Bigdog 21 20-Jan-23
12yards 21-Jan-23
EmbryOklahoma 21-Jan-23
pav 21-Jan-23
fuzzy 21-Jan-23
goyt 21-Jan-23
timex 21-Jan-23
20-Jan-23
How many think a coc head is better than a head that has a tip that is meant to split bone? In a simpler form, Is Sacrificing the needle tip of the coc head worth it? Or, is it better to have a more blunt, splitting tip broadhead. This is an all or none proposition. Make your choice.

I think this will be cool to see. Lots of stone cold killers grace this forum. Be cool to see if they had to choose, what will it be.

20-Jan-23
My COC heads do not have a needle point, chisel. Presently using Eskimo.

20-Jan-23

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo

20-Jan-23
Nice compromise Altitude.

20-Jan-23
I swore by Muzzys with a sharpened trocar (not "chisel") tip for decades. Then I discovered Iron Wills and haven't looked back.

20-Jan-23
Yep. They are great looking head for sure.

20-Jan-23
I have always used COC heads (Magnus I, 4 blade) with needle points, have never had any issues that I am aware of.

20-Jan-23
Couldn't care less.

20-Jan-23
I just use IW double bevel, and kill stuff.

20-Jan-23
Magnus classic 2 blade 30 years, trad. Bows and compounds no problems.

21-Jan-23
I've killed a bunch of deer with both styles and don't think it matters much on deer size animals. The only COC head I had bend bad was a Bear Razorhead Lite that I hit a buck in the femur with. Cut the femoral artery though after breaking the femur. Best blood trail I've ever had.

21-Jan-23
“Magnus classic 2 blade 30 years, trad. Bows and compounds no problems.”

I feel the same. I’ve killed MANY animals with a SHARP 2 blade magnus, or a Zwickey out of both compound and traditional bows. As we all know… placement is paramount.

21-Jan-23
Been a big fan of one piece cut on contact heads for decades. Shot 125gr Montec G5s for many years with zero complaints. Recently switched to 150gr VPA stainless steel. Haven't shot an animal with them yet, but very impressed with the construction and flight. Yes, I would much rather re-sharpen broadheads than replace thin blades.

21-Jan-23
I'm in the COC is best camp

21-Jan-23
I agree with most above. I prefer COC but I think that the most important thing is that the head is solid and does not deform when it hits something. The worst experience I have had with a head is when I started using some extremely weak fixed blade heads where the blades would break going in. Then just this week I was talking to a guy who started hunting with a high performance crossbow. He used cheap and weak expandables and the blades were breaking completely off at impacted a 400FPS+. He shot 3 deer with them before he finally recovered one and figured out what was going on.

21-Jan-23
I won a bet once with fellow that said a 125 grain thunderhead would go through a piece of leather easier than the zwickey Eskimo i was using at the time. We used 3/16 belt leather the zwickey went through easily the thunderhead not so much.

There's no comparison and I enjoyed the cold beer I won in the bet.

Now that said there's been a lot of deer killed with thunderheads.

• Sitka Gear