160andup 01-Dec-22
Bob H in NH 01-Dec-22
Beendare 01-Dec-22
PushCoArcher 01-Dec-22
Hunts_with_stick 01-Dec-22
Treeline 01-Dec-22
Hunts_with_stick 01-Dec-22
01-Dec-22
So I somehow missed the deadline for WY preference points and lost them all. I thought I bought it but I am not sure what happened. It doesn't really make sense for me to apply to wyoming anymore if it is going to take 9+ years to draw. I have hunted Montana a few times, I guess I could go back there. Do they still have a general draw? (I haven't hunted elk in 12 years or so). I was kind of homing to go next year or the year after before I turn 50. Any thoughts are appreciated.

01-Dec-22
I guess I would be up for a different animal type hunt a well. Something that could be a DIY type of hunt.

01-Dec-22
Did WY change something? In the past you had to miss multiple years to actually lose your points. I missed in 2017 and while I missed the chance to add to my total, I didn't lose the points I already had in the bank.

01-Dec-22
I thought you could skip 2 years without losing points. But if I lost all point in WY, I personally wouldn't get back into their point scheme.

01-Dec-22
I’m thinking if you don’t apply for 2 years in a row, you lose your points in Wyoming. (I could be wrong, though)

01-Dec-22
I did miss two years, unfortunately. This year was hectic as I went though a couple of job changes. Last year, I'm not sure how I missed.

01-Dec-22
How many did you lose??

01-Dec-22
If you missed 2 years they are gone.

Not all hope is lost, something like 25% of tags go in random draw, points don't matter there. Depending on unit may be close to 0, but not all is lost

01-Dec-22
Take up fishing?

Sorry, but this getting an elk tag it’s just getting to be crazy

01-Dec-22
Ouch how many?

01-Dec-22
8!

01-Dec-22
Yikes! That hurts!

01-Dec-22
Yeah, I was really bummed. I went online today to figure out where I was going to apply and when I saw zero my heart dropped…

• Sitka Gear