4nolz@work 25-Nov-22
HBOM 26-Nov-22
Bou'bound 27-Nov-22
fuzzy 27-Nov-22
Dirty D 27-Nov-22
SWGAHunter 25-Jun-23
spike buck 25-Jun-23
23-Nov-22
I was able to get my wife interested in bowhunting shortly after we started dating about 14 years ago. Due to shoulder/neck challenges, Nancy now hunts with a crossbow. I think that I am going to try to line up another pig/hog hunt for her as a Christmas present. I am open to the possibility of hunting on someone's private property where they have a pig problem, as well as ranch that caters to hunters. I am open to suggestions....thanks in advance.... Jake

24-Nov-22
Where were your previous hog hunts?

24-Nov-22
Jake check out Mountain Meadows in Greenville WV. I'll send you the info

24-Nov-22
It's a "put and take" preserve and a lot of the hogs are very tame. The terrain is rugged and there are some hogs that have been there awhile, even some born there, if you want to "make a hunt of it " you really can. There are some excellent boars. Mostly feral but some Russians too. The loading is world class. The head guide "Juan" is solid and experienced.

24-Nov-22
"Lodging " not "loading " ugh!

24-Nov-22
http://www.mountainmeadowhunting.com/

24-Nov-22
Went to Wilderness Hunting Lodge last year. Felt like we were in their way. Also hidden costs.

Chose Spartan Lodge this year. Not much of a hunt, but had a great time with the family. Would definitely go back. What they quoted is what we paid.

24-Nov-22
I know a few good ones!

24-Nov-22
Reach out to RK on here. He had the best hog/javelina hunts in Eagle Pass.

I don't think he has the ranch anymore, but should have some good contacts. Then maybe add javelina which are a blast to stalk with archery

24-Nov-22

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
Shiloh Ranch, Stonewall, Ok. is a great place & great hunt. Good clean facilities, great hosts, reasonable & hogs of all sizes. Not put & take & hogs are definitely wild. We've been several times. Includes Tree stands & ground blinds, feeders, cleaning facilities, lodging, kitchen facilities & a good time. I think we're going to try for Feb or March again. One of 2 hogs my son took last trip.

24-Nov-22
Is there a difference between "put and take" and high fence? I've heard all good about Shiloh.

24-Nov-22
Callaghan Ranch. Encinal, Texas.

24-Nov-22
Ummmmm, I think there may be some confusion about the term “put and take”. Shiloh is defiantly fenced and put and take. If it’s fenced it’s pretty much gotta be put if if you are taking.

—jim

24-Nov-22
Jim, I’ve never been to Shiloh, put the sows do a lot of “putting”. Two and a half litters per year from a mature sow gets you lots of hogs, especially if the shooters are targeting boars.

25-Nov-22
Drycreek I've been there. It's a great place with truly wild wary feral hogs. Natural reproduction inside the fence on a place that small just can't keep up. They do have ways to get real wild ferals inside though.

25-Nov-22

Tracker's embedded Photo
Tracker's embedded Photo
We have been traveling to Ft Stewart in GA for the last 10 years and hunt free roaming hogs. All you pay is the cost of a license and lodging. We spot and stalk hunt and it can be a very exciting archery hunt. That being said it is hunting. Lots of walking in sometimes thick cover. We always kill hogs.

25-Nov-22
Hard to beat Shiloh Ranch in OK or Diamond C Bowhunting in Texas.

Have been to both locations several times and have always had a great time. They stay booked up mostly with return customers. That says something about their services/product/reputation.

Diamond C also offers some nice exotics if you are interested in those animals.

25-Nov-22
Jake

Check with RK and see what he's got in his bag of possibles.

Also check with Jerryb Gonzales at Perdernal Bowhunting in Laredo.

You can find RK here on BS, PM me for Jerry's info.

RH

25-Nov-22
I hunted javalena with Jerry at Pedernal.Great guy but we were right on the border I'm not sure I'd go to the border now.

26-Nov-22
I second mountain meadow, we have a great time there for hogs!

27-Nov-22
With mountain meadow, you can do a hog water buffalo combo let Nancy take the hog and you can add a full mount water buffalo to your trophy room Jake

27-Nov-22
I want one of the Watusi bulls.

27-Nov-22
We’ve been hunting Oklahoma the past several years and have a blast but it is DIY and a challenge.

We hunted with Hoppy Kempfer with Osceola Outfitters in Florida years ago and had a great time. That’s where I’d be going if I was taking my wife.

25-Jun-23

SWGAHunter's embedded Photo
Recent group of hogs at the deer feeder!
SWGAHunter's embedded Photo
Recent group of hogs at the deer feeder!

SWGAHunter's Link
Checkout Pachitla Creek Plantation (www.pachitlacreekplanation) in Southwest Georgia near Albany. It's a new place that has not been hunted but 1 weekend in 18 years. Archery Only! 4 Hunters! Lots of hogs, No limit. Lodging and meals included with hunt!

25-Jun-23
Swaghunter... you have to be a Paid Sponsor to advertise. Contact Pat here on bowsite.

• Sitka Gear