SteveB 03-Jan-23
Beendare 03-Jan-23
Twinetickler 03-Jan-23
Firsty 03-Jan-23
JakeBrake 07-Jan-23
JakeBrake 07-Jan-23
BULELK1 09-Jan-23
02-Jan-23
i have 19 points for Utah elk...was waiting for an early rifle hunt but appears the better option may be archery this fall... any assistance would be appreciated

02-Jan-23
Get a rifle tag and use your bow. That way you can hunt bulls in the rut. Good luck.

02-Jan-23
I wouldn’t do that suggestion.

The elk rut is really good here early September.

02-Jan-23
Not many options for rifle with 19 points. Took 20 minimum to even have a chance at a Wasatch tag last year. I drew a Book Cliffs - Bittercreek archery tag back in 2010. Hands down the best elk hunt I've ever experienced. Did some research on the unit last year and learned the Books is not nearly as good as it once was...for elk or deer. Sorry, but have no experience for Utah elk outside of the Books.

02-Jan-23
Manti archery is a fun hunt. I wouldn't hesitate as you are a long way from any of the "mid" premium units as a NR.

03-Jan-23
The tag Allocation numbers are supposed to be out before the final application date in late April.

I suggest ya go for a unit with 2 or more Non-ressy tags No matter the weapon of choice.

'Ya Gotta Believe',

Robb

03-Jan-23
They added some archery only units that go all of September. I would look at those.

03-Jan-23
I have 18 non-res going in myself. Been chasing it way too long.

03-Jan-23
Lots of good archery options with that many points for archery….

03-Jan-23
If you are a NR you are really only in the ballpark to draw Manti, Lasal, or Wasatch archery. Anthro will be a general unit so it's out. If you are a resident you have a ton of options.

03-Jan-23
Manti.

07-Jan-23
What Charlie said

Stupid Utah

07-Jan-23
What Charlie said

Stupid Utah

09-Jan-23
I've to have suggested to fellow bowsiters to look into the chance of drawing a Rifle tag and using their bow, like C-man stated above.

Not a bad option.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear