WV Mountaineer's embedded Photo
I’m setting here in the cabin my granddad built. We helped him growing up but, he bought most of the land and did all the finish work on the inside. When he died, he left it to my brother and I.

It’s a cool one. About 20 degrees with a 35 mph wind. But, I have got the stove hopping, supper warming up, and a few cold ones for company.

I’ve often talked about this place on hunting forums. But, it’s so special to my family. We own about 20 acres that borders the George Washington national forest. The hunting is really good but, really physical. But, I can’t tell you the deer and other animals we’ve killed here over the years. It’s a C special place indeed.

Running water. Electricity. Not real high but about 4000’ elevation. It gets cold here because the wind rarely stops. I’ve seen the thermometer way below zero more times than I could count. But, like I said before, it’s great hunting.

My brother and his kids are on the way. My oldest nephew turned 13 yesterday. He’s got a brand new mission hype bow package waiting at the archery shop back in home town. We had a mishap in. Jo ember and my dad broke the door knob sone how. So, I cone up after work and got in and replaced the hardware.

Anyways, let’s see some cabins fellas. Good tent camps. Anything that you’ve been glad to see after a long hard pack out or hike.

Let’s get something going to pass the time that reminds of of why we love to hunt.

10-Mar-23
Looks like quite the place Justin!

10-Mar-23

It’ll sleep 6 with beds and couch. We’ve slept 10 on the floor.

I got the fir rockin’. Super on the wood stove. And just setting here listening to the wind howl. I’ll try to get sone outside pics tomorrow.

10-Mar-23
Nice looking cabin.

10-Mar-23
Love it brother!! Good stuff!!

10-Mar-23

I’ve seen the gun cabinet full of rifles and 18 deer hanging in the trees around this cabin.

I had a bear steal a bow killed deer from me here two years ago. I’m going get that son of a gun for that. He came in and took it out of a tree 35 feet from where I slept. Never heard the bastard. Run him off right before daylight the next morning as I was sneaking in the woods to go climb a tree. Me and bears got this thing. I’m pretty sure a black bear is going to mail me to death. I see and run up on them all the time. I don’t know, it’s just something that happens. I’m not sure why. I must stink. lol.

It’s snowing sideways here now. Covered the ground in about 8-10 minutes. It’s going to get cold tonight. But, right now me and the mice are going hand to hand over who owns this place. lol.

10-Mar-23
Love your cabin and the wood stove. Looks like a great hunting cabin with a nice warm place to be when it is colder than hell outside. We had an old one room cabin at my brothers old hunting place. You reminded me of it when you said you were fighting them for control. The mice were so bad in my brothers cabin they ate all the wall paper off the walls as high as they could climb. The old potbelly stove would run you out, then in an hour it was time to stoke it again as it was getting cold. No electric or water or insulation. Your place is a palace. I really like it sir!

10-Mar-23

casekiska's embedded Photo
casekiska's embedded Photo
I built this little cabin back in '95 in south-central Wisconsin...it's surrounded by 40 acres of the bowhunters land of milk and honey!

10-Mar-23

bowhunt's embedded Photo
bowhunt's embedded Photo
One of my favorite places to be.

It’s a long hike out there, and lots of great memories have been made from this camp.

I’m always nervous someone will be there on the first trip of the year. It’s a huge relief every time when I see there’s no tent.

So far that hasn’t happened

11-Mar-23

Ranger66's embedded Photo
Everyone needs one of each!
Ranger66's embedded Photo
Everyone needs one of each!
The Arrowhead of MN.

11-Mar-23
Good stuff Justin!!! Stay warm.

11-Mar-23
Nice cabin!

11-Mar-23

wooddamon1's embedded Photo
Western Michigan
Western Michigan
Nice places guys.

11-Mar-23

Only 40 minutes from home, so I'm there a lot.
Only 40 minutes from home, so I'm there a lot.

11-Mar-23

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo
Davis tent camp.

12-Mar-23

BlacktailBob's embedded Photo
Whale Pass cabin Prince of Wales Island AK

12-Mar-23

Unalakleet River Alaska

12-Mar-23

Lisa Lake, South Central Alaska

12-Mar-23

Cabin at Bumble Bay, Kodiak, AK

13-Mar-23
Keep the pics coming guys! Love seeing these cabins…

14-Mar-23

14-Mar-23
azelkhntr, Coors light? ;0)

14-Mar-23

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Haven’t been here in a while..

15-Mar-23
You’re due to go back Mark.

15-Mar-23

boothill's embedded Photo
boothill's embedded Photo
Coming soon!!

15-Mar-23
What an awesome place, Justin! Lots of great memories, for sure! No home away from home for me, tend to wander a bit much and never set up any kind of place like that.

15-Mar-23

solo hunter19's embedded Photo
Cabin
Cabin
My Northwoods Wisconsin off grid cabin.

Solo

15-Mar-23

photo 2

15-Mar-23

photo 3

15-Mar-23

photo 4

15-Mar-23

photo 5

15-Mar-23
Solo is that a shuffleboard table!? Damn that’s a sweet deer camp lol!

15-Mar-23

Ogoki's embedded Photo
Ogoki's embedded Photo
My Northern Michigan hunting cabin. Sits on 45 acres. Completely remodeled myself . Gutted, rewired and insulated. Used 4 inch tounge and groove on all walls and ceilings . Installed new windows , doors and stained . Had a local install the standing seam roof as I did not want to deal with a possible rain ,as it would have taken me longer by myself.

15-Mar-23

Ogoki's embedded Photo
Ogoki's embedded Photo
living area

15-Mar-23

Ogoki's embedded Photo
Ogoki's embedded Photo
Kitchen . Only half of kitchen and cabinets shown here . Made all the cabinets myself and used antlers pieces for handles .

15-Mar-23

Ogoki's embedded Photo
Ogoki's embedded Photo
Another kitchen shot .

15-Mar-23

Ogoki's embedded Photo
Ogoki's embedded Photo
Fall picture . Second week of October.

15-Mar-23
solo hunter19 and Ogoki, I don't use the word jealous very often, but dang! Those are some REALLY nice cabins! Congratulations and thanks for sharing,

15-Mar-23

Bghunter00's embedded Photo
Bghunter00's embedded Photo

15-Mar-23

Ogoki's embedded Photo
Ogoki's embedded Photo
Another living area pic. Had to show some bears. Have 6 bears or rugs hanging in cabin .

16-Mar-23
azelkhntr The wall thickness is 14". The logs are mortared in place with a 3-4" mortar joint on the inside and outside and the center is filled with sawdust. The R value i believe figures to be around an R-30. does not take much to heat it once it is warmed up. solo

16-Mar-23
MA Pa Yes, it is a shuffleboard. we play some in the evenings plus it doubles as extra table space for food when we have a group in camp.

Solo

16-Mar-23

16-Mar-23
I like seeing everyone's camps and hope more post pics. The standout so far is black tail Bob's. I couldn't imagine what it took to get the materials there and build it in such a rugged remote area.

Solo

16-Mar-23
Thank you Deerhunter72 for the comment. Almost didn't post my pics after seeing Solos pics . Awesome cabin ! My wife and I both agree about the work involved with Blacktails last cabin . Hauling in those material would have been more work than building the cabin. We use our cabin at minimum a week a month , other than Jan and Feb. Headed up later this month for a week and then April turkey hunting .

16-Mar-23

Doug C.'s embedded Photo
From the outside (Ft. Robinson/Soldier Creek Wilderness NE)
Doug C.'s embedded Photo
From the outside (Ft. Robinson/Soldier Creek Wilderness NE)
Bowboy/Craig, I also have a Davis tent (14'x16') with a full fly vs. yours that just covers the entry way. Back in 2015 I had Davis make these side walls to help with the wind and keep items more enclosed. The two sides are each 4'x8' and they zip tie onto the tent poles.

16-Mar-23

Doug C.'s embedded Photo
Plenty of room for cooking gear.
Doug C.'s embedded Photo
Plenty of room for cooking gear.

18-Mar-23
Help from guys much younger than me.

18-Mar-23
I love it Doug C. I love all of them.

• Sitka Gear