4nolz@work 23-May-23
Vaquero 45 23-May-23
bigswivle 23-May-23
Vaquero 45 23-May-23
4nolz@work 23-May-23
fuzzy 25-May-23
4nolz@work 25-May-23
31-Jan-23
I spend a couple of months every year in the Fort Walton Beach area. I would like to find somewhere to hunt hogs every once in a while. Any suggestions? Thanks

31-Jan-23
https://triplemoutfittersunlimited.com/hunts/hog-hunts/

31-Jan-23
Unfortunately every place I know of is in central florida area.

01-Feb-23
Daniel Townsend with Townsend and Sons.

01-Feb-23
I just realized that Triple M is over 7 hours from Fort Walton Beach. Sorry

01-Feb-23
You're up in the panhandle. You might want to google it. Tiger Island is out by Cedar Key-not too far away. I can't vouch for the outfitter, but the area is full of pigs. I hunt across the road in Lower Suwanee and go past the place on a regular basis.

01-Feb-23
If you have never been to cedar key. It is worth the trip.

Wife and I went up there for a day trip. It is on our list to go back for a short weekend.

Now that I know there is some hog hunting up there even better yet.

24-Apr-23
I just returned from a couple days in South Florida where I decided to try a hog hunt while there. I checked out the reference above for Triple M Outfitters. Nice guys, but they are really geared towards firearm hunting. When I arrived the guide assigned to me had no idea that I was hunting with a bow despite the fact that I told the owner both on the phone and via email that I was a bowhunter. The guide admitted to me that he wasn't sure how to get me close enough for a bow shot as he doesn't do a lot of that. We did finally find a hog resting under a bust and I came home with a hog. But I think for my next adventure I am going to try a different outfitter.

24-Apr-23
Sorry about your experience, but glad it worked out and you tagged one

I am looking into Triple m for bobcat, Coyote and hog with thermal scope. Just curious, besides the non archery experience how was your outfitter overall opinion of the outfitter?

24-Apr-23
Cedar Key is a quite a ways from FWB

24-Apr-23
Cedar key is an amazing area though

24-Apr-23
Yes Travis McGhee is still there John McDonald says

25-Apr-23
Hey bghunter, apart from the outfitter not being ready for.a bow hunter, I guess it was ok. Like I said it was a 1 day hunt. You probably just want to make sure they know what your expectations are. I thought they did, but I found out differently. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

25-Apr-23
I lived in Williston FL for a few years in the 80s. Both Osceola & gulf hammoc wma areas have pigs but back then pig hunting on those areas coincided with deer season only.

Both areas are a fair drive from Fort Walton.

A suggestion would be to check with hunt clubs in that area and inquire about pig hunting ,,,only. Been a long time since I lived there but back then the serious deer hunters despised the pigs eating up all the food.

I'd start at local gun shops, get hunt club info, contact and perhaps offer to buy deer feeder food in exchange for killing a few pigs under the feeders.

25-Apr-23
Flying archer thank you for the info. We go to FL alot, but the guide I normally use is in the north part and next trip we were looking traveling near the Atlantic side so Triple M is in that area

25-Apr-23
If you want " do it yourself " try Eglin AFB archery only units ... Plenty of hogs and deer

23-May-23
I think for my next adventure I would like to do a DIY hunt hopefully near SE Florida. My place is in Boca Raton. I will check the different WMA's, but if anyone has a suggestion I am all ears.

23-May-23

Vaquero 45's embedded Photo
Vaquero 45's embedded Photo
Very rare years ago I shot this one near Lake Whales Fla .... free range boar / no fish tale or horse manure it was weighed on a legal scale @ over 440 lbs . Free range not trying to offend anyone I dont do fenced / caged hunts nor shot fish in a barrel . I dont have a dog in his race but theres a guy named Eric out of the swflacraigslist under sporting goods that does good pig hunts / ETC in the Naples , Fla area . Posted that pick not to brag but incase someone needs some motivation .

23-May-23
think for my next adventure I would like to do a DIY hunt hopefully near SE Florida. My place is in Boca Raton. I will check the different WMA's, but if anyone has a suggestion I am all ears.

Don’t know of much in SE Florida. Fort Drum MA is closer to east coast, they used to do some special hog hunts I think. It’s full of hogs, I hunt a ranch right next to it. Corbett management area is closer to you, but I don’t know anything about the hog population there.

23-May-23
Why pay for an outfitter, just go to a WMA and you'll run into them, or at least I did in southern Florida, but there is a season for them on public lands, or used to be...

23-May-23
Vaquero was that a dog hunt?

23-May-23
No Sir Mr Mike , that was stalking legally of course . Won't do dog hunts either unless we persuing hard core criminals or escapees. Free range Hogs like that are very very rare . Just like Hogs seeing you an attacking you very rare from my experiences . Unless there cornered , trying to break loose from a trap or a European or Russian type angle headed mad boar . I would fear more a Cougar late at nite around the last drink call in a Honky-tonk. BTW shot that one w/a Remmy 700 bolt action 30 ot 6 , iron sights . We encountered each other in a short palmetto cul da sac . So it made a run at me more to escape than attack I believe [lol] . Flattened him with one shot at like 22'. The other Mike from Canada if your reading this , you know it's no BS .

23-May-23
Free range Hogs like that are very very rare .

This is false, there are big hogs all over the place, just have to find them.

23-May-23
Lol , maybe we have a different definition of what's a big hog . God bless you in your pursuit.

23-May-23

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo
Yep those big boys need a good food supply.The big old ones look like werewolves.We got tons of them.I drove up on a sow with teeny piglets on my place yesterday they were no bigger than a 1liter drink bottled and just huddled in the road when she ran.Nice red with watermelon stripes.

25-May-23
N nolz those rabbit sized striped ones are the best eating

25-May-23
Ha maybe but they will be the perfect eating size by bow season after they eat the feeder corn all Summer :)

• Sitka Gear