Don T. Lewis 18-Mar-23
Don T. Lewis 18-Mar-23
WV Mountaineer 18-Mar-23
Don T. Lewis 18-Mar-23
tradi-doerr 20-Mar-23
Bigdog 21 21-Mar-23
Missouribreaks 21-Mar-23
15-Mar-23
The National Park Service (NPS) is currently accepting public comment on a proposed rule that would override state law and prohibit certain state-authorized hunting on approximately 20 million acres of National Preserves in Alaska. The NPS proposed rule is based on bogus concerns about public safety and moral opposition to certain hunting that the NPS deems to be non-sporting. Alaska’s Congressional delegation, Governor, and legislature have all expressed opposition to the proposal.

15-Mar-23
Slowly but surely the woke generation of libs will end hunting. Probably not in my lifetime, but certainly in the next couple decades, unless people reject it for the bullshite it is. The cost of hunting ain’t helping either.

15-Mar-23
So much for State rights... they should fight against it tooth and nail... next it will be fishing industry and they will portray a Walt Disney characterization of Alaska.

15-Mar-23
Link?

15-Mar-23

TEmbry's Link

15-Mar-23

TEmbry's Link
If this link doesn’t work you search regulations.gov for “RIN 1024-AE70 to find the proposal and instructions for submitting comments. They buried this one pretty deep likely to avoid much public input.

15-Mar-23

Oryx35's Link
Here is the SCI action alert that makes commenting extra easy:

15-Mar-23
Thanks for the link Oryx35. Done…

15-Mar-23
Thx as well.

15-Mar-23
No guns…no hunting….oh well, at least we don’t have any mean tweets

15-Mar-23
Don’t forget January 6th beendare…..

Gotta get as much mileage outta nothing as we can

16-Mar-23
The only thing that made me nervous was the small blurp on NPS about not accepting bulk responses (which makes me wonder if they group SCI pre formatted responses in that group). Definitely an uphill battle up north. Weird that Alaska is treated so uniquely when it comes to federal overreach. They don’t exercise this level of muscle flexing anywhere else to my knowledge. Possibly because we have more freedoms than other states when it comes to outdoor lifestyles. I recommend that those willing submit comments directly through NPS as well as utilize SCI’s tool for comment to the local rep

16-Mar-23
This is what happens when you don't pushback and question authority.

We've all been conditioned and brainwashed since childhood to obey...

16-Mar-23
From the pdf referred to in the first link -

"SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION : On January 9, 2023, the National Park Service (NPS) published in the Federal Register (88 FR 1176) a proposed rule that would amend regulations for sport hunting and trapping in national preserves in Alaska. The proposed rule would prohibit certain harvest practices, including bear baiting; prohibit predator control or predator reduction on national preserves; and clarify the regulatory definition of trapping. The public comment period for this proposal is scheduled to close on Friday, March 10, 2023. In order to give the public additional time to review and comment on the proposal, the NPS is extending the public comment period until Monday, March 27, 2023. Comments previously submitted on the proposed rule need not be resubmitted, as they will be fully considered in preparing the final rule. Shannon Estenoz, Assistant Secretary, for Fish and Wildlife and Parks. [FR Doc. 2023–04981 Filed 3–9–23; 8:45 am"

18-Mar-23
More BS from this administration. I also heard that they recently had a hearing in Washington over the seaborne windmills. It seems that they are causing problems with radar systems. Military, coast guard, and commercial fishermen are concerned. Just waiting to see how the press spins this one. Probably will just ignore it.

18-Mar-23
To give you an idea of how incredibly important these actions are, consider this. One of the rules would prohibit the use of "artificial light" when "denning" for bears. This is not a common practice, but it is practiced by the Koyukon Athabaskan people at times. This rule would disallow the designated Native from using a flashlight while in the bear den!

Also consider this.... the estimated AVERAGE ANNUAL TAKE OF BEARS BY DENNING IN ALL OF ALASKA is TWO! Probably not the urgent problem as espoused by NPS.

These rules are NOT even vaguely about conservation. They are about taking wildlife management authority away from the State of Alaska and giving it to anti-hunting employees of the federal government.

Pete

18-Mar-23
I thought they just wanted to end hunting in my state. But alaska.!? Today they are pushing vegan and plant-based foods. Who’s making the big money on that one. George Soros? Who does he support politically? It makes you wonder. Hunting and fishing licenses are on the decline in my state. Kids just don’t get a shot gun for Christmas anymore these days. You would think with meat prices on the rise in the supermarkets and quality of those prepackaged meets going down. That maybe more people would start getting back into hunting. Wild meat it higher in healthiness and quality.

18-Mar-23
I thought they just wanted to end hunting in my state. But alaska.!? Today they are pushing vegan and plant-based foods. Who’s making the big money on that one. George Soros? Who does he support politically? It makes you wonder. Hunting and fishing licenses are on the decline in my state. Kids just don’t get a shot gun for Christmas anymore these days. You would think with meat prices on the rise in the supermarkets and quality of those prepackaged meets going down. That maybe more people would start getting back into hunting. Wild meat it higher in healthiness and quality.

18-Mar-23
Pete. Thank you. That personal knowledge and the way you wrote it makes it priceless education on the subject.

I love it.

18-Mar-23
They did the same thing with the Bear hunt in N.J. It used to be up to the authority of fish game when a Bear Hunt will be scheduled. Now it’s up to the governor of the state. Doesn’t even make sense. Why even have a fish and game.

20-Mar-23
Here's a direct link to the comments page, https://www.regulations.gov/commenton/NPS-2023-0001-0001.

Don't forget to put NPS and the docket number.

21-Mar-23
My mom told me many years ago. Computers will destroy everything, I think she was pretty close to being right. It puts everything out there for everyone to see. Yes even pic on bowsite. Face book. tv shows don't help either specially in a country that only 5% of population hunts. I read a poll that 60% of population are agents trophy hunting. And that's what hunting has become. Only 2% need to hunt for food. Time I payed for a hunting trip for a elk I could probably get two cows from the butcher Is the way they see it. All this is out there to read the majority is tired of seeing it. If we don't change the way we hunt. They will change it for us.

21-Mar-23
This is what happens when some hunters vote for the same president and administration that is also 100% supported by PETA, HSUS, ASPCA and all other anti hunting organizations. Are you one of those hunters ? Be honest.

• Sitka Gear