DConcrete 10-Jan-23
Orion 10-Jan-23
Twinetickler 11-Jan-23
BULELK1 11-Jan-23
Fields 11-Jan-23
Beendare 11-Jan-23
09-Jan-23

Beendare's Link
I’m just thinking I will win a couple good tags while I’m there…..grin Its Feb2-5 I think. I will be time…and wifey constrained as we will only be there one day…thats all I figure she can take. Heck, thats about all I can take.

I have to go…just to visit all my hunting buddies that moved out of Ca to ID and Utah. My buddy Robert ( Capture the Hunt taxidermy) will have a booth there so I will most likely be closeby there.

Anyone going?

09-Jan-23
Why people still support the expo and SFW after all that has been published is beyond me.

09-Jan-23
EXPO odds are so ridiculous to draw a stolen tag that you are much better off taking your money to Nevada and betting the roulette wheel. If you win go buy a landowner tag. I live minutes from SLC and refuse to support that circus.

09-Jan-23
+1 Dikndirt

10-Jan-23
I concur with the three posts above, and have since the very first one. Can’t believe there are still folks out there that continue to be lemmings.

10-Jan-23
Be a sad, sad day in the BOWhunting world when everyone boycotts their favorite products because they have booths at the expo.

Just sayin'...

10-Jan-23
The guy just asked if anyone was going ……….not to have his character, priorities, IQ, and values called into question because he is. Geez !!

10-Jan-23
I went last year. Didn't buy a single raffle tag or similar. Had a good time talking to Kuiu, Crispi, Eastman, etc folks. I'll probably go again.

10-Jan-23
Absolutely not going.

10-Jan-23
HDE Not boycotting anybodys products…. I own products from lots of the vendors. OP asked if I was going and I stated no. Never questioned anyones values or IQ or values. Geez, just sayin

10-Jan-23
I get it…the local Utah guys butt hurt about THEIR TAGS auctioned and given away at the Expo.

Odds? Ha, have you looked at what it takes to draw a tag lately?

My odds with 20 points in NEV of drawing a good elk tag are about 1%….thats over 2 decades of applying and buying the lic.

10-Jan-23
Anyway, glad to give you Utah guys a venue to vent.

I will be the big old and ugly gray haired guy close by my buddies booth if anyone wants to say hello.

10-Jan-23
I don't think they are giving away any resident tags. Those are all nonresident tags that get raffled and auctioned.

Im going if I win that megamillions.

10-Jan-23
Knew this one would be a 'hot topic'...Went the first year and haven't been able to make it back...Haven't tried that hard either! ;-)

10-Jan-23
Beendare obviously has no idea what the expo and SFW have done

10-Jan-23
Please enlighten us with actual facts in what the expo has done?

I’m anxious to see all the convictions, all the facts, and all the attorneys lined up to take the case for free.

Go on, I’ll wait.

10-Jan-23
No one is accusing the EXPO or SFW of anything illegal D con…. One thing that has been exposed is that 200 expo tags and numerous auction tags have been taken from the public pool. These are tags that are a public resource. RMEF proposal when the last contract was up for grabs was to return 100 percent of proceeds off of these tags to go to to conservation. Their proposal was rejected and SFW was once again awarded the contract. It took a lot of pressure to even get the powers to be to reveal the odds on the 200 tags. The percentage of money returned to conservation from the 5.00 app fee was never revealed until extreme pressure was put on Utah DWR and their partners SFW and MDF. I am only one pissant resident of Utah and the only thing I can really do is point out how this has all went down and choose not to support it.

10-Jan-23
Dikndirt - OP asked of "you" were going, not what your opinion was. A simple yes or no would've sufficed.

My comment was for all the waffle-boys out their that so easily get offended when a service or product company does something they don't like and they scream BOYCOTT!!

10-Jan-23
First off, it was never “exposed” where the tags came from. It was always known that the division of wild life themselves donated those portion of tags to the expo. To act like Erin brockovich blew the top off of some great scandal is ridiculous.

As far as elk foundation goes, the simple fact was, they were asked to prove everything they claimed they could do and never did prove it.

And why do I always see so many Rocky Mountain elk guys running around the expo if they’ve been so screwed too?

Additionally, as for Utah, elk foundation has done very little for Utah.

ANNNNDDDD elk foundation receives these very same donated auction tags from the division of Wild life as well. Why no uproar for their tags they get and auction?

And yes….there is definitely the underlying insinuation that there is fraud involved in the expo. Is it true? I don’t know.

All I know is this…..the time has come for people to either bring fourth real, irrefutable proof, and get some convictions going, or knock it off. The elk foundation argument died long ago.

10-Jan-23
DConcrete you should go over to monster muleys you can see the threads where Don Peay said they would show the books and their accounting and never did. You can see where him and Randy Newberg were going to meet and do both SFW's and RMEF's financials, yet Don cancelled again. The problem isn't just the tags it's also no follow through on where all the money has been going that SFW collects.

11-Jan-23
Dcon you're smarter than that. I won't be there.

11-Jan-23

BULELK1's Link
I'll be doing my yearly Expo Photo thread with big game animals and vendors.

With the big change on Tax Deductions for 'Charitable' donations, I wonder how the high roller$ will be tossing out for Free----->

Maybe I'll see ya there Bruce,

Robb

11-Jan-23
HDE- Did you see this question? "Please enlighten us with actual facts in what the expo has done?"

He was only answering....

11-Jan-23
I have seen the accusations of corruption….and there is nobody more disgusted than myself with the corruption in the Biden admin, The hypocrite Newsome, soft on crime liberal policy, the ridiculous approach to Climate change, and on and on.

I will always do my part to rebel against this BUT That doesn’t mean I’m not going to leave $$ on the table.

I bought HAL when Bush was pres…. I filed for the Biden giveaway PPP and invested according to their bad policy ( I will use the $$ to cover high fuel prices and exorbitant taxes) Yes, I’m guilty of gaming this corruption and will probably buy raffletags at the Expo- so shoot me.

I abhor corruption and horrible gov policy and donate thousands to many different outfits that fight said corruption.

As I said, I’m going to meet friends- its a central location for my UT, ID and MT buddies.

• Sitka Gear