Bigwoods 15-Jan-23
molsonarcher 15-Jan-23
Bou’bound 15-Jan-23
fuzzy 20-Jan-23
molsonarcher 20-Jan-23
14-Jan-23

standswittaknife's embedded Photo
Rob Nye and Ben cockel would Be my go to whitetail guides.. one Alberta one Saskatchewan

14-Jan-23

Buddie’s at bens in Alberta “ northern Alberta outfitters” not an advertisement I guess but a great place to hunt

14-Jan-23
Rob is a great guy.

14-Jan-23
If i wasnt such a wuss when it comes to the cold, Canada would be on the regular hunt list for whitetails!

14-Jan-23
Big deer but is it cold and boring? Seriously, Pat has killed some nice deer but honestly his hunts up north in big woods seem boring. Except this year with the bear issues.

14-Jan-23
Boring!! He only shows the heat of it. Honestly, it was crazy good when we went.we did the second week of November and the rut was too much fun

15-Jan-23
Book a guided hunt - for whitetails - every year!? I got better things to do.

15-Jan-23
Are most of the Canada hunts about sitting over a baitpile? If so, I would be out.

15-Jan-23
In Sask you can bait. Alberta and Manitoba i believe you cant. The deer you can hunt every year in Canada makes it worth it to alot of guys to just go north.

A decent lease for a year here would cost as much or more than a guided whitetail hunt would in Canada, and you arent dealing with hunting 100-200 acres surrounded by pressure and people claiming “my deer”.

I havent hunted Canada yet for whitetails, but it will happen eventually.

15-Jan-23
Jolson that’s right but you lease for a year and hunt in Canada for 5-6 days. Not comparable games. Both are good ideas.

20-Jan-23
I'd book a spring archery bear hunt in Eastern Canada or Newfoundland if I could. Best eating bear meat ever.

20-Jan-23
Bou

I was referencing guys who would most likely be out of state hunters, or had limited vacation time to hunt in comparison to outfitted vs leasing.

Also comparing trophy quality, on a decent lease here, depending area, you could have a fair shot at getting a 130s type deer, with maybe better potential. That deer would be traveling thru multiple parcels, past many more hunters than just you. Very few places you could lease here would hold more than one or two of that caliber animal.

Canadian hunts are far different in that regard of pressure and quality, as well as contiguous acreage to hunt.

I speak for my area and what i have seen and been told about Canada. Obviously there are other experiences and places that would be vastly different.

Regarding what i would consider a trophy whitetail, say 130 or better Pope and Young, if i were to book every year, or lease ground (where i live), i would be looking at Canada.

I will probably never get to that point since there are too many other animals i want to hunt, but thats ok. Whitetails are available everywhere, and that isnt going to change anytime soon, so for now its other animals for me.

• Sitka Gear