Paul@thefort 21-Jan-23
17-Jan-23

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
WELL, I have gone back to the goose field four more times without success. The geese are just seeking food elsewhere. Some fly over and give a small look and a honk but then continue on their way. And to add INSULT to injury, two of the geese were at the end of my drive way when I returned this morning and 50 more geese across the county road. Go Figure! Season ends mid February so I will try a few more times. Paul and Teal

17-Jan-23
Paul, it's not an insult..... those geese just heard of you and Teal and are practicing self preservation.

Your reputation proceeds you.

Better luck on your next outing and maybe try a disguise or something.

17-Jan-23
They are just mocking you guys now;)

18-Jan-23
Yep, mocking for sure. Five inches of snow on the ground this morning. Staying home.

18-Jan-23
It's always a challenge when the critters we hunt seem to have us figured out. Stay persistent and more good things will happen! Looking forward to seeing a few more Hopper Hunts before the end of the season.

18-Jan-23
So they came by to crap on your lawn, how rude!

20-Jan-23
Here we call them " Grass eating rat bastards" when they don't leave town.

21-Jan-23
Haha

Hang in there Paul and Teal--------->

Good luck, Robb

21-Jan-23
We've had whole flocks respond to pressure by changing thier flying route by a hundred yards or so thus avoiding flying steel and causing us great frustration. Still day in and day out Canadas are very susceptible to flagging , calling and decoy spreads . Chances are Teal will get one last retrieve opportunity for the season. Jim

21-Jan-23
Our late season goose season just opened here for a few days and also a three day turkey season. I woke up this morning to gunshots. I would guess it was goose hunters because the turkey hunters only shoot once. My neighbor told me last night that when he was deer hunting he would see at least 50 turkeys a day. Yesterday he went turkey hunting and didn't see a single turkey.

21-Jan-23
Hilarious

21-Jan-23

The challenge for me over the years is to get them to land in or very close to the decoys and within bow range. I have had numerous and far more opportunities to kill geese within shotgun range as they fly past or hover over the decoys and then leave.

21-Jan-23
Paul have you tried mojo spinning wing decoys. When I used to hunt a lot of geese, they worked like a magnet.

21-Jan-23
Don, I placed out a motion duck decoy once in the spread and did have geese land. and that was early in the season. Have not used it since. I tried to use wind generated motion goose decoys but then the wind does not blow in the early AM , they are no good. I have a goose flag on a long pole that I have tried, from the blind.

A this point in the season, the geese want to feed where there is food like in the horse pasture across the street. All I can hope for now is a singe goose looking for company but they can be hard to decoy and then land in the spread.

• Sitka Gear