Ziek 11-Jan-23
Muskwa 11-Jan-23
Grey Ghost 11-Jan-23
Muskwa 11-Jan-23
Muskwa 11-Jan-23
hawkeye in PA 11-Jan-23
jordanathome 12-Jan-23
09-Jan-23
Got my recent issue and was dismayed to see alot of blank spots where Ads shoulda, coulda, woulda be filling. I hope CBA is doing okay. I know that new style of magazine cannot be cheap to produce.

10-Jan-23
Is any paper magazine these days doing ok?? They seem more like pamphlets or brochures these days. Weak.

Even some of the classic titles are now almost paying you to take a subscription. If you ignore enough renewal notices, you can pick up a year on any of them for 999. I don’t know how they ship them for that.

10-Jan-23
Big Buck Magazine. Still best magazine going.

10-Jan-23
CBA is doing great. Magazine is a great product. No it is not cheap to produce, but is a great source of information for our members and also a quality product that brings a lot of values to members. Thanks for supporting the Colorado Bowhunters Association with your membership. Sign up a friend so they can see what the CBA is doing for bowhunting in Colorado.

10-Jan-23
I read an Outdoor Life magazine that had a deer hunting how to article in it. It showed a picture of a food plot with bedding and where you should place your stand lol. Magazines are now garbage imo.

10-Jan-23
Just FYI, we're talking about the Colorado Bowhunter's Association magazine here. As a guy who belongs to 4 state bowhunting organizations as well as Pope and Young, the CBA magazine is top notch. Great job to all involved and big thanks to John and all the others who volunteer their time to our state bowhunting organization!

10-Jan-23
^^^^ as compared to every internet hunting forum, article, or YouTube video that emphasizes food plots, baiting, where to place your stand, what to plant and when. Magazines and online articles simply reflect what hunters are doing. And until food plots become illegal in every state, well..

10-Jan-23
I have to chime in on this since I am really amazed at the quality of the CBA magazine. For a state organization to produce a color magazine with so many photos and stories SIX times a year is fairly rare in my experience. The Montana Bowhunters produce a black and white newspaper four times a year with limited content. Sorry MBA, not criticism, just the facts. I'm sure they are doing what they can. The CBA should be commended for their publication. A worthy organization of which I have been a life member since the late '80s.

10-Jan-23
That CBA magazine is first class. And most of the credit goes to Matt Jackson, the current editor. Richard King....I remember when you used to shoot with us here in the Loveland/Ft. Collins area. What, 40 years ago? I hope life is going well for you.

Dennis in Loveland

10-Jan-23
Interesting. It was not too long ago that some guys were on here complaining that some other bowhunting publications had too many ads, and they were dropping them. I guess it's true; no matter what you do someone will complain.

The Colorado Bowhunter is top notch. Keep it up guys.

10-Jan-23
If their finances are anything like Alaskan Bowhunters, the magazine is a net loss financially but provided as a way to get content and updates out to members. It isn’t produced as a money generator for the Association.

10-Jan-23
Totally agree it is a great org, and a great magazine. My post was out of concern they are having trouble selling ads to pay for it. I did not see a kifaru ad. Maybe I missed it. But I did see alot of white space empty begging for an ad sale. My sincerest hope is they are not having trouble selling ads and supporting the cost of the mag. Maybe I typed it in Russian? LOL

11-Jan-23
Full page Kifaru ad, inside front cover.

11-Jan-23
SBC - that is not offered at this time. Curious do other organizations do that and if so how does it work? Over what time period is it paid for?

11-Jan-23
Jordan, I hadn't made it to the end of the mag. I see the "white space" you were talking about. Seems like they could've put something there.

11-Jan-23
I'm glad the magazine is being recognized! As a regular writer/ contributor and CBA board member, I get to see the effort behind the scenes first hand. Matt is obsessed with perfection, trust me.

Henry, Trevon, Matt, Joey, Dustin, John (and many more) have put in so much time to make it what it is and it goes unnoticed, but it should not go unappreciated. They are humble and do not want recognition individually... but more for the organization. (Last names omitted on purpose, but a lot of these guys are on Bowsite and just quieter than most)

The magazine is well thought out and worked on issue after issue, every day. Matt, Dustin and Trevon (and more) put their heart and soul into it and take it very seriously.

The membership is minimal and worth so much more than a first class magazine in your mailbox. If you bowhunt Colorado, I challenge you to become a member if your aren't one already.

We have some absolute bowhunting legends in Colorado (most of them founding fathers of the CBA) and our annual banquet is approaching. I'll follow this long winded post with some info about the event.

Where else can you hear a Paul@thefort story, in person, with a cocktail in hand, looking at some of the prettiest mounts Colorado bowhunters have to offer over the last few years?

11-Jan-23
My wife and I owned a marketing and advertising agency that she ran. Some of the easiest money she ever made was fees for ad placements in magazines and commissions on printed materials. Those revenues streams slowly dried up as her clients moved to online advertising, because no one was buying magazines anymore.

I agree with TEmbry, the CBA magazine is probably a net loss to the organization, especially if it's a high quality printed piece.

Matt

11-Jan-23

Muskwa's embedded Photo
Muskwa's embedded Photo

11-Jan-23
https://coloradobowhunting.org/Big-Game Link to enter. Deadline is February 20th.

11-Jan-23
Thanks CBA crew for putting out a fine magazine, I enjoy reading the paper copy.

12-Jan-23
Again, totally agree the cba mag is top notch! Eastmans could learn a thing of two from this bunch. The cost is a concern. I had suggested when the switch to the new style occurred, and echo it again, maybe it is a better ROI to go digital and drop paper or give subsribers/members the option to go digital and save some costs..........

• Sitka Gear