Boone 11-Jan-23
Andrew M at Work 12-Jan-23
Huntcell 12-Jan-23
wytex 12-Jan-23
B2K 12-Jan-23
JG420 12-Jan-23
KHNC 12-Jan-23
11-Jan-23
Well the famed Buffalo county Wisconsin has finally had 2 positive deer test positive for CWD. Can’t wait to see what they have to say about it and how many tags they will hand out next year. Hopefully this scares the big city folks away from buying land here and the little guy can finally afford land that’s not 6 to 7k an acre. Guess that’s my current look at it.

11-Jan-23
Soo you like the fact cwd will screw up the county for your gain? Niiiice

11-Jan-23
I hope they bring in big $ sharpshooters and in 5 years all y’all have is hungry coyotes.

11-Jan-23
CWD has been around for a while. If left alone, almost certainly it will kill less deer in the next 5 years than an over reaction. I wouldn’t be too hard on him fellas.

11-Jan-23
Knifeman yeah because these guys come in buy hundreds of acres enroll it in dumb programs and pay little to no taxes to help the county

11-Jan-23
If land is only 6 or 7 k an acre you are getting a bargain

11-Jan-23
Boone-Like you care how much in taxes are paid to the county. You could have worked harder and bought some of this land, but you didn’t, I see how that can make a guy bitter, but you only have yourself to blame

11-Jan-23
Boone I have been hunting there for years. My friend who owns the land and his family has lived there for 100 years or more. Nice of you not to give a crap about them so you can gain. Pretty disgusting actually. The big bad rich guy city boys have ruined it for you. Poor baby, what a stupid thread. SMH

11-Jan-23
Yea I woulda never responded to this thread till the big $ city guy thing got put out. Comes down to the haves and have nots. From a 30 year construction worker who bought land, work a little harder chief!!!

11-Jan-23
You guys can say work harder but you don't know me or even what I do for a living. Well Buffalo County just went to a full rifle season starting September 1st to the end of February there goes our deer heard. As far as any of you know I could still be in high school. You think everyone on here has 20 to 30 years of work under there belt already to be able to afford 6k to 7k an acre?

12-Jan-23
.........and the Bowsite thread melts down in record time. Honestly guys. Live and let live. Love thy neighbor as thy brother. Its why I dont go on here anymore.

12-Jan-23
“”how many tags they will hand out next year””

Depends on how many people want to buy tags . Buck tags are unlimited now, will be next season and whole lot of seasons after. any number of hunters can buy one gun tag and one archery tag. And in many areas of the state 1-4 doe tags are included with each buck tag. And Wis has one of the lowest Non-resident tag fees in the country, so there will more than likely be upwards pressure for more hunters flocking to the famed Buffalo county.

And in the past if your deer test positive for CWD the state would issue you another tag. So rather than diminish hunters in Buffalo county it will more likely have an increase affect. They all are looking for horns anyways.

12-Jan-23
Blowhards gonna blow. Lets hope the state doesn't decimate your herd due to the find, then the blowhards will have something else to pontificate about.

12-Jan-23
"Well Buffalo County just went to a full rifle season starting September 1st to the end of February there goes our deer heard." False - there are no special or extended seasons for CWD infected counties in Wisconsin.

We are allowed to purchase one archery buck tag and one gun buck tag in Wisconsin per year. In Buffalo cty, we are given 3 antlerless tags when we purchase our archery license and 3 more with the gun license. Additional antlerless tags are available for $12 each, (as many as you'd like but can only purchase 1 per day). I don't anticipate any changes to this tag structure as other counties with CWD have the same structure for buck tags and the same or less available antlerless tags.

12-Jan-23
If you’re in high school you have the whole world in front of you to gain what you want, if your in your 50’s and can’t afford it, ya probably missed the boat. So stop crying cause the SO CALLED rich guys bought all the land.

12-Jan-23
Probably reinstate earn-a-spike program.

• Sitka Gear