Old School 04-Jan-23
RJ Hunt 04-Jan-23
'Ike' (Phone) 04-Jan-23
RJ Hunt 14-Jan-23
HiMtnHnter 14-Jan-23
24-Dec-22

RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
So I am due for new tires on my truck. Is a single rear wheel 1 ton truck with cummins. I don’t do much highway driving and mostly gravel roads and some deeper snow. You guys or a favorite tire that runs well o these heavy trucks? Thanks in advance

24-Dec-22
i am not a fan of MT (mud) tires and liked the cooper discoverer ST maxx when i had my ram 2500 cummins.

another good one i really liked was the toyo CT. the CT has the 3PMSF and was a great performing tire in the snow. the toyo ct's were very uniform and required just a little weight to balance.

24-Dec-22
Toyo CT… I will look those up. I ran a set of toyo Mt and those rode great as well.

24-Dec-22
Look at the Falken MT's, or AT3's, the MT's are not as quiet but better for snow/mud.

24-Dec-22
I had the Cooper Discover ST Maxx on my Cummins…..great in the snow ice and minimal rock throwing. Run them in my jeep now as well.

24-Dec-22
Goodyear Wrangler Radials on every truck in our family for 30 years. I strayed from that choice one time. Never again.

24-Dec-22
Dick Cepek Mt tires were the best wearing tires in mt I have ever owned. Had several sets of toyos that did not wear that well. My son is running the nitto Tera grappler now and they are doing well. Mickey Thompson also wear well for me.

24-Dec-22
I run Toyos. However now running BF Goodrich AT KO 2. Same type of roads UP and N. Wis. Superior tire.

24-Dec-22
I like Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs best.

24-Dec-22
AT3’s. I run em on my single wheel one ton Duramax

24-Dec-22
I have run quite a few snow rated AT tires and some mud tires. Have used a lot if KO2s, some Duratracs and some Coopers AT3Ws.

The best I have tried so far in regards to quiet ride, handling on wet pavement, snow/ice, and two tracs is the new Cooper Rugged Treks. I am thoroughly impressed with that tire so far. They are 10-ply E rated but that is all I run on my half tons since much of my travel is gravel roads, two tracks and forest service roads

24-Dec-22
Thanks for all the input. Will be checking out the Toyo tires and the coopers for sure.

24-Dec-22
Toyo M55

24-Dec-22
AT3’s. I run em on my single wheel one ton Duramax

24-Dec-22
I've been using the goodyear KO2's for years and the discount tire dealer convinced me to try the goodyear wranglers. There were a hair cheaper so what the heck. My gas mileage improved about 11-12%. They are wearing great and I don't get any radial hum from them like you do from the aggressive tread tires. I've got a 2007 dodge 4 door long bed with a 6.7. Been very pleased with them so far.

24-Dec-22
Yep on the E rated. It’s that heavier sidewall that prevents a simple stick from puncturing your tire. Have a samurai that I had that happen. Brand new 30” tire and a thumb size stick blew it out.

24-Dec-22
BFG KO2’s

02-Jan-23
Well I appreciate all the feedback. I went with the Toyo ct tire and think will be a good one.

02-Jan-23
Cooper rugged trek.

03-Jan-23
I put started shopping for some bigger tires for my superduty 37x12.5r20s, I almost vomited when I saw the prices, $650 per tire before taxes and install! So I started poking around and found Radar tires good reviews and $380 per tire, luckily a we have a local tire shop that carries them, I got a set of the radar renegade rt , so far I am impressed, decent on ice, great in deep snow, not enough miles on them to determine wear, I'm happy, with what I saved covered the cost of for another new bow I didn't need!

03-Jan-23

carcus's embedded Photo
carcus's embedded Photo

03-Jan-23

carcus's embedded Photo
carcus's embedded Photo

03-Jan-23
Definitely go with the higher weight rating 10 ply.

Ive had 10 different tires on trucks over the decades, my 2 best;

Those Toyos are bulletproof…I got 80k on the set I had.

Im currently running the Falken wild countrys on a 1/2 ton- excellent all purpose tire, no road noise but not as good as the Toyos in mud/snow.

03-Jan-23
He’s already bought the tires - with that said the BFG KO2’s I’ve had have lasted a little over 80,000 miles. Haven’t tried any Toyo’s yet because of the results I’ve had with the KO2’s.

03-Jan-23
I have Toyos good tire. Like the Ko2 tread better, for my use

03-Jan-23
I guess what ever ones are going to give you the best trad in value... :))))

03-Jan-23
Old school,

I ran a set of 10 ply bfg ko2 tires a few years ago and they started to spit between the tread blocks after about 10k miles. Not sure why.

04-Jan-23
I've been a Toyo guy for years MT's for 6 months in the winter and AT's in the summer.

On my Ford F350 I always ran load rating E/10.

I still do on my JP Gladiator 1/2 ton as I downsized in 2020.

The best of good fortune on whatever ya decide,

Robb

04-Jan-23
RJ - if I had that happen I’d be looking for a different brand as well. Have heard good things about the Toyos - you’ll have to let us know how they work out.

04-Jan-23
I ran a set of Toyo mt tires and was very happy with them. I only ran them once as les Schwab (local tire store) had an exclusive on them and charged a premium for the Toyo so when those were done I put on the nitto trail grapplers and was not too happy with them. The nitto seemed to wander and were pretty loud at highway speeds. This time I ordered a set of Toyo CT as live close to Idaho now and drive in snow/ice most of the winter and that Toyo CT is a snow rated tire. Will let you know how they work and think if they run like the other Toyo tires I have had I will be happy. Oh… I went to every local tire shop and their brands were very limited and could not get the toyo so I ordered them from Simple Tire online. Shipping was $20 for the set and the price was fantastic.

04-Jan-23
Been a Toyo fan for a long time, but went with the Firestone XT's this time...Super happy with them! That's on my SuperDuty 6.7!

14-Jan-23
Ok. I am two weeks in or so on the Toyo cT tires and am very please with them. Have had them in the snow, mud and even highway driving. They run super smooth and perform well in the conditions I had them in

14-Jan-23
Duratracs.

• Sitka Gear