Whocares 24-Jan-23
cnelk 24-Jan-23
Paul@thefort 24-Jan-23
Orion 24-Jan-23
Paul@thefort 24-Jan-23
Orion 24-Jan-23
22-Jan-23

ryanrc's Link
Guys, here is the the howl for wildlife link to add your howl to provide input for the colorado wolf introduction. It is simple to take action, I do it all the time. Just add your name and email and click send and they will send emails to everyone for you. You can read the email your sending and alter it if you wish. It doesn't cost any money. Just 1 minute of your time.

22-Jan-23
I get the sense that CPW would rather slow roll this, but the governor is pushing for an accelerated dumping plan.

22-Jan-23
CPW knows forcing wolves is not in their best interest if revenue, sound management or a combination is the goal. Hands are tied.

23-Jan-23
"CPW knows forcing wolves is not in their best interest if revenue, sound management or a combination is the goal."

I do not doubt that many know this but, they are not concerned about their livelihood. This has played out in other states and like all levels of government, no one loses their job unfortunately. The source of funding and the mission/roles with shift. Part of the new agenda will be diversity and inclusion in the out of doors and as posted on the other thread, we will all live happily ever after.

23-Jan-23
Ron, the CPW fought tooth and nail against wolf forcing. The Commission rejected multiple proposals over the years. That's why the wolfies put this on the ballot, funded by big California money. Once it was on the ballot, the CPW was prohibited by statute from speaking out. This was not a CPW initiative.

23-Jan-23
Just curious of anyone actually took the time to hit the link and send an email. Last o checked there were less than 900 emails sent and the goal was 5000. That's less than 5& on non resident elk hunters.

24-Jan-23
Email sent

24-Jan-23
I sent mine. Easy deal to tap the link.

24-Jan-23
I sent one - Their website is something to be desired - Half of the page is taken up by banners.

Probably get more participants if it was cleaned up

24-Jan-23
Sent, and will also attend the Denver Wolf management meeting, the last state wide meeting, on Feb. 22 ,WED. and will testify there. Too bad the meetings are not on a week end when more hunters can participate

My message sent: Dear CPW Commission Chair Carrie Hauser,

CPW Commission, please follow the lead and recommendations of the CPW Wolf Plan management staff who know what is the very best for Colorado's wildlife, habitat , live stock producers and your basic constituents, the hunting public. Do not be influenced by recommendations from pro wolf groups that present unrealistic wolf plans that do not fit the needs of the state of Colorado.

If lethal means are needed to control Colorado's growing wolf populations, in the future, then add this into the plan now.

If history repeats itself, and the pro wolf organizations do not get their way, be prepared for court actions that has happened in other states.

24-Jan-23
Because we have no say in the wolf reintro or management and neither does CPW.

24-Jan-23
Done.

24-Jan-23
Yeah. We’ll see how much the emails and public comment will help.

I already know.

24-Jan-23
Actually the CPW Wolf Management staff does have a major say in the management plan and within the scope of the Ballot Initiative. I have attended a few of the meetings, per the SAG and TAG meetings, and on Facebook, testified before the committees, read the full draft of the CPW wolf plan and have communicated with the tip of the spear, ie, the CPW lead authors of the plan. Any and all comments and in person attendance, can make a difference in the long range process of wolf management here in Colorado. So keep it up. my best, Paul

24-Jan-23
Yeah Paul lets see if that Phase 4 that calls for lethal management and being able to list the wolf as a game species stays in there. We will see how much say CPW has by that outcome, until then I won't hold my breath. Also did you watch the meeting we were severely outnumbered by the wolfies on who got to speak

24-Jan-23
Outnumbers always by the wolfies for sure, as during the past two years. Lethal management, except for individual problem wolves , yes, will be off he table for now as will classifying the wolf as a game species. I always say, "never say never". but we as concerned hunters/public can still pressed those two issues. I remember that even though "Coloradoans voted for the wolf reintroduction", only 51% of the voting public did and 49% did not. CPW needs to keep hearing from the 49%!

24-Jan-23
I'm not saying they don't need to hear Paul but we are playing checkers while the wolfies are playing chess. Did you catch the lady that says they have Wolf Wednesday fundraisers and that they already have tens of thousands of dollars to make sure no wolves are shot. These groups are two, three steps ahead of sportsman.

• Sitka Gear