BULELK1 26-Mar-23
Scrappy 26-Mar-23
400 Elk @Home 26-Mar-23
Bowboy 26-Mar-23
Muleysareking 27-Mar-23
06-Feb-23

BowhuntersOfWyoming's embedded Photo
BowhuntersOfWyoming's embedded Photo
Here is the information for the BOW Commissioner's License Raffle. This year we have increased the available tickets from 400 to 600 in order to maximize the biggest bang for the buck for wildlife. Every single dime that we receive from this raffle goes straight to projects. All of the costs of the raffle are paid for by BOW. The reason we went to more tickets instead of increasing the price is so that the little guy still has a chance. It is still a good deal for whoever wins it, $50 for the area of your choice in Wonderful Wyoming. Almost all the winners if not all have picked an elk tag instead of a deer or antelope tag, but the choice is yours. First off, BOW would like to Thank Mark Jolovich, Wyo G&F Commissioner, for the license. We also Thank all the individuals in the past that have purchased tickets to help us fund projects for wildlife in Wyoming. Also, Thanks to all of you who are going to buy a ticket this year and GOOD LUCK!!!

Here is the link to buy them on the webite. https://www.bowhuntersofwyoming.org/Shop

06-Feb-23
Can you buy them online ?

06-Feb-23

Jethro's Link
Yes available online. Here’s the link where you can buy them.

06-Feb-23
Great!

To the whiners on the AZ governors tag thread, here's your chance!

06-Feb-23
Thank you

06-Feb-23
Lou, nope. $50 still outprices me. $50 is my grocery bill for 3 months because I live off the land.

I'm drinking fermented spruce needle kambucha beer right now that I made with wild yeast that I scraped off of my leathery skin, formed from a hard day's work.

07-Feb-23
This is always a fun thread and a daydream that may come true-------->

Thanks BOW,

Robb

07-Feb-23
To put things into perspective… you could buy all 600 tickets for 30k and the AZ governors deer tag just sold for 725k. This is a deal!

07-Feb-23
Didn't someone buy all the tickets for one of the tags in CO or WY a few years ago, for that very reason?

07-Feb-23
Idyll, What a guy! That beer sounds so good! :((

07-Feb-23
Believe that was this tag, Lou. They’ve since put a 10 ticket limit on it.

07-Feb-23
10 tickets per day that is

07-Feb-23
There’s a pile of these tags issued, which obviously brings the value down quite a bit. Scanning the results from last year most brought in $25-45k, some at auction and others raffled. One group tried to sell 600 tickets at $100 a whack and didn’t move even half. Another sold 449 at $100 a piece though. Seems like BOW is in a good spot with 600 for $50. I’m sure they’ll sell out no problem.

It’s pretty obvious this winter that anyone who routinely plays raffles is going to have to spend 50-100% more to have the same odds offered just a couple years ago. Many of the sheep hunts/tags a guy needs to drop $500+ just to feel like he’s got any sort of shot. Pretty sure I saw one recently for $500 a ticket. I don’t think the raffles will be the little guy’s hope for much longer!

07-Feb-23
Kaleb, it’s kind of a two fold issue really boiling down to the type of raffle. These tags are not guaranteed forever to an organization, they have to be able to prove the money is used appropriately and often times have to continue to prove to the state that they are bringing in the top dollar for it vs seeing it issued elsewhere. Raffling off guided hunts are inevitably going to creep down in odds or up in ticket price as the purchase price for these hunts continues to defy logic with their rate of increase. Sadly the raffles will be the only choice for the common man when it comes to additional tags issued. I too have noticed the recent spike or doubling in ticket numbers for the raffles I’ve seen so far this year. It doesn’t bother me on the lower ticket price raffles like this one, it makes me scratch my head on the $100-200 tickets being pushed all the way up to 600,1200, even 1600 tickets being sold like I’ve seen.

07-Feb-23

07-Feb-23

Muleysareking's embedded Photo
Muleysareking's embedded Photo
For you fence sitters, you could put your face where the black is in this pic. Happens every year, BUT YOU NEED A TAG!! The winner last year only bought one ticket so it was $50 well spent for him! Ya gotta remember the winner can use also use artillery.......Mike

07-Feb-23
Good points Trevor. I don’t blame BOW at all for adding tickets. Almost referenced them yesterday in the AZ thread as having one of the best values going. At 400 for $50 someone should have been buying every ticket in my opinion. 600 tickets is an obvious move considering the current environment. My comments are more observations on it seeming that hunt values and auction prices are going to drive raffles to either become obsolete and/or not worth the participation.

07-Feb-23
The jump from 400 to 600, I'm out this year. I "won" 2nd prize a few years ago. Good luck everyone.

07-Feb-23
Anyone know how many have sold ?

07-Feb-23
478 left in online store implying 122 already sold, not sure if that includes a certain number set aside for in person/paper sales or if they have converted to online only for purchasing. Got a good feeling about my ticket number this year :)

08-Feb-23
There are some pretty crummy outfits that get these tags in Wyoming. Little league teams for goodness sake. BOW is not one of those and does good work with the funds. Always get a ticket or three. Was really bummed out when that lady bought almost all the tickets. Was hoping she actually did not get the tag.

09-Feb-23
What a great cover on this current issue of BOW magazine.

Dandy Muley Buck for sure.

Her Smile tells it all--------->

Good luck, Robb

09-Feb-23
Thanks for the link. Just bought a couple. About 350 left

09-Feb-23
I'm in. Looks like I'm going to Wyoming this year boys!

10-Feb-23
They just sold out! Seriously just grabbed a couple. Good luck guys.

10-Feb-23
Im in.... 236 Left, money going to a good cause

10-Feb-23
Pretty sure I just bought the winning ticket. Now to just find 2 bulls that want to run into my arrows.

13-Feb-23
TTT

13-Feb-23
In to win! Thanks for the opportunity, BOW!

And thanks for the work you do for bowhunting in Wyoming for everyone!

14-Feb-23
Are they Sold Out?

I tried to get 1 this early AM and it Prompted me that Proxy couldn't process, contact site administrator.

Thanks,

Robb

14-Feb-23
Robb, it’s showing there’s still 100 tickets left.

14-Feb-23
Hi Rob, the website hosting service and credit card processor are having some issues with processing orders every so often due to the volume of sales. We are trying to get it straightened out with tech support but we can still get you some tickets.

If you have not gotten it to go through reach out to Susan at [email protected] or 307-655-9405 Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the support.

14-Feb-23
Just bought two moments ago. Had difficulty buying from iPhone. Went to laptop and the purchase went through.

14-Feb-23
Just bought one. Very difficult for me. Had to have technical support from Susan Barrett. She says it’s not going smoothly. Thanks to Susan!

15-Feb-23
Thank You

I just got mine, I was hoping being so late to the game, I would be Mr. Irrelevant with #600 but I wasn't.

Good luck, Robb

17-Feb-23
The raffle is SOLD OUT. Thanks to everyone for helping Bowhunters of Wyoming fund $30,000 in projects benefiting wildlife, habitat, access, etc across our state. We appreciate your support and good luck to you who bought tickets - drawing to be held on March 25th at our annual convention in Riverton. Susan Barrett, BOW Treasurer

18-Feb-23
Thanks, BOW for giving all of us the chance at the tag!

Good luck, Robb

18-Feb-23
Those went quick! Excellent. Good luck to all.

13-Mar-23
Well, I didn't get the Phone call, so I guess someone else got their name pulled out of the hat @ the Banquet on Saturday----->

Good luck, Robb

13-Mar-23
Robb, nobody got a call yet. The drawing is on 25th.

14-Mar-23
Thanks, jethro.

I thought I slept through it with this dang clock change! haha

Good luck, Robb

25-Mar-23
Good luck to everyone on the drawing today! Waiting for that phone to ring

25-Mar-23
Good luck to the lucky person who draws (hope it’s my son).

25-Mar-23

26-Mar-23
Give it up Nick!!

Haha,

Robb

26-Mar-23
Did I win???

26-Mar-23
Nope. I asked my lucky 8 ball if I won and the answer…”it is certain.”

Sorry fellas.

26-Mar-23
A resident from Glenrock WY won the tag.

27-Mar-23
Thanks to everyone who purchased tickets and supported projects in Wyoming. The winners were: Tim Halstead of Glenrock, WY for the Commissioner's Tag, Kenny Link of West Point, Ca for the WyldGear Cooler and Kevin Wilmes of Sioux City, IA for the 2 year BOW membership. We really appreciate everyone purchasing tickets to help wildlife, access and enforcement in Wyoming.....BOW Executive Council

• Sitka Gear