deerhunter72 23-Nov-22
t-roy 23-Nov-22
Whocares 23-Nov-22
DanaC 24-Nov-22
t-roy 24-Nov-22
23-Nov-22
March 04, 1815

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation The Senate and House of Representatives of the United States have by a joint resolution signified their desire that a day may be recommended to be observed by the people of the United States with religious solemnity as a day of thanksgiving and of devout acknowledgments to Almighty God for His great goodness manifested in restoring to them the blessing of peace.

No people ought to feel greater obligations to celebrate the goodness of the Great Disposer of Events and of the Destiny of Nations than the people of the United States. His kind providence originally conducted them to one of the best portions of the dwelling place allotted for the great family of the human race. He protected and cherished them under all the difficulties and trials to which they were exposed in their early days. Under His fostering care their habits, their sentiments, and their pursuits prepared them for a transition in due time to a state of independence and self-government. In the arduous struggle by which it was attained they were distinguished by multiplied tokens of His benign interposition. During the interval which succeeded He reared them into the strength and endowed them with the resources which have enabled them to assert their national rights and to enhance their national character in another arduous conflict, which is now so happily terminated by a peace and reconciliation with those who have been our enemies. And to the same Divine Author of Every Good and Perfect Gift we are indebted for all those privileges and advantages, religious as well as civil, which are so richly enjoyed in this favored land.

It is for blessings such as these, and more especially for the restoration of the blessing of peace, that I now recommend that the second Thursday in April next be set apart as a day on which the people of every religious denomination may in their solemn assemblies unite their hearts and their voices in a freewill offering to their Heavenly Benefactor of their homage of thanksgiving and of their songs of praise.

Given at the city of Washington on the 4th day of March, A. D. 1815, and of the Independence of the United States the thirty- ninth.

JAMES MADISON.

Almighty God, We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication, we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. --George Washington

Americans give thanks to Almighty God, their Creator and Governor among the nations. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness with God, otherwise is futile, as we are witness of in the America today.

23-Nov-22
Now leftists have proclaimed that Thanksgiving is .......a "celebration of colonialism......f**k thanksgiving."

It's an ongoing, evil unGodly attempt to destroy our culture and rewrite our history.

23-Nov-22
Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends !!

Thanksgiving happened a month ago in Canada. Our pilgrims were about 4 weeks ahead of yours ;)

23-Nov-22
My how our country has changed.....

23-Nov-22
Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving ! I know I will.

23-Nov-22
Will be a good one. Son is hosting & my wife, being a photographer will renew family photos. I am thankful "every day" & I let the man upstairs know that. I hope you all enjoy your day & can spend it with those you care about.

23-Nov-22
Merry Thanksgiving..

God bless you, every one!

23-Nov-22
Every day is a day of Thanksgiving!

23-Nov-22
Well said gents! We are truly a blessed nation.

23-Nov-22
Buffalo1, I agree and yes Charlie we are truly blessed.

23-Nov-22
Happy Thanksgiving all, very happy to live in this fine nation with all you fine gentlemen. Even the ones I disagree with. Civility is something we should all be able to be thankful for.

23-Nov-22
Happy Thanksgiving

23-Nov-22
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! My favorite holiday. Love my country and proud of our heritage. Still the greatest place on earth and I thank God for the privilege to live here.

23-Nov-22
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Best holiday of the year!!

23-Nov-22
The Holiday Weekend-Thanksgiving meals the next few days will include turkey, venison, pheasant, grouse, freshwater fish, et. al. Yes I am giving Thanks, it was a great year. Thanks to the creator of all the wild places I hunt fish, camp, canoe, kayak, hike and just mill around. Thank You God and Teddy Roosevelt, Aldo Leopold, Jim Marshall, Sigrid Olson, Dingell/Johnson, Wallop Budreaux, Bob Lessard, Fred Bear, Ron Case, Pope and Young, the Wensels, Dad, Uncles, siblings and numerous in-laws and friends; all my heroes for their contribution to this legacy and the American Conservation model.

23-Nov-22
So happy and blest to live in the United States. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

23-Nov-22
We are definitely blessed by God, to live in what is still the greatest nation on the planet. Truly thankful for that.

Blessings as well, to our great neighbors to the north!

23-Nov-22
Well said t-roy. Friends to the north, you mean Minn Gopher fans I assume:)

24-Nov-22
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Going to do some trap shooting with a bunch of folks, followed by a toast to absent friends.

24-Nov-22
Those too, Chuck ;-)

BTW……Floyd of Iowa City should be sending you a Christmas card again this year….

• Sitka Gear