Jaquomo 26-Jan-23
deerhunter72 26-Jan-23
Adventurewriter 26-Jan-23
njbuck 26-Jan-23
ROUGHCOUNTRY 26-Jan-23
20-Jan-23

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I haven’t seen this posted here on Bowsite - Derek Wolfe killed a massive Mtn lion with a bow the other day. Here in Colorado

20-Jan-23
BTW - Derek Wolfe is 6’5” and not a small guy

20-Jan-23
Saw they tracked the cat off a fresh muley kill. No dogs used allegedly

20-Jan-23
I liked him as a player, I like him as a radio sports talk show host, and I love the fact he's a bow hunter. Big kitty!!

Matt

20-Jan-23
If he is 6’5”. Wow!! That’s a big Cat Like a British Columbia Cat

20-Jan-23
God that cat could've been a lineman!

20-Jan-23
Damn that’s a big cat

20-Jan-23
I just read it’s been killing dogs in a suburban neighborhood No wonder he’s so big.

20-Jan-23
Good on him! Saw some of the typical crap the anti’s have been posting on social media. I wish just one was stupid enough to say it to his face.

20-Jan-23
Yep, 6'5", pushing 300 pounds, with a mean attitude, in his playing days as a defensive end for the Broncos, . He's also very bright, articulate, and funny. His radio show is on 104.3 The Fan during the evening rush hour. He and his co-host, D-Mac, seem to get along well and always joke about Derek's hunting (D-mac isn't a hunter, but isn't an anti-hunter, either). He's a good guy to have on our side.

Matt

20-Jan-23
That’s an impressive animal.

20-Jan-23
No dogs? It's been done but is extremely rare. Is that verified anywhere?

20-Jan-23
^^^^Glunt X2. If he did, indeed, track it and kill it without dogs, that would make it even more impressive.

20-Jan-23
Another site claimed he used dogs, but isn't mentioning it because he didn't want even more flack then what he is getting online. The guy who posted it apparently is friends with the houndsman that was there

20-Jan-23
Cool either way but I didn't see anything really saying he didn't use dogs and the guy he was with is an outfitter, so...

20-Jan-23
He’s got a head on him like a cutworm ! The cat, not the guy.

20-Jan-23
giant cat.. anti's going crazy and DOW stating he did everything 100% above the belt... good deal. and a stud of a bronco..

20-Jan-23
The cat ate the neighbor's dogs so I guess you could say dogs were involved.

20-Jan-23
That thing looks more the size of an African lion than a mountain lion. Unreal.

20-Jan-23
Freaking big kitty!

21-Jan-23
That's one impressive Mountain Lion. Congratulations to the hunter. Things got a huge head and body.

21-Jan-23
Huge cat, great story!

21-Jan-23
I bet dogs were used to hunt this cat, but that detail infuriates the anti crowd, so it was not mentioned. Very large cat and good for the hunter!

21-Jan-23
I didn't realize Colorado requires a hunter to take a special certification course and test to hunt mountain lions. What's involved with that?

Matt

21-Jan-23
Cat looks like a giant. Nice.

21-Jan-23
Grey Ghost. It's a short, online course to help hunters differentiate between females and males. While you can kill females, for management purpose, CPW would prefer males be taken.

21-Jan-23
Thanks, Ziek. I've never wanted to kill a mountain lion, so I wasn't aware of the special certification requirement.

21-Jan-23

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Here’s Derek picking up birds for Paul. Even pro athletes need hero’s

21-Jan-23
So far, all the media stories I've read/heard have been very fair and balanced. When they mention how the cat was eating dogs and living under an old woman's porch, scaring the Willie's out of her, it resonates with nonhunters.

23-Jan-23
Was just on Tucker Carlson. Said he used dogs. My guess is he’ll become the poster boy for their campaign to ban all cat hunting in 2024. Bye bye predator control.

23-Jan-23

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

24-Jan-23
IF my memory serves he told Tucker it killed 15 dogs in 30 days in that town and CPW didn't do anything about it, but now they've received 200 some complaint calls since he killed it!

It's just too bad that the ones complaining didn't have their beloved pets turned to kitty shit.

24-Jan-23
He stated on Tucker that they use dogs to tree the cat in order to have an opportunity to correctly identify the gender as male before harvesting it. Im not a cat hunter so I don’t know.

24-Jan-23
Not helpful publicity since it’s about optics not facts. Good actions will be used against us. The job he did in the interview which you can google was exemplary. No nugent mystical rant here. He nailed it.

24-Jan-23
Yep that delusional veterinarian from Telluride is on a mission to end cat hunting both bobcat and lion. You can bet it will be on 2024 ballot.

24-Jan-23

Bou'bound's Link
https://www.foxnews.com/media/ex-nfl-player-tracks-kills-mountain-lion-terrorizing-colorado-community-beat-me-up-bad

26-Jan-23
Anybody know what part of Colorado he was hunting?

26-Jan-23
Central front range cat. 285 corridor in this case.

26-Jan-23
This story was posted on my mountain community's Nextdoor feed, and a few lion huggers predictably became enraged. They threw out the standard perjoratives against killing our beautiful wildlife for macho gratification, etc.. They were shouted down on the forum by people who support hunting, and half of those were women.

26-Jan-23
All the noise from the PETA people aside, that's the biggest mountain lion I've ever seen! I liked Derek Wolfe as a player, glad to know he's a hunter too. Good for him!

26-Jan-23
For sure dogs were used. I literally just got off a lion hunt...we hunted until yesterday with a guy who know every notable houndsman in the west. A buddy of his was the houndsman that caught that lion. Wolfe is a giant guy and built for short burst explosive power and said he was blowing hard to get to where the cats was.

26-Jan-23
One heck of a lion!

26-Jan-23
Ooh rah for Tucker Carlson being willing to run this story. Last year, Tucker was out here in Montana fishing and was confronted by a liberal in a fly shop.........that didn't work either:)

• Sitka Gear