Bowbender 01-Dec-22
2Wild Bill 01-Dec-22
Jaquomo 01-Dec-22
fuzzy 02-Dec-22
10-Nov-22

DL's Link
Yahoo, Sunday!!

10-Nov-22
Should I give it more of a chance? I watched one episode and it felt nothing like the west I know.... seemed like a cheesy soap And Costner on set wearing his go Liz Cheney t-shirt was a turn off too

11-Nov-22
Haven't watched the show but there are a lot of clips on youtube. Some funny, some brutal. Just plain don't like many of the characters as people. (John Dutton should definitely kill two of his three children...)

11-Nov-22
I did get a chuckle out of how, whenever Beth says something twisted, Rip is like "I don't know what that means." Can hear ten million guys going, "Yup, unhunh."

11-Nov-22
My guess is Dutton gives all or most of the ranch back to the Native Americans his great grandpa took it from. His kids are all black cloud, disaster's that whine about the ranch. He is John Dunbar, before he was Dutton after all. And it’s the woke thing to do.

11-Nov-22
My guess is... the show is going to become more woke. We have Piper Perabo (Summer, John's new F buddy) who endorsed Liarwatha in 2020, was arrested at a SCJ Bret Kavanaughs Senate hearings, also arrested at Hanoi Jane's climate chnage protest, Ryan Bingham, (Walker) who just played at Beto O'Rourke rally...

My greatest hope however is that Monica gets offed. Like Kim Bauer from 24, she should have met her timely demise in Season 1, Episode 1, before the first commercial break. But didn't. And then had to listen to her whining bravo sierra for the rest of the series.

11-Nov-22
I've never seen it but Costner is solid. His performance as Devil Anse in the Hatfield's and McCoys was simply outstanding.

11-Nov-22
"My guess is Dutton gives all or most of the ranch back to the Native Americans his great grandpa took it from."

No. That's not what happened. 1883 explains it toward the end...

11-Nov-22
Adventure, it is far from a good show but it is entertaining. You just have to turn your brain off and enjoy

11-Nov-22
Not sure I would want to see Monica off'd, but she is a definite downer. Would like to see her just "go away."

11-Nov-22
Yes, Jim. She should go away. To the train station.... lol

Just. Can't. Stand. Her.

11-Nov-22
Well Duttons son and Monica’s husbands Indian name should be Chief Black cloud. Sad sack.

John should give the land to the tribe and tell his whining, annoying, spoiled brats to beat it.

11-Nov-22
I anxiously await the start of the new season.

12-Nov-22
But Scoot, there's a body count and the train station. Beats young and the restless any day of the week. lol.

12-Nov-22
I believe Taylor Sheridan is developing several spin-offs of the show. Maybe focusing on other characters.

12-Nov-22
Seen every episode at least twice. So many neat characters but Beth and Rip own the show.

12-Nov-22
Dutton should give the land to the Apache Indian Tribe , the series would never end .

12-Nov-22
The entire show is bereft of any characters with any redeeming qualities, except for maybe Jimmy and Lloyd, and Casey to a lesser extent. My wife (along with a lot of women I know) love Beth’s character. I despise her. I look forward to the day when she receives her just desserts. (along with a laundry list of others)

I know it’s just a show, but still…

12-Nov-22
I kind'a like Teeter ;-)

(Although I suspect "Little Joe Cartwright" would be appalled by his daughter's choices.)

13-Nov-22
Great premier!

14-Nov-22
Troy, I've been known to get just desserts, but that's also why I'm a little porky! Ha!

14-Nov-22
No need to overthink it or politicize it. Take it for what it is - good entertainment. I thoroughly enjoyed the episodes last night and like where this is going. Especially comparing Dutton's governor character to this mess we have here in Colorado..

14-Nov-22
Damn spellcheck;-)

I’m hoping Beth gets more than just a pie to the face….

14-Nov-22
That land developer CEO is gonna get a ride to the train station.

14-Nov-22
I have a feeling it’s going to get good. But it’s starting a little slow. IMHO

15-Nov-22
Well, I checked and it's the only show this week that had thermal scoped, suppressed ARs solving a wolf issue. Beats a lot of other crap that was on.

Admittedly, I didn't check Young and the Restless so if they were also taking wolves to the train station, my bad.

15-Nov-22
It's so fake. Like they could actually have an election and winner is known the next day. Pfffft...

15-Nov-22
midwest for the win!!

15-Nov-22
Funniest thing to me is the fact that Buffalo Trace felt the need to advertise their products on the first couple episodes. Anyone actually able to FIND any of their products reliably? LMAO!

15-Nov-22
Even more fake than that Midwest. John knew he won that night.

15-Nov-22
I like it, a lot. Those of you who are analyzing it, stop being such a women. Like anything is real on TV, (except fox news).

15-Nov-22
They could have actually come to the south and got a redneck cowgirl instead of trying to invent one!! There are a few that dip, cuss and actually have a real, southern accent. Teeter's is ridiculous;)

15-Nov-22
No shortage of buffalo trace at the liquor stores around here

15-Nov-22
The media is already jumping on show for being political (Republican). That is a hoot.

Love the show for what it is. Great characterization.

15-Nov-22
Quality television in my opinion. I don’t watch much of it but I do keep up on Yellowstone. I don’t have cable so haven’t seen the new episodes yet. I just do the internet and have a few streaming platforms. I guess it’s exclusively on Paramount network. Can’t even see it on Paramount+ ?

15-Nov-22
The difference is, Teeter is an accomplished actress and Michael Landon's daughter. If they'd done a casting call for a redneck girl who dips snuff and curses in the trailer parks in Alabama, well, that's who they would have gotten..

17-Nov-22
It’s TV Drama not a Documentary. Troubles a brewin since one on the collars is caught up in a log jam still wrapped around the wood. Shoulda trapped a coyote a put it on it or better yet an eagle. I always thought putting one on a semi headed out of state.

17-Nov-22
The hunters had tags and it's legal to hunt wolves at night over bait on private property in Montana. There are no restrictions regarding killing collared wolves, other than the collars have to be returned to the FWP.

Yeah, I know it's made for TV drama, but my wife actually thought the wolf hunters had illegally killed the collared wolves. In reality, they only broke the law when they tried to discard the collars.

Matt

17-Nov-22
Thanks Jaq.......that was my point because that's what they are trying to make Landon's daughter look like and it ain't working. Oh, and they probably shouldn't go as far as Alabama.......an Arkansas hillbilly would have been fine;)

17-Nov-22
We have Paramount+ but I couldn’t find it on there. Is there a difference between Paramount and Paramount+?

17-Nov-22
Rut Nut, yes they are two different channels.

Did they have tags for the wolves or not. When the one guy (Colbie I think) said we have tags so we're legal the other guy sort of looked away and didn't answer then Colbie said oh shit. So maybe they did not actually get the tags, I'm not sure why they would be so freaked out if they actually had wolf tags. Either way an entertaining couple hours with a good drink (or 3) in front of the fireplace!

17-Nov-22
They gave the viewer the sense that Ryan never obtained tags. The fact that Ryan didn't think the wolves killed the cow was likely foreshadowing there's more to the plot line.

18-Nov-22
THe supposed wolves were actually misidentified huskies is my guess.

18-Nov-22

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo
The only time I’ve ever seen that ranch is when I hunted on it. The Bitterroot River runs through it and I’d hunt the flood plains. The buck in the middle came from there. Everyone I know tells me I need to watch that show and that I’d love it but I just don’t watch much tv at all. I did watch the first episode of this season. It was cool too see the ranch and to be very familiar with it and the surrounding hills. They make it look so big when it’s actually pretty small.

30-Nov-22
I just finished the first season on DVD while sitting in my camper at night after hunting.

I'm trying to like it but I'm struggling with it. I don't know if any of you have watched Sons of Anarchy but I'm guessing not many, maybe Mule Power. Anyway, both series have some of the same writers/creators and the story lines and characters in both SOA and Yellowstone are extremely similar.

I feel like the creators of Yellowstone just took the Sons of Anarchy script and put it in a different setting. It feels like the same story I've already watched. They've copied all the same issues with loyalty, competing interests, politicians/law enforcement on the take, proposed real estate developments, out of state millionaires moving in, strained marriages over child endangerment issues and bad behavior by the number one son (Jax on SOA & Kayce on Yellowstone) . The issues that Kayce and Monica are dealing with are almost identical to what Jax and Tara dealt with on Sons of Anarchy.

The characters and stories are so similar and predictable that I feel like I'm watching the same story and nothing that happens is surprising.

30-Nov-22
I havent watched SOA, but do they have a Beth?

30-Nov-22
They have Gemma, Jax mom, Katy Sagal.

30-Nov-22
I’ve watched first two episodes this year and I just don’t know what to think yet. Gonna try and catch up tonight

30-Nov-22
Yes, redneck nailed it. Beth is Gemma. John is Clay. Rip is Tig, the Indian Chief is Marcus from the Mayans, Jimmy is Juice, Dan Jenkins is Ethan Zobelle, etc, etc...

30-Nov-22
All Taylor Sheridan's stuff seems to be the same thing in a different place. But he seems to be making money hand over fist so he's cranking it out!

30-Nov-22
Tulsa King is a departure from his formulaic work, and so far has promise.

30-Nov-22
So this is where all those "NO MORE POLITICS" guys find room for their interests on BOWSITE? What a load of .........you know what.

30-Nov-22
So this is where all those "NO MORE POLITICS" guys find room for their interests on BOWSITE? What a load of .........you know what.

We’re sorry you took time out of your busy day to give us your opinion on something you don’t care about.

30-Nov-22
I liked Stallone in Tulsa King. I bet he can still pull a heavy poundage bow. (There you go Wild Bill)

30-Nov-22
There is more hunting in Yellowstone than in all of those useless garbage political threads combined.

See ya 2wild bill.

30-Nov-22
Is Beth’s rack on the downhill slide?

Matt

30-Nov-22
Is Beth’s rack on the downhill slide?

She’s had some work done in the off season.

30-Nov-22
"useless garbage political threads combined"

YYYYeahhh, said the people occupied with useless brain numbing fictional TV drama.

30-Nov-22
Either Beth is going to kill Jamie or Jamie going to kill Beth before this thing is over...

30-Nov-22
I enjoy watching Tulsa King. Something new and different

01-Dec-22
"She’s had some work done in the off season." Appears that way :)

"Either Beth is going to kill Jamie or Jamie going to kill Beth before this thing is over..." Agreed

"YYYYeahhh, said the people occupied with useless brain numbing fictional TV drama." Bill you're 2 wild. You're probably a joy in person though?

01-Dec-22
Quinn,

"Although I can see them as being valuable for clicks and hope you can find a way to put all that back in a Community Forum type format and still get the advertisers."

Aye, probably can see you a fair dude too.

Have you ever heard of the Convention of States?

https://conventionofstates.com/

01-Dec-22
YYYYeahhh, said the people occupied with useless brain numbing fictional political drama...on what was formerly, and now again, a HUNTING forum.

"Convention of states" - yes, that happened when 48 states got together and decided to honor the other states' penalties imposed for game and fish violations.

01-Dec-22
Jaquomo,

That wasn't an Article V issue, but I guess you wouldn't understand. Maybe you could reduce some TV time and learn something useful to America.

01-Dec-22

Watching Dawn's embedded Photo
Watching Dawn's embedded Photo
I find this thread entertaining y’all….. As I sit in an abandoned porta potty over field watching for deer ??

01-Dec-22
Crystal, what are you using for a cover scent??? Good luck, I hope a big one comes by!

01-Dec-22
Greg Simon, Ha, ha :o)

01-Dec-22
Greg Simon, Ha, ha :o)

01-Dec-22
“ Have you ever heard of the Convention of States?”

Hadn’t until you mentioned it. What does this have to do with Bowsite?

01-Dec-22
Quinn,

Hadn’t until you mentioned it. What does this have to do with Bowsite?

If you consider the trend in this country, hunting is on the chopping block. People that hunt have weapons.

Article V section 2(a convention of states) was the founding fathers first and original answer to an overreach of Federal powers. Some gun owners think the second amendment protects them from government, but that is wrong. Personally I would rather work on the Constitutional and peaceful non-violent way to change the Federal government. 34 states are needed to call a convention and over half the states needed have already signed on to the plan. I wouldn't want another civil war, but we are already in a non-civil cultural war that threatens a future for hunting.

Article V Convention of States is the biggest plan to rectify the biggest problem in this country and you, and many others have never heard of it. You might say my post is. Hey guys! Heads up!

https://conventionofstates.com/

01-Dec-22
Holy crap GTFO of the Yellowstone thread

01-Dec-22
I just saw that Tulsa King was renewed for a second season

01-Dec-22
The Convention of States is headed by a talking head that loves to see himself on the networks. The rest are career politicians. You know, the ones responsible for where we are.

01-Dec-22
Bowbender,

What's your plan, elect more hoodie people?

01-Dec-22
2wildbill, sorry you missed the sarcasm in my post about the "convention of states". I've been preoccupied with actually hunting - big muleys on the plains - and not on top of my internet game.

I've made it 68 years without contributing anything meaningful to society, and not about to start now.

Carry on.

02-Dec-22
Never watched it but this talk of "Beth" intrigues me.

• Sitka Gear