Supernaut 11-Jan-23
deerhunter72 11-Jan-23
Paul@thefort 11-Jan-23
Lewis 11-Jan-23
BOWNBIRDHNTR 11-Jan-23
Paul@thefort 11-Jan-23
Lewis 11-Jan-23
10-Jan-23
I will state this up front. No birds were harmed during this hunt!

10-Jan-23

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Moved the operation back to the house blind just to change up the decoy set up in a different place
Moved the operation back to the house blind just to change up the decoy set up in a different place

10-Jan-23
LOL! Go Paul! Go Teal!

10-Jan-23

Not that the geese did not fly
Not that the geese did not fly

10-Jan-23

Discovered a great way to keep Teal busy in the blind. Give him a bone to chew on, on for ever!
Discovered a great way to keep Teal busy in the blind. Give him a bone to chew on, on for ever!
and then give him a treat. Good boy! Lets go home.
and then give him a treat. Good boy! Lets go home.

11-Jan-23
Teal looks so attentive and trainable.

I like how ya get perfect still pix of the geese flying.

Stay warm,

Robb

11-Jan-23

Yea, Teal is smart, sometimes too smart for is own good. but he is coaming along very well. Still a puppy at 7 months old likes to do "puppy stuff". Wants to put every thing in his mouth, from goose poop, rabbit poop, on and on. Even brings be dead birds he ight find. But day by day, a little training every day, he is very trainable. Having issue with the camera's sensor, ie, the light round spots on the pics. Thanks for the note. Heading out this morning. Not expecting much, too warm. no wind. Will go ice fishing for two day and give the goose hunt a rest.

Geese in flight? Camera set on fast shutter sorts of freezes them in flight.

11-Jan-23
Thanks for sharing.

11-Jan-23
Teal looks like a great dog in the making. He’ll be ready next year. Good luck ice fishing.

11-Jan-23
Another great day of hunting for you and Teal! He really seems to be coming along nicely in his training.

Thanks for sharing with us Paul.

11-Jan-23
Seems like Teal might be a little further along than you thought he might be at this stage. Great looking pup! Keep after those yard hoppers!

11-Jan-23

Sure likes his bones!
Sure likes his bones!
Well, should have stayed home this Wednesday morning. Started out ok, but too warm and no wind but was willing to try anyway. I am a morning person. Then a light rain mist started and then large quarter sized snow flakes hit the ground and slightly covered the decoys for over an hour, then stopped.. Had the same geese fly from the direction of the lake and then at 9 am, the normal low flight from the west, Some within shotgun range but not interested in the "goose field". Packed up and headed home. Does not seem like the area local Yard Hoppers are around much. I was hoping to attract a single goose but saw non this morning. Will give the field a rest until next week. Thanks for following along on this great adventure, yea, only 5 minutes from my house. Going to head for the gym to work off my frustration and then ice fishing for two days 100 miles west of there. Paul and Teal

11-Jan-23
My question Who trains who lol Good Luck Paul great looking buddy you have there I always had labs that I trained but a year and a half ago we went with a rescue dog and he is a hoot.Good Luck Lewis

11-Jan-23
Paul, we wrapped up our Iowa pheasant season yesterday in a similar fashion....no birds harmed. I hunted with my son and a good friend. Breeze, Deca and Creed all did well and pointed several hens but most of the birds were flushing way early....typical late season, smart birds! My buddy did bring his five month old lab, Mabel. We planted some wings for her to find and threw the dummy several times. The last spot we hunted was very small so we let her tag along. She was working the cover hard and managed to flush a hen. She's going to be a good one next year! Even though nothing was killed, it was still great to watch the dogs doing what they love.

11-Jan-23
Hey Lewis, we all know just when our dogs have US trained well, they leave us, and travel over the rainbow bridge.

11-Jan-23
So true unfortunately over 50 plus years hunting with and training with labs and Chesapeakes I witnessed many crossing that bridge and all of them hurt even the obstinate ones yep God made a dog for a very good reason.Good Luck Lewis

• Sitka Gear