LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
Browning in the cast iron.
Yum!
Yum!
Didn’t want to hijack Fuzzys canning thread. Giving this a try today. Used a couple Elk round steaks I already had thawed out and threw in a pkg of beef shank for some fat and marrow. Thanks for the recipe guys. Can’t wait for 7:00pm :-)

21-Nov-22
The neck works really well for this.

Let us know how it turns out!

21-Nov-22
Will do Nick. My wife knew about this recipe already. She grew up in Louisiana and apparently is popular throughout the south. Said her grandmother used to serve as sandwich with a crusty bread and provolone cheese. Going to serve this one over rice.

21-Nov-22
I’ve used deer and elk neck roasts as well as the hocks. Turns out great! Bet those round steaks will be great as well!

21-Nov-22
We love this recipe!

21-Nov-22

This is heavenly!
This is heavenly!
Plated over rice
Plated over rice
Wow! This turned out awesome. Definitely a keeper in my book. Wife and kids loved it too. Rich flavor from the butter and the juice from the peppers gives a vinegary tang. So good!

22-Nov-22
Ahh mud roast I have a Rio grande mud roast version using taco seasoning instead of ranch and jalapenos instead of pepperocinis

22-Nov-22
How do y’all think bear roast would be Lewis

22-Nov-22
Mississippi Pot Roast

Ingredients * 3-4 lbs roast * 1 tsp fine sea salt, or to taste * ½ tsp ground black pepper, or to taste * 1/4 C broth, low sodium * 2 Tbs olive oil * 1 packet buttermilk ranch dressing mix, (1 oz or 3 Tbsp) * 4 Tbs unsalted butter * 4oz bear lard * 6 - 12 pepperoncini peppers and 1/2 juice. * 1 packet au jus mix , or substitute with brown gravy mix * 2 garlic cloves, minced

* Options add carrots and onions few potatoes. Halfway thru * Options for serving: rice , noodles, mashed cauliflower, sandwich rolls and provolone cheese

Directions

1. Season the roast with salt and pepper on both sides. 2. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbs oil. Once hot, sear and brown the roast for 2-3 min per side. 3. In a slow cooker add the broth. Pepperoncini liquid. Then, add the seared roast, and top with ranch mix, au jus powder, minced garlic, pepperoncini, and sliced butter & bear lard.

1. Cook on low heat for about 8 hr, or until fork-tender (a thinner piece of meat will cook faster and a thicker cut will take longer). ? 2. Shred the roast and add back into the slow cooker, gently mix until combined with the buttery gravy *

* Sliders – add to hawaiian buns and enjoy as sliders. * Sandwiches – add to sandwich buns with homemade coleslaw. * Nacho – add to nachos with cheese. * Tacos – add to soft or hard tacos with toppings and enjoy.

22-Nov-22
Damn I’m hungry all of a sudden lol sounds great ?? Lewis

22-Nov-22
You had me with "butter and bear lard."

• Sitka Gear