timex 29-Sep-22
Gil 30-Sep-22
dm/wolfskin 01-Oct-22
26-Sep-22
Omg surely not

26-Sep-22
Nothing to gain. Much to lose

26-Sep-22
I've never seen a picture like that on FB.

26-Sep-22
A small minority pride themselves on being UN-classy. Unfortunately the non- and anti-hunting folks take them as representing the majority of hunters.

I have nothing against posting pictures of your kill, just please don't make the rest of us look like obnoxious slobs.

26-Sep-22
That’s just because everyone is using Rages now. Sticking out is the norm.

26-Sep-22
Placing dead animal pictures on social media is never a win for the non hunting voter who is not yet an anti hunter, but can vote either way. Hunters become influencers and can slow or speed up our eventual demise, we better influence correctly.

26-Sep-22
What's worse...posting a picture of deer with an arrow sticking out of it or going on Facebook in the first place?

26-Sep-22
LOL at South Farm ! Never have, never will. My buddy just got locked out for posting his xbow for sale on FB, the morality designators.

26-Sep-22
I’ve never been on and won’t ever be on FB, but people posting pics on FB or other media with arrows poking in to animals are F’idiots.

26-Sep-22
I don't go on FB, but yeah, those photos are in bad taste.

26-Sep-22
I'm surprised the Facebook Police allow it

26-Sep-22
FB allowing it should point out their agenda and how really dumb it is.

26-Sep-22
Dana X 2. Takes 2" to remove the arrows, maybe use some leaves to clean it up a little, and a great pic results.

26-Sep-22
Is the top pic a double hamblaster ? I don’t even take many pictures, which is something I kinda regret in my old age. I especially wish I had taken more pics of my kids hunting and fishing as they were growing up. I just don’t feel the need too much to post pics on forums, but I like to look at other’s success pics. Is that strange ?

26-Sep-22
What’s Fakebook??

26-Sep-22

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
I do take lots of photos NOW. In my earlier years of film cameras, not so much & wishing I had. Wife is a pro & has tons invested in cameras & lenses & I tote my point & shoot. We have tons of photos from our 25 years together & the majority is Kids & G-kids doing everything from sports to fishing, shooting. I do take a hero photo as they say but pretty much for me. Yes, I share a bunch on here at times but never with an arrow & or blood everywhere. I have many non hunter friends on my FB & they have never complained yet.. The photos posted are bad, even for a bowhunter.

26-Sep-22
Am I nuts, or did every one of those pictures show at least TWO arrows sticking out???

Lovely. Just lovely.

26-Sep-22
There are no intelligence requirements to be a hunter.

26-Sep-22
A couple of those bulls look like pincushions. I know that less than ideal stuff happens out there, and has happened to me, but im not crazy about the idea of putting it out there for the world to see..

At the same time, its a free country brother. Or used to be.

26-Sep-22
Let me get this straight, the guy makes a bad shot and hits an elk in the ass. He gets a second shot, so he shoots him in the ass again!

26-Sep-22
^...Colorado heart shot?? ;-)

26-Sep-22
No judging, those days are gone. You cant talk about ethics anymore whether it be those pics, super long shots, hunting over corn, frontal shots, etc etc.. Your ethics are not my ethics as the saying goes, as long as it is a legal kill all bets are off. The standard has been set, especially on the bowsite. Everything is fine.

26-Sep-22
Yes, the hunting community went woke a long time ago.

26-Sep-22
Those pics are terrible. Shows no respect for the animal or the hunt. Makes me sick!

26-Sep-22
Photoshoped but I agree why ever go on Facebook.

26-Sep-22
I run an offshore fishing boat all summer between oc MD and Oregon inlet NC I'm a member of at least a dozen offshore fishing groups on fb. It's a great tool to help keep up with the fish......I find folks on social media talking negativity about social media just friggin..... BRILLIANT.....It reminds me of the folks that bitch about the political threads even though they have the choice to Read them or not. Again just friggin ... BRILLIANT...

The elk pics are in poor taste but FB has nothing to do with a person's character.

26-Sep-22
I'm trying to figure out why they are shooting elk in the guts and flank? No wonder so many are lost to arrows. I try to make my social media pics classy- no blood, no hanging tongues, etc.

26-Sep-22

JL's Link
Getting a Facebook, Instagram or Tweety acct....never!

"""Facebook ‘silencing’ activity related to FBI whistleblower Steve Friend

By Miranda Devine September 25, 2022 10:27pm Updated

""More evidence of how vindictive, obsessive and downright sinister Facebook is: Now it appears to be monitoring private messages and suppressing material related to the whistleblower complaint of heroic FBI special agent Steve Friend.

After Friend’s bombshell revelations last week in a whistleblower complaint to the Department of Justice inspector general, his cause received an avalanche of public and private support, including from former FBI agents and conservative groups.

As reported in this column, Friend’s complaint alleges that the FBI has been manipulating case-file management in order to falsely inflate the threat of domestic terrorism, and has been using unconstitutional and excessive force in efforts to persecute political opponents of the Biden administration. Friend, a SWAT team member in Florida, was suspended by the FBI last week after refusing to participate in what he regarded as an unnecessarily heavy-handed raid over a January 6 misdemeanor.

On Sunday, Friend’s wife’s Facebook account was suspended after she responded to an offer of support from a local chapter of Moms for Liberty (M4L), a conservative group that advocates for parental rights. Friend's wife had her Facebook account suspended after she received a message of support from a local conservative group.Friend’s wife had her Facebook account suspended after she received a message of support from a local conservative group.Anna Friend

“What can M4L do for Steve Friend right now?” Moms for Liberty had texted a mutual friend. “We want to offer community support of fundraising (though we feel it would likely be shut down). Can you reach out to him and let him know Moms for Liberty is thinking of him and if we can provide any assistance we are here.”

Mrs. Friend responded to Moms for Liberty using a private message on her personal Facebook account.

In the message, she identified herself as “Steve Friend’s wife,” thanked them for their support, said her husband was in the process of obtaining permission from the FBI to speak publicly and asked them to encourage their members to share his whistleblower story on their personal social media accounts.

About 30 minutes later, Mrs. Friend received a notification from Facebook that her account had been suspended because the “account, or activity on it, doesn’t follow our Community Standards.”

At the Moms for Liberty end, Mrs. Friend’s Facebook message disappeared. In its place was a notification saying, “Message unavailable.” "

27-Sep-22
You sure those aren't photo-shopped? Those are the most absurd pictures I've ever seen!

27-Sep-22
If those are your Facebook friends then you need new friends!

27-Sep-22
That first photo definitely isn't photoshopped. I happened to also see the original on Facebook. The poster did not react positively to the polite suggestion that perhaps he should have pulled the arrows out prior to taking the picture. Disappointing all the way around.

27-Sep-22
"I'm trying to figure out why they are shooting elk in the guts and flank? No wonder so many are lost to arrows. I try to make my social media pics classy- no blood, no hanging tongues, etc. "

Same mentality that causes a lot of hunters to overestimate their effective range and shoot past that - "Gotta get my deer!" (elk, bear, caribou...).

There ain't nearly as many elite shooters out there as guys who think they are one.

27-Sep-22
Jl........ recently on the FB ocean city offshore fishing thread a fellow was bitching about dogs pooping and peeing on his well manicured lawn.

I replied that I could never live in an urban city housing community because I'd (probably) end up killing someone... FB deleted my post and said it didn't meet their community standards....

Several years ago I posted a thread on the leather wall about a bald eagle flying off with one of my wife's cats and Phill gave it the axe. In a pm he stated it was not trad bow related........

Go figure.

If you think big brother is not watching EVERYTHING you do on the internet your nieve.

27-Sep-22
“Several years ago I posted a thread on the leather wall about a bald eagle flying off with one of my wife's cats and Phill gave it the axe. In a pm he stated it was not trad bow related........”

Where is Phil when you need him on Bowsite

27-Sep-22
“Where is Phil when you need him on Bowsite”

Probably hunting, or just simply ignoring the political threads. It’s easy if you try!

27-Sep-22
There are those who need validation therefore there is Facebook!

27-Sep-22
Like any other tool, social media can be used or mis-used. A$$holes mis-use cars, guns, telephones, atv's, crossbows, chainsaws, etc. etc. all the time. Doesn't make any tool 'bad'. The user is judged.

27-Sep-22

timex's embedded Photo
timex's embedded Photo
timex's embedded Photo
Tmac Here's the validation of my hard work
timex's embedded Photo
Tmac Here's the validation of my hard work
Tmac.....this pic of my garden is the last thing I posted on fb. I'm a member of a venison recipes group on fb and the subject of fresh veggies came up so I posted a pic of where my fresh veggies come from. Guess I needed some validation....... Geesh dude you can't be serious....

27-Sep-22
Common sense is the answer. I am quite active on Facebook and have never posted a kill photo - ever. It accomplishes nothing.

27-Sep-22
Crazy thing is I post very little on Facebook but when I do it's usually hunting, kids of meat related. Funny think is I've actually had non hunters go out of their way to tell me they enjoy seeing my hunting content.

So to say you can accomplish nothing I think is potentially short-sighted.

27-Sep-22
Complaining about social media on social media.

28-Sep-22
RK hit the nail on the head. They know these bozos are their own worst enemy. That guy in the first picture clearly has mental issues for posting that.

29-Sep-22
The same could be said for you too, ohiohunter. They have valid points as well. JMO

29-Sep-22
The same could be said for you too, ohiohunter. They have valid points as well. JMO

29-Sep-22
…..and you’re shining brightly, as usual.

29-Sep-22
Ohiohinter......... I believe somehow your common sense has been corrupted. So please explain to me the difference between a person getting on the internet then choosing bowsite then choosing the thread they are interested in. Verses a person getting on the internet choosing fb then groups then selecting the group they are interested in. An excellent example would be the venison lovers group on fb. Tired of the same old same old. Want to try something different. There's a plethora of venison recipes on that group.

Perhaps I'm wrong but it appears to me that your probably just not intelligent enough to utilize the good aspects that fb has to offer.

Have yourself a wonderful evening Sir.....

29-Sep-22
So a thread that you started about photos on fb of poorly hit elk gets sidetracked by a few of the fb haters. Then others such as myself state that fb isn't all bad if ya just use a little common sense. Then somehow you take it personally and get butt hurt. And resort to childish derogative's

Have a great evening Sir...and keep that light shining

30-Sep-22
Ohiohunter, your only answer is to me is an insult? That does not make your point more valid. Your argument should stand or fail on it's own merit.

My point is - Bowsite.com IS social media.

01-Oct-22
Does this mean Paul can't show a goose with an arrow in it? You may not like it but it's part of archery hunting. The Bowsite and Leatherwall is not Disney World. You're not going to change the mind of anti hunting people no matter what you show or don't show in a picture. Ya'll do know Pat's blood trails are cause by an arrow.

• Sitka Gear