jjs 22-Dec-22
wyo21 22-Dec-22
timex 22-Dec-22
ToomanybowsBob 22-Dec-22
Juancho 24-Dec-22
Canuck32 15-Jan-23
Boris 16-Jan-23
20-Dec-22
Looking at trying one of these bows out Any feedback or advice would be truly appreciated

20-Dec-22
If you do facebook, there is 2 Oneida groups with tons of info. Oneida Bowhunters and Leverlovers. Lots of info there, and bows for sale. They are different for sure, easy to work on and no press needed. With 3 allen wrenches and a flat blade screwdriver you can completely tear the bow down and rebuild it. They are not fast by todays standards but sure are fun to shoot. Some claim they are loud, and can be if not set up correctly but are easy to quieten down. If you have trad experience shooting barebow the Oneida's are easy to make the transition to barebow, or can be shot with sights, releases, fingers, etc.

20-Dec-22
I’m on both Thanks I’m not caught up on speed I don’t need speed to kill deer and bear

21-Dec-22
You can pick up a Black Eagle on one of those sites and have essentially the same bow as the Pheonix for a substantial savings. I had a Pheonix and didn't like the draw cycle, sold it. I was advised to buy a Black Eagle MLF to get a better draw cycle, did so, and now own two. When JP Morris bought Oneida he did away with the MLF outer limb option, so now its only short, medium, or long. I think it was a mistake to do so.

21-Dec-22

21-Dec-22
Been hunting with a phoenix for 3 years now its a short 50-70 set at 26" & 55# been very consistent the only changes I've made are the draw stops needed to be adjusted after the bow settled in. Shooting 28" 400 carbon shafts with 150 grain 2 edge heads & bow is very quiet. Had one back in the early 80s can't remember I think a phantom and that thing sounded like a screen door slamming """(((THWACK)))""" Check with onieda directly. I got mine from onieda used with warranty for less than $800 shipped it was a bow show display model

21-Dec-22

timex's embedded Photo
timex's embedded Photo

21-Dec-22
Thank you Timex I really appreciate it

21-Dec-22
Its a great bow, still for those who shoot fingers, and instinctive

21-Dec-22
It would be a better fingers bow with lower let percentage and higher brace height. Smoother to shoot with any way that way. IMO

22-Dec-22
Why does everyone think this is a good finger shooters bow ?

22-Dec-22

WhattheFOC's embedded Photo
WhattheFOC's embedded Photo

22-Dec-22
Bigdog21-

Do you shoot fingers? Ever try a 30” or less ATA bow?

All the newer compounds have short axel to axel which causes finger pinch. So the Oneida with it long ATA and generous brace height allows 3 finger holds and more forgiving on a release.

22-Dec-22

Bigdog 21's embedded Photo
Bigdog 21's embedded Photo
Yes I shoot finger recurve and old 40" compound . I like the looks of Oneida but was told at full draw since the limbs swing down you lose about 6" of that ata the lbs come down about 3" on each end at draw making for a hard sting angle ?

22-Dec-22
Boom. For the first time in several weeks, bigdog said something worth agreeing too.

It’s the same stuff you hear guys trashing a 30” bow. They get ridiculous once you realize that most 30” modern bows have the string angle of an older 33”-34” wheelie bow. Due to their cam shape.

22-Dec-22
Wv lol.

22-Dec-22
I have a Phoenix and a light force magnum. I shoot both with fingers, I draw with 3 fingers split, then hold and release with 2 fingers. I have the Phoenix set up to shoot without sights and the LFM set up with sights. I'm shooting 2117 at 28" with 125 gr point out of both. Haven't killed anything with them, but they are fun to shoot.

22-Dec-22
My brother and I shot them for years. Smoothest draw cucle of any bow I have shot in 50 years of bowhunting. You can actually draw an additional 10-15 lbs of draw weight with one. Accuracy was great. The older models were a bit loud at the bow but didn't seem to make a difference at the animal. We both took lots of animals with them.

22-Dec-22
My old hunting bud had one back in the late 80s and shot it, told him I'm staying with my recurve, lighter, quieter and no mechanical stuff to worry about, just like the KISS in my life.

22-Dec-22
An Oneida is no more mechanical than a standard compound.

22-Dec-22
Wyo21......I'm not necessarily disagreeing with ya but they darn sure have way more moving parts than a standard compound

As you pull the string the outer limb pivots at the hing and pulls a cable that rotates the cam that pulls a cable that loads up the power limbs and the cams have a cable that keeps them in time that moves on pulleys and thru the riser.

Been shooting my phoenix for 3 years now with no problems so far. But there's definitely a lot of moving parts.

22-Dec-22
I shot one a few years ago and thought it was much heavier, in mass weight, than a comparable compound. Nice shooter, but heavy.

TMBB

24-Dec-22
Had one 30+ years ago. Loved it. Easy to maintain and great for shooting with fingers. Mine was 85# and shooting 690 grains arrows at 244 fps. Got rid of it when I went traditional with my first Black Widow (that I still have and use ) in 1993. I consider them as somewhere in between compound and recurve. But I've been a recurve only shooter for the last 29 years. I got a xbow 3 years ago, and loved it for the fun factor, but I only hunt with a recurve and sometimes a flintlock

15-Jan-23
I have a Oneida stealth eagle, that I still shoot, that I originally got because it fit my long draw length. It’s not a speed demon but it’s always fun to shoot even though it is quite noisy compared to todays bows.

16-Jan-23
My biggest mistake was getting rid of my Light Force Mag. I got the 250, then the 500. Did not like the Aeroforce because the grip was too big for my hand. Too this day, I have people asking me to build strings and do some repairs on the bows.

• Sitka Gear