuff!

26-Sep-22
Not bad especially for a Okie! These are the kind of threads bowsite needs.

26-Sep-22
Huge congrats Jim and an even bigger THANK YOU for sharing so many hunts along the way with us on Bowsite. Those are the threads that make this site great!!

26-Sep-22
Congratulations!

26-Sep-22
That is quiet an accomplishment for sure

26-Sep-22
Well done sir !

26-Sep-22
My hat is off to you & congrats on the adventures & success. I feel blessed with 5 from the categories.

27-Sep-22
Solid work man!

27-Sep-22
Congratulations… great job

27-Sep-22

Thanks for all the positive reply’s and pm’s. It’s certainly been a fun journey to be on. I’ll definitely be adding a few species in the next few years, but no plans to go all the way.

I guess I didn’t use up all my luck in BC on the 3 animals a couple weeks ago. I snuck out of work a couple hours early yesterday and was able to connect on this guy just before dark! Not all adventures are 1000’s of miles from home!

—jim

27-Sep-22
Congratulations, Jim!

27-Sep-22
Congrats Jim! Great bowhunting accomplishment!

27-Sep-22
Wow, lots of adventures and some super nice animals. Congrats on an amazing accomplishment!

27-Sep-22
congrats Jim great animals and many memories

27-Sep-22
Congrats on an amazing accomplishment! Well done.

27-Sep-22
Well that hog is something I can relate to. We like to get away in Feb or March usually & enjoy a few days in the south out of the snow n cold chasing those critters. One thing, ALL your animals are a good example of each group, size wise.. THAT cannot come easy.. I'm guessing you work damn hard to take the animal you are after. You just don't go to the woods & take that caliber animal without a little knowledge. May you enjoy many more adventures.

27-Sep-22
Those are some great animals, and some great adventure to go along with it. Something to be proud of, for sure!

Congrats, Jim!

27-Sep-22
Congrats and great accomplishment!

27-Sep-22
Outstanding... congratulations. Ed F

27-Sep-22
Congrats on a great accomplishment. You have taken some beautiful animals and have some great memories. That is what it all about. Well done Jim.

28-Sep-22
Congratulations on the 10 Jim!

At about half way to a SS, keep hunting. You never know, it might happen!

28-Sep-22
Great read, thanks for it

28-Sep-22
Congrats Jim! Great accomplishment! Lots of great memories to look back on when you get old!

29-Sep-22
Thanks for sharing!

I liked how you pointed out how difficult it can be for some hunts, and bitter disappointment at a blown shot opportunity

Way to stick with it. An inspiration

29-Sep-22
Wow! Awesome Hunts!

30-Sep-22
Congrats again, ole boy. I wanna be like you when I grow up! :)

30-Sep-22
Awesome recap Jim. Very impressive accomplishment. Thanks for the post.

30-Sep-22
Very nice accomplishment

30-Sep-22
Will you be at the GSCO Banquet this year? My son and I completed our Super 10 a few years ago.

30-Sep-22
Thanks for sharing. Seems like a huge accomplishment. I can’t imagine the time and financial commitment it takes to accomplish. Not to mention you better be a real great hunter, so you don’t have to do multiple tricks for each species. Being able to able to execute at the moment of truth consistently is a fairly rare trait.

30-Sep-22
Well done Jim!

03-Oct-22
Congratulations, great job!

03-Oct-22
Great job Jim. You are a stone cold killer. Very proud to call you my friend.

• Sitka Gear