RT 29-Sep-22
stringgunner 29-Sep-22
WV Mountaineer 30-Sep-22
Bowboy 30-Sep-22
Boreal 30-Sep-22
Bowboy 30-Sep-22
butcherboy 30-Sep-22
26-Sep-22
I purchased a new Hoyt Ventum pro this year at the launch.. anxious about the new rig I went all out on accessories new everything since my previous rig was a 2009 model. However I never intended on ditching my old fuse 6 arrow detach quiver, but my new black gold sight would not accommodate the mounting so I opted for a 7 arrow tight spot . I have created a habit of removing my quiver at all costs during the shot i can shoot effectively with it out to mid range but will always remove it if given the opportunity it’s always felt like a sail in crosswind too me. Regardless of accuracy imo the tightspot is the worst money I’ve ever spent it is well engineered however, the seven arrows is a joke imo unless you turn 2 around for blunts otherwise your fletchings are folding each other witch is a no go. Most importantly though it’s the noisiest f&?/@$! Thing I’ve ever heard on a bow, increases the decimal level significantly, is anyone in the same boat and if so what’s the alternative ?

26-Sep-22

SaddleReaper's Link
Someone had to say it! .... I like tightspot designs but man they are rattle traps.

Here's an option that may be of interest to you. A little simpler and lighter than the tightspot. 5 arrows. No adjustment wedges which might be a trade off in some ways, but the gripper is pretty universal for arrows from about .26-.30" O.D. It's riser mounted so it doesn't stick out a country mile - it'll come with an adapter for a hoyt riser btw.

26-Sep-22
Screw the Tight Spot rattling POS.

Get an Alpine Archery Softlok quiver. I’ve had mine for 20 years with ZERO issues

27-Sep-22
Yes, Tight Spott quivers are loud as heck. Doesn’t matter what you do to them, they cannot be adjusted or fixed to prevent the awful baby rattle at the shot.

27-Sep-22
I have one also and I'm not happy with the noise. Like you said, its more like a 5 arrow quiver.

27-Sep-22
I like the Treelimb quivers they remove quick and are small and compact.

27-Sep-22
Lol. My Tightspot is the quietest easiest to use quiver. Make sure you have the rubber piece in the hood….not the foam. Customize the length of the arrow holder by sliding it up or down on the carbon rods. Make sure you tighten the actual arrow holding gripper to fit your arrows tightly. Make sure you seat the quiver as far as possible on the dovetail…..AND most importantly…..use that little rubber grommet on the carbon rod to seat against another point of contact on your bow or rest so the quiver has zero shake.

No idea why your fletchings hit. Simply twist your arrows so they are spaced properly.

27-Sep-22
Blood, on the 7 arrow version it uses two of the same slots for arrows. You shove one in deeper then put the other one on top of it. That’s why they touch.

And yep, mine is noisy on my Carbon Matrix. Unfortunately Hoyt didn’t make an option for a 2 pc quiver for that bow.

27-Sep-22
I had a tight spot once for a few weeks. I hated it! Didn’t like my quiver sitting so far back and it really threw off my shot. Didn’t matter which way I moved it and it was loud. I got a lot of hate for saying that I didn’t like it and that was 10 years ago. I much prefer a two piece bow mounted quiver but you can’t take the quiver for the shot, which I have never done anyway. The Alpine soft lock is a very good removable quiver and I shot with one for a long time.

27-Sep-22
I own several of the older TS quivers when they were being built by Joe Jacks. They were terrific. A few years ago they were acquired by a conglomerate and you can guess what happened next...

27-Sep-22
Gotcha. My quiver is definitely older. Solid and silent. I mounted mine directly to the riser of a new Hoyt Ventum Pro 33….which some say couldn’t be done well with the regular dovetail mount. I love how you can pivot the quiver to accommodate balance.

For those of you that say it’s “loud or noisy”, can you elaborate? Does the quiver actually make noise or do your arrows or dare I say it - your expandables rattle? Good luck.

27-Sep-22
Idk what it is I shoot slick trick fixed blades, so not expandable have never shot it empty kinda defeats the purpose of a quiver

27-Sep-22
Maybe fletchings don’t hit on most others 7 arrow setups but I shoot a 4 fletch 2.25 TAC driver and theirs no way to stack arrow 6 and 7 without fletching issues

27-Sep-22
Love mine, but I’ve had it since before they were bought out. I have 5 arrow and no complaints. It’s good to get the heads up about this kind of stuff for when I need another though.

27-Sep-22
I love my tight spot. Best quiver I’ve ever had.

27-Sep-22
Gee....I'm still using my old Kwiki 3 arrow quiver.

27-Sep-22
I have a TS and have had no issues at all. I remove it to shoot but in and out it’s solid and quiet.

I had an Alpine Softlock for years but wasn’t crazy about the mounting bracket. Two big and bulky for me.

27-Sep-22
Thx for clarifying Pat. My TS from 8 or 9 years ago was quiet and bomb proof. Oh well. My Mathews factory one piece mimics the OG tight spot and I'm happy so far.

27-Sep-22
I don't have the 7 arrow TS however for the 5 arrow TS quiver, I put limbsaver material wedged in between the riser and the quiver in various spots. If wedged in pretty good it prevents a lot of the rattling and quiets the bow down at the shot a lot. I have since moved to the two piece TS quiver and do the same thing and I think its more quiet than the one piece.

27-Sep-22
I also have the 5 arrow quiver, and no problems with it. the hood foam went bad but as long as I keep foam in good shape all is good. It is an older model as well.

27-Sep-22
5 arrow TS, no complaints.

27-Sep-22
No foam in the new ones may be part of the problem

27-Sep-22
Mine has the rubber and no issues

27-Sep-22
My 5 arrow TS is about 10 years old now. It's quiet. There is no rattling or noise of any kind. I guess some bean counter has "improved" them. It's a shame when companies that make a quality product wreck them.

27-Sep-22
Recently ditched a TS and went back to a two-piece riser mount.

27-Sep-22
Question:

What made all of you buy a Tight Spot quiver in the first place? What was wrong with the quiver you had?

27-Sep-22
You can get them tight to the riser and they are light. It does make a difference. I know there are a few now with this option but they were one of the first. And I still had the option for a quick detach for treestand hunting. Personally I found it much more accurate when shooting with it on than others at the time. The customer service then was excellent also. The cam lever for the quick detach on my older version was wearing out and making noise when I would take it off, they had a new one to me in under a week. Don’t know what it’s like now, that’s been 3 years now??

27-Sep-22
cnelk,

New bow = new quiver

I’ve got two 5 arrow Tight Spots. One I bought in 2014 for a Hoyt Carbon Spyder the other when the RX1 was released which I think was 2016. Both are quiet and solidly built. I tried a 2 piece Hoyt quiver but I didn’t care for it, mostly because I had to remove arrows to adjust the rest and it didn’t have up/down, forward/backward adjustments. I never take my quiver off when shooting and always practice with 4 arrows, even in the wind and the wind blows a lot where I live. I rarely ever tree strand hunt but I do blind hunt some and it stays on then, too. I’ve actually seen guys take their quiver off when running and gunning for elk or spot and stalk hunting. To each his own I guess.

27-Sep-22
Wow, crazy. I've had a Tightspot forever and I swear by it. Thing has never made a peep.

27-Sep-22
Everyone has their reasons and preferences. Unlike Tilz I prefer the Hoyt 2 piece as it can be adjusted to be closer to the riser than TS (although I did cut the spacers shorter to do so). Also I never remove my quiver, I want all my arrows handy. Finally for me TS mounted a lot farther to the rear, requiring a long/heavy stabilizer to offset it, which I didn't want to do. Also I felt a 2-piece gripped arrows farther apart, thus more secure and less vibration.

Years ago when I tried a TS, the QUALITY was amazing, it just wasn't for me.

27-Sep-22
I will agree it’s not the most ideal situation spot and stalk hunting or running and gunning to take your quiver off my previous fuse was slick as hell for that however. I think I’m more affected by crosswind, not that any of you aren’t as well , but I shoot a really static surprise shot with a hinge release so aiming and a good hold is crucial for my execution . I can roll through it quicker if need be but nothing like a index finger puncher. I think at this point I am going to remove the thumb screw on my black gold dovetail and find a allen head set screw that will match that thread pitch, I can then roll with my old one and the bracket. I’m glad many of you swear by your tightspot quivers, but frankly I swear at mine, and have been disappointed since day one, for what they cost I expected far more.

27-Sep-22
I've had TS's on several bows. Never a problem.

27-Sep-22
I fixed the rattle with the added gripper.

27-Sep-22
Detachable quiver world is ruled by the alpine soft lok. Best and quietest on the market in my opinion. In the case you gotta shoot with it attached.

27-Sep-22
I got the tight spot years ago and still love it and what it can do for balance. That’s the main reason I got it, but there are added benefits. A one piece quiver, that fits close to your bow, with the added ability to pivot changed the game for me. Balance and super quiet. No vibration. No flex like a riser does with a two piece quiver. It just works very well for what it is designed to do.

27-Sep-22
^^^ not sure I understand what "no flex like a riser does" means.

28-Sep-22
HDE, a two piece quiver is attached to a riser at two points, usually at the farthest points away from each other on the riser. Some risers flex when a bow is drawn and shot, small, but still flexes. That two piece quiver moves. I alway had trouble with two piece quivers vibrating or arrows coming slightly loose. I don’t know….I really like the Tightspot for how it works. :)

28-Sep-22
CNELK- I bought a new quiver because my new bow ATA with my current arrow set-up made my fletchings stick down below my bottom cam which I hated out west. I bought a TS so I could adjust and move it up higher so I wouldn't get dirt and crap in the nock.

I've never had an issue with mine and it's quiet, but to each their own.

28-Sep-22
Blood - I know how two piece quivers attach. Have never had the issue with loose arrows and a flexing riser though.

28-Sep-22
Me neither. I’ve used both on compounds and while the alpine does great for a detachable quiver, I much prefer a good two piece. No issues at all across a half dozen bows. I was doing this back in the 90’s too. So, I’m either lucky or it’s because I don’t shoot rattle traps that shake everything loose. Like a Hoyt does. :^)

28-Sep-22
Giant POS. Wait until the gripper portion falls off and you lose 5 arrows and broadheads somewhere on an elk hunt. Good times.

28-Sep-22
10 year old TS 5 arrow going strong. So is the one I bought 4 years ago for the backup bow. Best quiver by far I've had, including the Alpine Softlok that stuck way out from the bow.

---As the attachment clamp wears, tighten it up so it is very snug....or if out of adjustment make sure it is firmly gripping the bracket.

---Adjust each arrow gripper to be very snug

---Ensure the little rubber snubber that slides up and down on the carbon tube is firmly against something...I use the Ripcord arrow rest frame. Very important.

---The old one is foam which works OK. The new quiver had the rubber in the hood that I cut out to match the broadhead blades. I shove the heads thru the rubber but not far enough to contact the top of the quiver hood or else they are noisy.

28-Sep-22
I run a 7 arrow TS. But I take it off and put it on my hip before I shoot.

28-Sep-22

c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
Bias alert !!!!

I molded every single 5 arrow quiver hood, gripper and gripper wedge since the very first day they were in production by Jack and the dudes at Tightspot some 15 or so years ago.

Never had a thing to do with the 3 or 7 arrow quivers, but this whole story just doesn't jive with a decade and a half of a great product that so many of us folks have really loved. There's just no way this can be true of even a few of them given my history with the company.

Not so say people don't have a different story than me, but as one who's been around it all since the very beginning, I'm calling &*!!$hit

In any case this is my Tightspot I still use to this day on a deer hunt this year !!!

Pretty sure it was from one of the very first batches way back in the day and it's still solid as a rock and as quiet as any quiver I ever used before it.

Cheers to Jack on one amazing design and wish we all could still be doing it proud.

Cheers, Pete

28-Sep-22

c3's embedded Photo
c3's embedded Photo
oops, wrong pic

LOL !!!!

28-Sep-22
Looks like scent control would be a problem, from the looks of the quiver in your first pic, Pete! ;-)

28-Sep-22
well, facts do count t-roy, unfortunately that wasn't the right pic to start with on this topic !!!

29-Sep-22
Not calling you a liar but I can only voice on the one I own, in fact since so many love them I’ll turn this into a classifieds.. For sale 7 arrow tight spot quiver light use right handed sub alpine pattern..

29-Sep-22
Never an issue with the TS, maybe some rusty screws from hunting use. I lost a few arrows out of an Alpine one night when the rain turned to snow and I had a few miles to go to get back to camp.

29-Sep-22
I’ve owned two. One of the older versions and one of the newer ones (since they were bought out). Both are the same, baby rattle no matter what is done to it. First one I had in a Mathews, the next on Prime. Makes no difference.

30-Sep-22
Facts for sure count. But, anyone who eats chili with beans on their hotdog, gets no credit for them. lol

It’s against the law to do that.

30-Sep-22
Why don’t you go with a hip quiver?

30-Sep-22
I have a 5 arrow TS on one bow. I think it's fairly quite for a one piece quiver.

30-Sep-22

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo
Here’s what I use. I’ve had it since 1984. The company that made these are no longer in business. Any good leather person could probably make one easily.

30-Sep-22
I call bull shite on calling bull shite on others personal experience’s and their preference of quivers. I hate the tight spot quiver for me and my preferences. It is a well made quiver no doubt, but, it didn’t work for me no matter which way I moved or adjusted it. Made everything seem so unbalanced to me.

• Sitka Gear