Glunt@work 18-Nov-22
fuzzy 19-Nov-22
Rut Nut 21-Nov-22
17-Nov-22
Who has their CCW permit? I’ve had mine for many years

17-Nov-22
Don't need one in Texas.

17-Nov-22
Same here Brad. I don’t need it in Wyoming but it allows me to conceal carry in many other states as well.

17-Nov-22
Not needed in Oklahoma.

17-Nov-22
For those that don’t need one in their home state, do you conceal carry when you leave your state?

17-Nov-22
I do. To both questions.

17-Nov-22
For a couple of years we've had open carry with a free permit. I have not seen anyone carrying openly.

17-Nov-22
Got it when I was 19 years old in Missouri in order to legally carry out west, carried everywhere since I was 18 in MO (MO has weird carry laws, can carry at 18 but can’t get CCW until 19)

17-Nov-22
Stixx did you lie on applications about doing magic mushrooms? I know that is what Hunter Biden did.

17-Nov-22
I do. Went and shelled out for a lifetime license in Louisiana.

17-Nov-22
My wife and i just got them here in Maryland. I'm sure the new governor will stop these from being issued.

17-Nov-22
Shouldn't be necessary but I have one. In WY it allows you to skip the background check every time you buy a gun. Makes too much sense for CO to adopt that.

17-Nov-22
In Colorado, you can’t have a CC and grow personal use marijuana legally. That wasn’t an issue for me.

17-Nov-22
My son is in process of getting his, took class just needs to get permit now. Keep thinking I’ll do it but something keeps coming up, and really don’t think I should have to get one to carry concealed….but it’s a liberal Cali Colorado now….it will only get worse!

17-Nov-22
Yup. Also think it’s a joke and shouldn’t need one. My state is accepted by none so I’m taking my Utah class in January to be accepted by like 23 states I believe

17-Nov-22
Millie and I both have CCW and carry when we travel in state as well as out of state (where ever the TN CCW is recognized). We keep a lockable handgun safe anchored to the floor of my truck and her SUV if we have to drive in IL.

17-Nov-22
I do. Its been about 10 years or so. When iowa went from a "may issue" state to "shall issue".

The local sheriff didnt issue permits prior to that. Now he has to have a valid reason to deny.

17-Nov-22
I have a permit but rarely conceal carry. I carried every day for a year during the BLM ordeal. I'm in low rent- government subsidized housing areas in the early am with my trash removal job.

I have mixed feelings about cc. Some folks say they feel naked or vulnerable without a Cary gun. Myself personally the responsibility that comes along with cc and the possibility of killing someone weighs more on my conscience that the security I feel. Not saying I don't carry cause I do at times but it's not an everyday part of my life.

17-Nov-22
I've had mine since the day I was 21, legal age here in PA.

My wife has hers as well and could probably out shoot most men with a pistol, including me.

17-Nov-22
Now that I have to basically get the same permit to buy dove loads as to carry, I’d say I’m getting closer all the time.

Makes me wonder how many people choose to carry because they were required to get a permit?

17-Nov-22
I have one in NV but I’ve never carried. I don’t practice enough to feel confident with a handgun since I’m not real familiar with my S&W. That said I’m a pretty good shot in a controlled environment which probably came from the 1,000s of rounds I put through a rifle before I got into bows. Because of that and my lack of desire to practice, I’ve been considering a tactical shotgun for home defense and for the RV when we travel but haven’t pulled the trigger on that. I’m very familiar with shotguns and like shooting sporting clays with those as much as bows at 3D shoots.

IMO, if every eligible citizen (aka those who could pass the background check) went through the CCW training we’d be much better off.

17-Nov-22
Don't need one in KS but keep mine updated for other states. Should be reciprocal every where. Any time am asked for photo id that is what comes out including airports and voting places.

17-Nov-22
Wife and I got ours in 2009 before AZ was an open carry state. Sure speeds things up at the gun counter when making a purchase.

17-Nov-22
It shouldn't be necessary but we can CC with a permit.

17-Nov-22
TGbow, won’t be necessary for us in Alabama starting 2023. Thank you Gov Ivey.

17-Nov-22
Joey, that's the way it should be..not that I mind paying for a permit, it's just the fact that the 2A already addresses the issue.

17-Nov-22
Have a lifetime one.

17-Nov-22
TGbow, just where/how do you think that money was going and for what?

I mind. A LOT.

17-Nov-22
Had a permit from the day it was required in Texas

One question. If you don't have a permit and want to buy a firearm , do they have to call in or is it an instant deal like when you have a permit. Maybe the Texas guys can answer. I buy to many guns to have delays with the process

17-Nov-22
Joey, I meant the amount it cost for the permit. I agree. We have way too much money sifted n redistributed and on n on it goes.

17-Nov-22
RK, when you have the CCW, no need for call in.

17-Nov-22
Yup, I have a Utah and Florida permits. Covers 40+ states.

17-Nov-22
I've had mine for years. Not required in Oh. anymore but when I travel I can carry in the reciprocal states. I put it on like under ware in the morning.

I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6 ;-o

17-Nov-22
Chuck stet I know that. I have the permit and buy probably 4-9 Guns a month

What I did not know with the new laws was with the constitutional right to carry, does that also let you buy without calling in?

17-Nov-22
I have one in Minnesota. Went to shall issue years back. Media melted down like we would turn into the Wild West. My dad has an FFL owns a gun shop with distinguished military service. The local police chief would not issue him a permit. Had to get it from the local sheriff. Similar events all over the state are what drove the lawsuits that changed us to a shall issue state.

17-Nov-22
Constitutional Carry in Iowa

18-Nov-22
Stix, that is what I learned also. During several of those deep background checks. Lying is an immediate removal from the program.

If you tell them of a minor offense before they find it. It may be cleared. So when they visit your high school friends and teachers if you already told them you ate mushrooms once. You might pass the screening. If you lie and friends tell them you ate mushrooms. You most likely wouldn’t get into that next Level.

18-Nov-22
I'm a little fuzzy on drug laws since it's been 40+ years since I violated any, but I don't remember if psilocybins were actually 'illegal'. Never did anything stronger than weed anyway. Nowadays I know people who give that stuff away, they grow so much...

18-Nov-22
Rob, you have to go through NICS if you don’t have a carry license. That, and being legal while traveling is enough for me to keep mine. It doesn’t cost that much, especially for a senior, and it’s easy to renew. I carry always.

18-Nov-22
It's pathetic that any government can tell an individual what they can put in their own body. I hate drugs, even prescription drugs, but our laws are over reach. Alcohol is legal but it has probably done way more damage to society than weed.

18-Nov-22
Fir you guys carrying had it ever been beneficial or do you just feel better doing it.

18-Nov-22
I agree with btnbuck, I’d rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6. Especially some of the places around town I have to go…

18-Nov-22
Grant, I carry when I can because I want the ability to at least have the opportunity to protect myself. I pray I never have to use it but I would rather have the option.

Carrying doesn't guarantee it positive outcome but I believe individuals should have the right to protect themselves.

The founders drafted the 2A for the main purpose of protection of the citizens from a potentially tyrannical government..the 2A doesn't give is the right, the founders were simply acknowledged our God given or rights by Natural Law...something DC has totally forgotten, or simply don't care.

Only time I open carry is when I'm hunting..lots of hogs where I hunt, big ones too

18-Nov-22
I usually only carry when I'm traveling.

One of those things I feel better having and pray to never have to use. Just like a fire extinguisher.

18-Nov-22
Ive had mine in WI since the republican governor(Scott Walker) and legislature finally made it legal. Most in the state wanted it for years and tried , but of course the demonrats always vetoed it. More proof that for a lot of things, party DOES matter. The media and the libs were crying it would be the wild wild west, but of course not one single case of unjustified killing has happened with a ccw permit holder. Just murder everyday from criminals in the inner city of Milwaukee.

18-Nov-22
Insurance policies protect you from unforeseen damages - and we all have insurance policies.

My CCW is my insurance policy

18-Nov-22
As a retired LEO mine is covered under federal law.

18-Nov-22
Not anymore.

18-Nov-22
I have one (for two different pistols), and I've never been a LEO, and I live in California. I must be special :P

18-Nov-22
I got a Missouri CCW when it became a thing. Then Missouri went to Constitutional carry, and I let my CCW lapse.

I rarely carry. Just a hassle really.

Every now and then I'll be threatened by somebody, and I'll put the truck gun in my waist band when leaving truck to go to office, etc. But then I lapse pretty quickly into not worrying about it :)

In 14 years of law practice I've received two pretty credible threats against me. And one that was bad threats, but not credible (person was off meds and was having a psychotic break and later apologized). I don't know. I don't really worry about it. Naive I guess.

18-Nov-22
I got my Missouri CCW when they became available. I carry a lot of times. I keep my permit up to date for traveling to other states.

18-Nov-22
I carry concealed these days with rampant crime everywhere, even in red states. It's a shame, but now you can be hurt or killed while innocently pumping gas. I've gotten in the habit of watching....and sizing up....other people near me in public.

18-Nov-22
Wildi: you have to get one for every gun? What a piece of trash, called registration, a step toward confiscation.

18-Nov-22
Read cnelk's last post. That's a clear, rational reason to carry and why we do.

18-Nov-22
If you don't have a permit in Texas it does require a standard back ground check.

18-Nov-22
I don't worry about getting a flat tire or fear it will happen. But when it does, not much else is as handy as a jack and a spare. So, I carry both in my truck.

I've only been in one serious situation where the option of a sidearm would have been great. I didn't have one. I don't always carry but when in a situation where you need a gun, not much else fills in very well.

19-Nov-22
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 8". I'm fat ;)

21-Nov-22
I just renewed mine a couple weeks ago. Think it’s the 3rd time I have renewed and it’s good for 5 years, so 20 years. I’m usually carrying whenever and wherever legal.

• Sitka Gear