Boreal 30-Sep-22
Supernaut 30-Sep-22
Will 30-Sep-22
KHNC 30-Sep-22
Paul@thefort 30-Sep-22
28-Sep-22

KHNC's embedded Photo
KHNC's embedded Photo
First whitetail in SC for the season at my farm. "Blew the lungs right out of her body!"

28-Sep-22
Perfect shot, nice going, Buddy!

Can't wait to join you, less than a month away!

28-Sep-22
Congrats!

28-Sep-22
Congrats ! Good eating !

28-Sep-22
9mm?

28-Sep-22

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo

28-Sep-22
Nice shot and a great doe, congrats!

I killed a nice doe on my opener on the 17th. My 125 grain 2 blade Magnus broadhead out of my Bear Grizzly recurve didn't leave a hole like that but my results were the same LOL.

What type of broadhead were you using if you don't mind me asking? Pretty impressive damage.

28-Sep-22
I was thinking the same thing Supernaut

28-Sep-22
9mm?

28-Sep-22
I’m gonna like this thread! Congrats

28-Sep-22
lol, thanks to all. I was using a SIK 100Gr head. It is a 2 blade fixed with 2 small bleeder blades. That was the entrance hole at 20 yds. Exit was quartering away on the opposite shoulder. Easy pass thru and buried in 8 inches of dirt approximately. I could see blood on the vanes from the stand with binos. She was dead in sight of the arrow when i picked it up.

29-Sep-22
I've got no bucks so far that are worth chasing and have had no time. But went out to kill a doe and get back in the groove as well.

29-Sep-22
Good job Kenny. Good shot Adam..meat in the freezer.

I'm a trophy hunter myself...until something else comes along..lol

29-Sep-22
Almost hit her in the right spot, Adam!

29-Sep-22
Close your eyes and hope for the best!

In all honestly I hit her right where I wanted to, and she only went 60 yards. Anyone looking at that would usually say "perfect", but it wasn't. There was a good blood trail, but it was a good reminder about quartering to shots. The arrow exited through guts. I got lungs, she went down quick, but a better shot would have been a little further forward. One inch further back would have been a much worse outcome. She was only 9 yards out so it was nice and close. All that played into the decision, but you're always playing with fire on quartering to shots. She was feeding on clover and acorns perfectly upwind. I'm a "take the first shot you can get" type of guy but in reality there was no reason for me not to wait for a better shot angle.

It was a doe hunt, so I got super stoked when I seen a doe. Which made the whole thing very fun. Good practise and a great opportunity again to learn without dire consequences. Another reason I always recommend filling tags. There is always something to learn. I hate it when I see new bowhunters holding out for a giant and shooting very few animals. There is just so much to learn. We never stop.

29-Sep-22
My doe hunt will start next Wednesday, just before my ML Buck hunt the following Saturday.

Looking forward to it

29-Sep-22

Guardian hunter's embedded Photo
Guardian hunter's embedded Photo
Every season I mess up the first couple days. Usually it's moving when I shouldn't or not worrying about the wind. That being said, tonight I got it right.

30-Sep-22
Nice job! Thats a fat one!

30-Sep-22

Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo

30-Sep-22

Supernaut's embedded Photo
Supernaut's embedded Photo
Great does above all!

Here's mine from the 17th.

30-Sep-22

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Fun, a delicious does thread! This was from Sept 19, nice chubby CT Doe.

30-Sep-22
I hope to add another one tomorrow. :)

30-Sep-22

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
a good eater from last year in Nebraska
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
a good eater from last year in Nebraska

• Sitka Gear