Missouribreaks 24-Mar-23
DonVathome 24-Mar-23
JTreeman 24-Mar-23
25-Oct-22

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
I rented a truck for Kansas a couple weeks ago from Avis 10/29-11/12… I just got an email from Avis about 35% off so thought I’d check to see if it was less.. Everything is exactly the same..

Unreal…

25-Oct-22
Just rent a car. Me and my buddy crammed 2 does, a decoy, all our gear in an Oldsmobile Aurora one time. I elk hunted my first year in Colorado out of a Ford Taurus back in 99'.

25-Oct-22

cnelk's Link
Try using Turo. You can rent from private individuals - see link

25-Oct-22
If you have a Costco membership go through them. You can usually get a pretty decent price break and you get a 2nd driver free.

25-Oct-22
Thanks

25-Oct-22
Dbl post

25-Oct-22
Just checked Costco A compact is 725 so after taxes and all I’m sure it would roughly the same as the pick up I got

25-Oct-22
Back when the virus was running wild....the rental car agencies dumped their inventory to circle the financial wagons. Rentals that were remaining were booked way out and the prices was horrible. We had airline reservations before rental cars prices blew up and got stuck paying way more than normal.

26-Oct-22
It might be cheaper to have your own truck shipped there and back.

26-Oct-22
Why two quotes? $888 and $2838?

Two week rental, under $70 a day is good, $200 a day, not good.

26-Oct-22
Dana I paid /reserved the truck for 888 a few weeks ago… To see if the price went down last night I checked the website again.

Over 2 gs it went up

26-Oct-22
Can you swing a couple extra days off and drive your own rig? That's crazy!

26-Oct-22
A mere 17 hours to drive. Save flight and rental and have all your gear.

26-Oct-22
My wife is on her way to Michigan, she wanted to fly and rent a car. Way too expensive, so she is taking a nice, easy road trip and having a great time.

26-Oct-22
On a spring turkey hunt in the Black Hills this past April my flight home was delayed due to weather and I had to spend 4 days in a motel in Rapid City, SD waiting for the first available flight home. I tried to rent a car to drive home to Alabama but they wanted $3000 for a one day, one way rental. I plan to avoid the airlines and rental car agencies in the future by driving the entire way if at all possible.

26-Oct-22
I'm with Charlie, a 17 hour road trip is nothing. We stopped flying anywhere almost a decade ago. Our 30-hour road trips to Florida have become something we actually look forward to. We love seeing new country, and being able to travel with our 2 mutts. If I never set foot in an airport or a plane again, I'll be fine with that.

Matt

26-Oct-22
I drive everywhere now…..haven’t flown in a while. Road trip and all our gear make it nice.

26-Oct-22
Thanks guys ,physically I couldn’t do a 17 hour drive

26-Oct-22
What’s worse, if you try to rent a truck there is no guarantee you will get a truck when you get there. We rented a 4x4 pickup for our CO elk hunt this year so we could use a second vehicle to hunt down and drive back up. We called Enterprise twice the week we were going to pickup the rental truck and they confirmed they had a 4x4 for us. We get there and get the “I’m sorry but we don’t have a truck for you.” Totally changed our hunt plans and strategy. Never again.

26-Oct-22
Turo X2

I was really surprised, at how low their prices were. They also brought the car to the airport, for a couple of my Buddies, and met them again, when they flew out.

26-Oct-22
"Dana I paid /reserved the truck for 888 a few weeks ago… To see if the price went down last night I checked the website again.

Over 2 gs it went up "

I'd contact the Attorney General of that state and ask if that was legal. Sounds like pure bait-and-switch to me.

26-Oct-22
If I understand Shug's post correctly, he locked in at the lower rate a week ago, and he was just checking to see if the rate had come down. At least I hope that's the case.

Matt

26-Oct-22
Correct Matt

26-Oct-22
Correct Matt

26-Oct-22
So you're paying about $70/day? Isn't that decent? Or are we just talking about the absurd price afterwards?

26-Oct-22

Keith's Link
KSflatlander: Your story reminds me of the Seinfeld episode.

26-Oct-22
Turo

26-Oct-22
Yes Apauls… I’m ok with the $800+ Just amazed at the difference… That is all sorry guys if I didn’t make it clear

26-Oct-22
Keith- that’s it but I had on a camo hat and used more colorful words. However, I told the attendant that I was not frustrated with them but rather the company. That poor girl…everyone in the Enterprise location was not happy. The 3 people in front of us didn’t get their car either. No wonder their employee turnover is so high,

26-Oct-22
Got a runaround from Ent. recently. Lady on the phone confirmed a reservation, an hour later someone else calls and says sorry, no car available. Called another branch and got one. Ten miles further away, but ok.

26-Oct-22
Once again the Chinese flu is getting the confusion they wanted without firing a shot.

26-Oct-22
If you dont need 4 wheel drive, check Uhaul. You can rent a pickup, or van for 355 a week and comes with 750 miles. The pickups have a hitch to tow, the full size vans do not. You can also get a month rate with 3000 miles if needed.

26-Oct-22
Shug, that's probably your reserved truck that's available for $2800. If someone shells it out then they won't mind telling you "Sorry, we don't have a truck available for you."

26-Oct-22
Yes, rental is expensive... but wait until you want to buy a new one, the one you really want..... IF you can find one.... I know guys that sold 2020 trucks with 30,000 on them for thousands more than they paid for them new. It's crazy out there.

23-Mar-23
I agree, a few audible books and your there

23-Mar-23
Supposed to receive my new Chevy 2500 this Saturday: 3/25/23

Ordered it 3/30/22. Was supposed to be a ‘22. But is now a ‘23 including the higher price. ??

23-Mar-23

23-Mar-23
Interesting about U-haul. I checked on renting a truck in Montrose Colorado and it was $30/day including supplemental insurance. I guess they are 2 wheel drive trucks though…. But beats a car

23-Mar-23
The irony is you only use the vehicle for 3-4 days out of a 3 week trip. Somebody oughta start a 4wheel drive you to the trailhead service. A lot of people would pay good coin for transpo on that last off-pavement leg, and there sure are a lot of good 4wd trucks that appear to be underused.

24-Mar-23
Williamtell only problem with that is most of those bubbajays in their jackedup bubba trucks would never even consider driving on an unpaved road or evan how to put it in four wheel drive for that matter.

24-Mar-23
I’ve rented quite a few cars in my time for work and never once did I see a Tacoma in the lot.

24-Mar-23
This is simply the " inflation tax " that was promised.

24-Mar-23
I have found hunters on Turo renting good hunting rigs. It was a LOT better then regular rentals we grew up with. If you are in NW WY I rented twice, 2 different vehicles, from a guy and was VERY happy. He even threw in a sleeping bag and cooler and I shipped him some gear,

24-Mar-23

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
Spike78, here is a Tacoma rental from Utah last fall…

—jim

• Sitka Gear