DEMO-Bowhunter 09-Mar-23
redneck hunter 09-Mar-23
HUNT MAN 09-Mar-23
kota-man 10-Mar-23
Zackman 10-Mar-23
AKmtnhunter 11-Mar-23
03-Mar-23

Freelance Bowhunter's Link
Jut thought some of you might be interested. The footage in this video was given to me by a friend in the 1980's and I uploaded it to my YouTube channel to honor his memory and the memory of the last of the great brown bear men. A lot has been written about Kodiak island brown bear hunting and Pinnel and Talifson, but there isn't much video. Enjoy. https://youtu.be/u3U6KDZtmwo

08-Mar-23
I remember their advertisements in Outdoor Life while growing up. As luck would have it, I took my first brownie near their area at Deadman Bay. Thanks for the video.

09-Mar-23
I spoke with Bill Pinnel a few times, due to scheduling conflicts I ended up hunting with Ken Oldham. I landed in Dog Salmon one hour after Fred Bear and crew left the same camp. Fred hunted a few times with Ken Oldham. Ken had his own kind of fame, documented now only his Anchorage obituary.

09-Mar-23
What a blast from the past. 1959....14 day hunt....$900

09-Mar-23
That was a fun video to watch!

09-Mar-23
That is cool, thanks for posting. Brings back memories.

09-Mar-23
Pretty cool video!!

09-Mar-23
Took my bear at Karluk in 2014 with Scott Mileur. He said we were camping nearly on top of their old cabin and camp site.

09-Mar-23
That’s was fun to watch

10-Mar-23
Awesome video…The book is a great read.

10-Mar-23
Cool to see some areas you have walked over decades before you were there.

11-Mar-23
I commented on this video a couple weeks ago on YouTube! Fantastic footage of a wonderful place, I'll be on the southern end of Kodiak this coming fall.

• Sitka Gear