TEmbry 08-Apr-23
MathewsMan 08-Apr-23
spike78 08-Apr-23
Shaft2Long 08-Apr-23
WV Mountaineer 08-Apr-23
shooter 09-Apr-23
Shaft2Long 09-Apr-23
12-Mar-23
With all the different models out there and the incredible amount of bows they make yearly just wondering what you think is the best model and why?

12-Mar-23
Honestly all personal preference. I shot and love the V3x 29, my brother absolutely hates it. And he’s smaller and has shorter DL than me. He prefers a 32-33” ATA but he didn’t care for the V3x at all. Bows are 100% personal. What you love someone else may hate.

12-Mar-23
Icon

12-Mar-23
The best is different for different people. Or said differently there is no “best.”

12-Mar-23
Shug likes the bow Mathews named after him… Ha Ha.

I’ve never owned one I didn’t like. The 2002 Mathews Legacy was the best in 2002. I owned two since I thought I’d never need another bow. However that said the latest edition is great too. Good luck in your decision even if it requires a handle name change.

12-Mar-23
Depends you want short and speed are long and forgiving . Hard are soft cam. Let off? What's best for me could be bad for you.

12-Mar-23
Shot a Mathews since ‘98, my favorite 2 were the Drenalin LD and monster MR7. I wish I would’ve kept that MR7. Like said by others, it comes down to feel. Mathews always felt right to me, until the last few years. Still great bows, but they’ve changed grips a few times the last handful of years and just don’t feel right for me anymore. Switched to a bowtech ss34 this year because it fits more like the Mathews used to for me. Owned a lot of Mathews in that time and all but one I really liked with MR7 being all time favorite. The magnum was terrible for me!

12-Mar-23
I still have my MQ1. Haven't shot it lately. Nothing like todays models but still a great bow.

12-Mar-23
I second the Drenalin LD - it is upstairs on one of the guest beds in its case. My brother shot a doe with it last year, while his dominant eye was healing from surgery to repair a torn retina. Super quiet and accurate. I currently shoot a Bowtech Revolt X - faster, not as quiet, and roughly the same accuracy.

12-Mar-23
I came back to Mathews this year after a several year hiatus. I shot everything I could this year and the Phase 4 just did it for me. My favorite bow is usually the one I’m currently shooting. ;)

12-Mar-23
I had a Drenalin, it was pretty sweet. Many have said the Switchback was the best. The newest one I shot was the No Cam and it didn't wow me. I am currently not shooting a Mathews.

13-Mar-23
Killed many animals between 1998 and 2015 with my MQ1 and still use it as a backup bow. Been shooting a Halon since 2016 and it's not nearly as forgiving as the old MQ1.

13-Mar-23
I've shot Mathews exclusively since 1996. My favorite bow being the Drenalin LD (I still own two of those). That said, bought my first new bow in more than a decade a few weeks ago...and it was not a Mathews. My requirements are minimum axle-to-axle of 33" with a minimum brace height of 7". Mathews does not offer such a hunting bow in my draw length...as the minimum Atlas draw is 29-1/2". I did not intend to leave Mathews, but I was "phased" out by the company. However, the Drenalin LD will remain my backup bow.

13-Mar-23
It really is a personal decision and I’ve owned every model over the last ten years.

My personal standouts are the Z7, NoCam, and V3X. The only bow I did not care for was the Heli-m.

Im still evaluating the Phase-4 and it’s so similar to the V3X that it’s hard to tell them apart. I love the improvement in vibration and quietness.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any Mathews bow. They are a great choice and I love the way they do business. They are a very ethical company and the standard I wish other archery companies would hold themselves to.

13-Mar-23
PAV, look at the Mathews Atlas, it might fit your criteria. I shot two Drenalin LD bows and liked them. Tried another brand for several years then went to an Atlas, and like it a lot.

13-Mar-23
Dale06...I mentioned the Atlas...the minimum draw length was too long for me....

13-Mar-23
Loved my old Q2… but she’s old tech now. Last year I bought a 60# TRX36 for shooting spots and 3D. I’m really digging this bow. If I were looking for a new hunting bow right now, I’d give serious consideration to a 70# TRX34.

13-Mar-23
Mathews currently doesn't make a bow that interests me. I like a longer ATA bow, say 33" or longer. But I need a 50# bow. So no current models fit the bill. I'm not buying a 60# bow and turning it down to 50#. If they made the Image in a longer ATA, I'd be interested.

13-Mar-23
I loved my Z7 and now my son loves it.

13-Mar-23
2007 Drenalin was my best Mathews and is still my backup bow for fly-in trips. Fits in my soft bow case with my Prime Rival.

13-Mar-23
Another vote for the Q2 here. I never should have sold that bow.

13-Mar-23
My favorite was, and still is my Switchback XT. It’s my turkey/backup bow.

13-Mar-23
The Conquest remains my all-time favorite Mathews, although I hunt with my Drenalin.

Matt

13-Mar-23
I still shoot a Q2XL I purchased the last year they made them. I prefer a longer A to A bow and it fits me perfectly. I'm on my second set of limbs.

13-Mar-23
MQ1 and the Q2XL. I wish I still had the MQ1 but I do have 3 XLs. They are just great shooting bows.

13-Mar-23
My favorite Mathews is the

13-Mar-23
Switchback! If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

13-Mar-23
12 yards - go back to your post and look up about one inch :) 50# 34” hunting bow.

13-Mar-23
why do some have there best all time favorite but use a different bow ?

13-Mar-23
Charlie, will never give up my long bows, just thinking of joining a league and need a bow. Picked up a mission eliminator 2 for 100 bucks. Got me thinking of the upper class Mathews and why there are so many choices and watched a video on the Mathews plant, amazing operation. Just wanted to see what the experience shooters like, food for thought I guess.

13-Mar-23
In agreement with Mule Power, Switchback here .

13-Mar-23
WhattheFOC, I could probably live with that bow! All except the price! But yeah, I didn't know they made such a bow. Thanks for the heads up!

13-Mar-23
Feel lucky as I have owned an MQ1, Q2, Drenalin, and now a V3X. All four of these got votes above. Hoping the V3X becomes my favorite.

13-Mar-23
My favorite Mathews is Dave.

—jim

13-Mar-23

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I had you figured for more of a Clay Jr fan, Jim.

13-Mar-23
Switchback xt

14-Mar-23
Switchback XT

14-Mar-23
I have stuck with my MQ1 since they came out. Its quiet, smooth and forgiving. If it ain't broke....

15-Mar-23
Traverse is an amazing bow

15-Mar-23
I haven't shot any other Mathews bow other than my Z-Max for the last 27 years. Figured I would not tempt temptation by shooting a newer one. Bob

15-Mar-23
MQ1,Switchback were some great ones. Still shooting my Z7 keep thinking about getting a new bow and then talk myself out of it because I'm so comfortable with the Z7..

15-Mar-23
I shot everything under the sun with a Switchback XT and still have it. My Bowtech Revolt shoots like a Switchback XT on steroids and that's why I like it. Of course the tuning system is a dream as well on it.

15-Mar-23
"why do some have there best all time favorite but use a different bow ?" Because some have to shoot a new bow every year.

15-Mar-23
I wish I would have never sold my Monster 7 loved that bow

15-Mar-23
Not in my case, PECO. I shot my XT for probably 15+ years, before getting a Mathews Vertix. I’ve had it for 4+ years. I’m a “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” kinda guy.

I don’t have any issues at all, with guys trying a new bow every year. It’s their money, plus lots of guys are just geared that way. They enjoy trying new gear to see if it fits their needs better than something else, as well as tinkering/tuning, etc.

15-Mar-23
Have had my Switchback 60-70 lbs since it came out in 2005. Bought a Switchback XT 50-60 lbs just after it came out . I can buy any how I want and have tried numerous since ,of various brands . Like T-roy said , if it's not broke don't fix it . Have taken numerous deer and bears with these 2 bows. Kind of like hunting with an old friend .

15-Mar-23
I wasn't knocking those who buy new bows every year, good for them.

15-Mar-23
"They enjoy trying new gear to see if it fits their needs better than something else, as well as tinkering/tuning, etc." That's what fishing tackle is for!

15-Mar-23
That’s probably the cheaper route, PECO ;-)

15-Mar-23
Switch Back XT has done me right. Got heavy, picked up the V3 last year had good luck with it. The handle is weak. for a 1000 bow. Come on man. Buy the $75 upgrade, should be included. Lot less weight same size as Switch Back. Well-made bows.

15-Mar-23
Switchback XT was a sweet shooter no doubt!

15-Mar-23
Have owned several. Started with the Ultra Max. Then switchback xt was the winner for 10+ years. My dad actually still hunts with his, even after purchasing the Triax. The Halon 32 was by far my favorite and would still have it today, except, one of my buddies blew it up when he dry fired it. Then purchased a VXR 31.5 and hated it. Shot it for 3 months then switched to Prime.

15-Mar-23
I bought the '05 Switchback for a nice discount in '06. I have not seen any reason to change since. But then I drive a 27 year old truck too.

15-Mar-23
I still have my Switchback XT, smoothest drawing bow ever made. My go-to is the Z7, love that bow, smooth and fairly fast.

15-Mar-23
12yards- check out the TRX models 34,36,38 and 40” ata at 50#

16-Mar-23
I just went home with the Phase 4 this week after deciding to upgrade from my Halon. It is my 4th Mathews (Switchback and z7 as well) and it is a shooter. I was down to it and the Hoyt RX7 and both were so damn nice but the Hoyt was not $600 nicer with that carbon price tag.

I don’t buy a bow every year or shoot every offering that comes out, but after having my Halon for 6 years I was itching for an upgrade.

22-Mar-23
Mathews has a new bow out called the IMAGE ,designed to be shot at 40-50 lbs.I have 3 Switchbacks and have never wanted for more but wanna shoot this bow for comparison.IBO speed is 335 at 50 lbs ,perfect because that’s all I can pull .

22-Mar-23
Best bow is the one l can shoot well. I don’t care who makes it. If you can shoot a few different models before you decide on buying one, all the better.

22-Mar-23
V3X....I’ve never shot better on animals or targets.

Mark

22-Mar-23
Still using a Switchback XT here. Started with a Legacy. Gave the z7 to my son. All are 70 # bows. Getting the-itch for something new in a lower poundage.

22-Mar-23
Switchback XT, hands down. NoGo for me on the NoCam but liked my Halon 6 and Chill.

23-Mar-23
I loved my Switchback XT when I still had it. But it's all subjective. Currently the best Mathews for me personally the is the No Cam HTX. That's because several years ago I experienced a shoulder injury. After healing I could draw the No Cam when I had trouble drawing cam bows. That doesn't mean I think the No Cam is the best Mathews bow; it's just the best for me and my particular situation.

24-Mar-23
Switchback!

06-Apr-23
Switchback XT for me. Still hunting with it!

08-Apr-23
I find it odd that so many mentioned the single cam versions, yet Mathews does not off them anymore. Maybe they should do a retro ( single cam) bow once a year. My most accurate bow I have ever owned was a Q2XL.

08-Apr-23
I don’t like upgrading bows, hell I buy arrows 5-6 dozen at a time out of fear they will change production. I’m still shooting a HeliM for the past 11 years (or however long it’s been since that one came out). I love how small and lightweight the bow is, my only complaint would be it not having as solid of a back wall to hold against as I’d like.

I’ve made my mind up I won’t upgrade until I win a new bow. At our banquet every spring we do a key item auction, 1 in 5 chance at winning a new top of the line bow. I’m now 0 for 6 and spent double the cost of a new bow. I’m too far in at this point, much like the point system for draws out west I gotta see it through until I win. Lol

08-Apr-23
I was hesitant to say that I am still hunting with my SBXT from 2006. I have new stings and she’s tuned to perfection for me. I just shot the VX3 and holding it back and the smoothness is amazing, but I can’t justify the cost to upgrade when I start putting the whole package together.

I would say that the weight of lugging the switchback XT on Kodiak and some Dall sheep hunts it would nice to have less overall weight to lug around on my pack.

08-Apr-23
MathewsMan then look into a Gearhead nice and compact and light. I carry it in a backpack. Not on the outside but inside lol.

08-Apr-23
I usually like the longer A to A bows but for me, the Halon 32-7 and the Traverse are the best.

The ling risers, forgiving brace heights and the cam efficiency make for an awesome crossover combo.

08-Apr-23
That’s awesome Trevor. I love it!

09-Apr-23
conquest 4

09-Apr-23
Thank you

• Sitka Gear