petedrummond 16-Jan-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 16-Jan-23
Catscratch 17-Jan-23
Catscratch 17-Jan-23
Finnman 17-Jan-23
sticksender 17-Jan-23
'Ike' 17-Jan-23
15-Jan-23
Never had a cell cam before. Want one for my driveway. Perfect world it would post clear pics both day and night, have longevity, send real time pics, and not cost a fortune on my cellular plan. What says you guys who have experience?

15-Jan-23
Tactacam. Also, they do not go on your personal cell plan. It operates through Tactacam and is $13/mo or so depending upon the plan you choose.

15-Jan-23
Whatever you do, stay away from any Stealth/Muddy cell cams. Massive problems with new models in the past 6-9 months, and they have apparently disbanded their customer service-tech support department. Hours on hold, leaving numbers for callback multiple times, sending multiple emails, never a response. There is even a Facebook page called "Stealth cam problems" where users try to help others, since the company will not.

15-Jan-23
Don’t know about Spypoint but so far I haven’t had anything negative to say about my Tactacams. I do have limited areas of cell service but that’s not their fault.Good Luck Lewis

15-Jan-23
Here's another vote for Tactacam. Pics come across as a thumbnail and are pretty good as is. However for $5 you can get 50 HD pics of your choosing. I haven't pulled my card yet, but I'm told the pics are really good when you pull them from the card.

15-Jan-23
I’ve had Wildgame Innovations, Stealth, and Moultrie cameras. The WGI’s and Stealth’s took a sh!t within a year, sometimes less than three months. Moultrie…we’ll, the one went in the woods day after Christmas 2013. Was in the woods 24/7/365 until it died in the summer of 2021.

15-Jan-23
TactaCam for sure,easy set-up and good tech support.We have six or so.

15-Jan-23
I am not well versed with trailcams so take this in light of that. I have 4 tactacams, two Reveals and two of the new Reveal X (or something like that). Overall they are a good camera compared to the complaints I hear about the others you mentioned. here are a few of the complaints I have about them, so rate these in your hierarchy: 1) once every couple of months they do not seem to send timely. I have good cell service where they are but they may stop delivering for a day or two. 2) You cannot have different plans for different cameras. I have one camera in a high traffic place with deer so I have the unlimited plan on it. I have another camera that gets a picture every day or two. I cannot have one camera on the cheap plan and one on unlimited under the same account (you have to have a different account for each plan you intend to use). 3) Difficult to read license plates on the one I have on my access road. This one could entirely be on me but the resolution is not great. 4) They don't get enough pictures of big bucks. I am certain this must be the camera and not my fault ;)

15-Jan-23
Thanks for the comments guys! Looks like if I get one it'll be a Tactacam. Seems like everyone loves them! Now I just need talked into pulling the trigger and actually getting one.

15-Jan-23
If you want one for license plates, Reconyx makes one that automatically focuses on the plate, even in the dark.

15-Jan-23
No way! Honestly I like to keep track of who's on the driveway but it's not a big concern. Deer use the drive a lot too.

16-Jan-23
I have had a spypoint for about a month and have been happy with results.

16-Jan-23
I have 3 Tactacam. No complaints .

16-Jan-23
I have Spartan, Browning and SPYPOINT. The Spartan is very good (have 5). The Browning is Fantastic (have 4 now) and the SPYPOINT wouldn’t even come online so have to give it a thumbs down. My Stealth sucks.

16-Jan-23
Tactacam and browning are both really solid

16-Jan-23
"The Browning is Fantastic" - dang it, with a review like that I HAVE to add another to my research. So far the Tactacam has a pretty good lead.

16-Jan-23
I will also add that Tactacams are tough. I have a boatload of bears in my area and all 3 of my cams have been pulled down and chewed on. One had antenna ripped out and case crushed. I glued the case back together and got a new antenna ( they are cheap ) and it works great. I did end up investing in their metal cases and now no bear attacks have pulled them down or messed them up in any way.

16-Jan-23
Tactacam pictures are better than SPYPOINT. I have both.

16-Jan-23
I would never buy a spypoint after what they did to all of us customers with their furst cameras being 3g knowing 3g was to expire. 1/2 a dozen cams done. Only 2 of my 4gs lte work and that is saying so losely. Wgi and tactacams have been 100 times better

16-Jan-23
Just joined the cellular world with a Tactacam Reveal X and was online this morning looking for a good deal on 1 or 2 more. I added the solar panel and after several weeks and hundreds of photos, the batteries are still reading 100%. I don't have any complaints. The app works well so you can customize/adjust your settings on your phone from day to day if you are getting too many photos. I have it set up to send the photos twice at day at 7am and 7pm. This also can be customized via the app.

16-Jan-23
Would any of you guys be willing to post pics from your cell cams? Just so I can see what they are like? Day, night, while moving, etc...

16-Jan-23

Gman's embedded Photo
Night Time image from Tactacam App - NOT HD.
Gman's embedded Photo
Night Time image from Tactacam App - NOT HD.
Gman's embedded Photo
Daytime image from their APP, not HD
Gman's embedded Photo
Daytime image from their APP, not HD
Definitely Tactacam. I have 4 set-up and bought one for my dad to watch the deer eating his garden and shrubs. With a recent software update, they now allow Tactacam users to allow other users to view their camera pictures. My dad has fun looking at the images on my trail cams.

Attached pictures are normal downloads from their app NOT from the SD Card. These are NOT HD. They look fine on phone, but obviously when you enlarge they are lower res.

16-Jan-23

BOHUNTER09's embedded Photo
Moultrie edge

16-Jan-23

Moultrie edge I have had good luck with Moultrie

16-Jan-23
Tacticam hands down! Im running 21 cams right now. 14 Tacticam, 5 Moultrie edge and 2 brownings.

Tacticams Positives, take a good pic, priced right both for the camera and monthly plan, good customer service, and great battery life if you use lithium , and easy to use the app. Haven't had any negatives on these.

Brownings Positives, take a good pic, easy to use app, good customer service, good batter life. Negatives, cameras are expensive.

Moultrie edge Positives, take a good pic if you have it positioned just right, if not its usually darkened, it might only need moved an inch or two but it makes a big difference. you basically have to find its sweet spot so after a few pics come in you have to move it up or down, left or right or to a completely different tree. Cameras are priced good and good plans, good customer service, no SD cards. Negatives, they miss a crap ton of pics, im talking 10 to 1 compared to the Tacticam. When i first put these out i put them in an area that i've had other cameras before and noticed right away i wasn't getting as many pics. I eventually moved 2 Tacticams right beside the Edges and was amazed at how many pics was being missed. I called Moultrie and they swapped 3 out and reset the other 2. Didn't help. They want me to keep going out and adjusting them. Not a fan of the app, it has some cool features but the others are easier to use.

I will be selling the Moultries when I pull cameras for the year

16-Jan-23

petedrummond's embedded Photo
petedrummond's embedded Photo
Tactacam

16-Jan-23

MA-PAdeerslayer's embedded Photo
MA-PAdeerslayer's embedded Photo
Typically I’d say Tactacam. However, I’m sick of the 5$ a month plans. I hunt big timber. Big woods. Some swamps. Oak flats. We don’t have millions of deer. Therefor we don’t have millions of pictures. I’m running 8 tactacams now and 6 spypoints. I’ll be getting more spypoint flex’s and getting the insider club which gives me 250 pics I believe on every camera per month for $99/year. I’ll also probably add a few more Micros as well. Some people hate em, I’ve had decent luck with them. One bad one outta the box, swapped it out and been good sense

17-Jan-23
Lots of great info and pics! I appreciate it guys.

I think Tactacam has my next purchase. Who can recommend a place to buy it from? Amazon would be the easy button for me but is there a better camera site? Would like to get the best deal possible...

17-Jan-23
Ordered the Tactacam Reveal X Gen 2 from Trailcampro. Excited to get it set up and running! Thanks for the help guys.

17-Jan-23

Finnman's embedded Photo
Finnman's embedded Photo
Tactacam Reveal X.

17-Jan-23
Used Covert for years, but have been switching them all to Spartan. Best quality images I've seen, and plan cost is about the same as all the other brands.

17-Jan-23
Exodus is a good one to look at, especially the new Rival...

• Sitka Gear