Rut Nut 27-Mar-23
Jaquomo 27-Mar-23
APauls 27-Mar-23
Quinn @work 27-Mar-23
16-Mar-23

cnelk's Link
And wolves havent been re-introduced yet - see link

16-Mar-23
It's like Montana in the 90's. Good luck.

16-Mar-23
Just wait till they dump an other 250 out across the state…. What an absolute disaster this will be for our wildlife, livestock, pets, and people…

16-Mar-23
Joe Rogans guest yesterday was Cliff Gray, outfitter, guide. They talk about the CO wolf release. Worth a listen

16-Mar-23
Should see where the votes for reintroduction are from and relocate the wolves there.

16-Mar-23
SSS is not and never will be effective...

16-Mar-23
^^^ only because of tracking collars...

16-Mar-23
Trapping and poison are the 2 most effective means of controlling/reducing wolf populations historically. I don’t see either of them ever being a viable option in Colorado.

Once introduced, this unfortunately will be an irreversible catastrophe given the political landscape in Colorado.

16-Mar-23
WY's management plan seems to have some effect. Outside the park shoot on sight.

Those collared wolves have zero fear of humans, both those dogs were killed within easy bowshot of homes. Instead the government offers free "Living with wolves" pamphlets. Cool. Like when they tell folks in cities to leave their cars unlocked so they don't break your windows out when they strip them. Because even if we catch them ripping you off, we aren't going to stop them much less arrest them.

People who live behind security fences and gates always offer up free advice on how YOU should just learn to live with crime.

Translation.... it's not my dogs that were killed.... YOU should learn to live with it.

16-Mar-23
Cheese head is correct. living in north central Wisconsin and spending as much time as I do outdoors, I would have had maybe 2 legitimate chances to take a wolf out if had chosen to do so. I see plenty of them, but it is not as easy as some would think to actually get a shot at one. The only way to put a dent in the population would be with trapping or running them with dogs. I do feel there is a place for them and do not want them eliminated but controlled at a level that is socially acceptable and a level that does not put other species in decline.

Solo

16-Mar-23

16-Mar-23
Cheesehead Mike is correct. Hunters will never have enough opportunities to SSS to make a difference. Every little bit helps so if you get the chance by all means you should take it. The shit is about to hit the fan in Colorado. Those who have only read about it are going to be in for a big ugly surprise. My question is which state are they already talking about for the next reintroduction?

There are wolves all over Montana and Wyoming yet most elk and deer hunters have never even seen one.

16-Mar-23

drycreek's embedded Photo
This is what we put up with on a daily basis
drycreek's embedded Photo
This is what we put up with on a daily basis
The wolf proponents should take heed of Texas’ failure to control feral swine when they had the chance. That milestone is behind us now and has been for some time. Wolves will eventually be commonplace where they were introduced and in all neighboring states. The libs won’t bitch about them until their kids get taken out of their backyards.

16-Mar-23

Bow Bullet's Link
Kennym - Proposition 114 passed by less than 60,000 out of more than 3,000,000 votes. It failed in 50 of 63 counties but the brilliant minds of Denver and Boulder Counties produced about 190,000 more "yes" votes than "no" votes (120,000 and 70,000 respectively).

16-Mar-23
Thats where the wolves need to be stocked then since they want them...

I'd bet the other 11 counties are city folks too.

16-Mar-23

spike buck's embedded Photo
If a collared wolf is shot, the collar will give an instant mortality signal. They can pin point the exact spot as to where the last signal came from. Then the investigation starts and the USFW service gets involved... not worth SSS

16-Mar-23
I wonder what the compensation is for a well trained hired hand (cattle dog)

Yeah. Yeah. I know. The CPW has already determined that amount.

Ask the rancher if it’s enough

16-Mar-23
Wait I was at the meetings I thought wolves only killed the weak and sick elk and deer.

16-Mar-23
The guys at stuck in the rut kill a bunch every year. If there were 100 more as deadly as them, sss would work beyond anyone’s comprehension. Just sayin’…. Not arguing because the time needed to make hunting them effective is something only a few have.

16-Mar-23
Well, as of right now, CPW has removed any discussion of ever allowing hunting in CO regardless of population. The pro wolfers stance is that the ballot issue that passed has wording that cements that. The CPW either agrees or sees enough validity that they edited their wolf plan a couple weeks ago to remove all the references to recreation hunting in the future. Maybe to put off legal battles until later but they work for the Governor and his husband is an extreme animal rights activist so...

16-Mar-23
We will never be able to hunt wolves in Colorado

16-Mar-23
Spike Buck not to worry. You rarely see just one so let the one with the collar live. Alone.

How long do you think it would take the USFWS to show up after a wolf was killed? On tv it was a week which is probably not to far off. Lol

Or float the collar down a river on a piece of driftwood. Lol

16-Mar-23
A buddy of mine told me to get rid of coyotes he would used Bacon grease soaked sponges.

16-Mar-23
A buddy of mine told me to get rid of coyotes he would used Bacon grease soaked sponges.

16-Mar-23
Back in the day 1080 was popular. I’m sure it will make a comeback

16-Mar-23
azelkhntr, not a defeatist attitude, but rather a realistic attitude. I'm not sure how long you have lived and hunted in a state that has areas that are overrun with wolves but I have lived and hunted in Wisconsin most of my 62 years and wolves have been out of control for about 20 years in some areas I hunt. Bottom line is I have a lot of experience hunting in areas that have some of the highest wolf populations in the lower 48. During my lifetime of hunting those areas I've only seen a handful of wolves within shooting range. With chance encounters being so rare, if SSS is practiced by every single individual on every single chance encounter, the number of wolves eliminated would not make a dent in the population. The vast majority of people will not kill a protected wolf mainly because it's illegal and others may not due to the risk of severe penalties. Illegal methods will never be effective due to low participation.

The only way to effectively manage and control wolf populations is through a legal organized hunting and trapping season with liberal quotas. In our last legal wolf season in Wisconsin 219 wolves were killed in about 3 days before the season was halted due to the quota being met. The reasons for the high kill in such a short amount of time was due to the large wolf population, the use of hounds and the fact that thousands of hunters were chomping at the bit for an opportunity to participate in a legal wolf hunt. You'll never see anywhere near that level of participation or commitment by those who would practice SSS under the radar.

16-Mar-23
Cheesehead hit it right on. The same thing here in Minnesota. Most of the wolves killed were by trappers - not hunters.

My experience is right on track with him as well. I began deer hunting in 1973 and spend a LOT of hours every year hunting - archery, rifle, muzzle loader - and have had very few opportunities at wolves. Most of my hunting is big woods along swamps and very thick cover with wolf sign everywhere.

I have them on my game cameras every year - many times during daylight hours.

Where I do my 3 mile walk every day (beginning as soon as the snow melts) until I head out west elk hunting, I find piles of wolf scat --- ALWAYS full of deer hair. I used to collect shed antlers and put on a lot of miles walking - always wolf tracks almost never see them.

16-Mar-23
Mule Power, GPS info is immediate. They immediately know where the mortality ping came from. They are funded by the millions of dollars donated by animal rights groups. In Minnesota for example, there are researchers always at the ready to find the collared wolf. Some wolves are found the next day after the mortality signal . They like to be there before snow covers evidence. Its amazing the money they spend on the wolves.

16-Mar-23

Thornton's embedded Photo
507 yards, my buddy never heard the shot half a mile away. My understanding was the locators don't send a mortality signal for a certain amount of time?

16-Mar-23

Thorton, collar on this wolf gave a mortality signal on a Friday, wolf was found next day. Activity in the snow told them what happened to the wolf. Turned out wolf was killed by another wolf. They can tell when a wolf slept, caught an animal etc. If a collar was put on a log, they would know, but the site where wolf died would still be pinged. As they study the movement of the collar. Like I said they are funded by rich donors. I follow these groups as I like to know what they are up to.... keep tabs on those who want to do harm to my business.

16-Mar-23
Trapping is illegal in CO, by the same voters who voted for wolves.

So there's that...

16-Mar-23
Where is the resident Kansas wolf expert on this thread?

16-Mar-23
That leftwinger know it all that claims the Ksflatlander handle? IDK. I was gone a few weeks and was elated to not see his blabbering mouth on here when I got back on.

16-Mar-23
I wonder if any of the Prowolfers showed up at the Federal J10 rule meeting tonight in Walden?? I heard that there was a big pot of boiling tar and a huge pile of chicken feathers just outside the front door. Wonder what that was for???

17-Mar-23

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
This sign greets folks as they enter the Walden area.

17-Mar-23
Who cares!

17-Mar-23
It always surprises me when Pat allows posts advocating illegal activities to stay up on his site.

The most telling thing I’ve seen on this one is the story about wolves on an island killing off the entire deer population and pivoting to eating Sea Otters.

All of the Pro-Predator propaganda assumes that the “balance of nature” is some kind of day-to-day homeostasis. An imperturbable Eden where aged or sick prey animals succumb willingly to the predators and older predators die peacefully in their sleep.

No boom-and-bust cycles in Paradise. And now we live on a continent which is a veritable powder-keg of prey animals. No question that we’ll see a predator Boom on the scale that we’ve seen elsewhere. It’s going to be interesting to see how low we are willing to see the prey base go before providing any relief.

Wonder how it’s going to work out, too, when RMNP is depopulated of Elk and all of the easy hunting has moved down into Estes…

17-Mar-23
In the early 2000s i elk hunted MT just north of Yellowstone. Wolves were everywhere and i could have killed them with my bow every year but they were protected. I thought it was awesome seeing them. One year the rancher who owned part of the land we were hunting stopped at camp and told us about all the sheep he'd lost in the last few days. There were sharpshooters flying in helicopters shooting wolves but if he shot any he would be in trouble. He said to gut shoot any collared wolves so that when it finally dies it was hopefully a long way from his place. I was like no way im doing that, but it made sense to me why he would want them dead. That would be a miserable way to go but if i lived out there now and had my dog killed, I wouldn't hesitate!

17-Mar-23
The rancher who’s dogs were killed is a friend. He’s a solid guy with a straight up, deal with whatever shakes out attitude. This is gut punch for him. Loves his dogs. We aren’t even dealing with the drop shipped wolves yet. If they get near my horses or dogs I’ll turn into the mad scientist. People that pay taxes, own property or have an address on the western slope should be the only valid votes for this kind of clown show that it’s turned into. Venting

17-Mar-23
Very good Einstein. But you forgot to mention the elimination of hunting. Interesting you forgot that.

17-Mar-23
^^^ He doesn't hunt Mule. Just a political troll.

17-Mar-23
All you have to do is read the following: New Report Outlines Blueprint for Rewilding American West Proposal Would Restore Wolves, Beavers to Federal Lands in Western States as reported by The Center for Biodiversity.

SAN FRANCISCO— A first-of-its-kind analysis by 20 leading scientists has identified a network of 11 federally owned reserves where wolves and beavers could be restored across the western United States. Restoring these keystone species could also improve degraded habitat relied on by 92 threatened and endangered species, including the Gunnison sage-grouse and the New Mexico meadow jumping mouse.

The report, called Rewilding the American West, shows that gray wolves and North American beavers provide invaluable benefits to the ecosystem, including drought relief and stream restoration. It describes how restoring these two species, and ending livestock grazing on federal public lands, would have wide-ranging benefits for degraded ecosystems there.

The report also comes as the Biden administration pursues its “America the Beautiful Plan,” which aims to conserve 30% of U.S. land and water by 2030.

“We’re deeply inspired by this compelling report advocating for the rewilding of the West,” said Amaroq Weiss, senior wolf advocate at the Center for Biological Diversity. “We know from our own prior analysis that there are at least 530,000 square miles of suitable wolf habitat in the U.S. but only about a third of it has any wolves. This new report supports our findings and goes even further, advising how countless other threatened and endangered species would benefit from restoring both wolves and beavers to these landscapes.”

Even though livestock grazing on public lands is pervasive in the western U.S., only 2% of national meat production comes from all federal lands where livestock grazing is allowed. Grazing harms streams and wetlands, changes fire regimes, inhibits the growth of woody species that many wildlife use for food, and threatens an already warming planet in the form of greenhouse gas emissions. The report states that mining, logging, and oil and gas drilling also threaten the survival of many species on public lands.

The report analyzed large areas of potential gray wolf habitat on federal lands in Western states and identified potential wildlife pathways between them to create a Western Rewilding Network. ( from Canada to Mexico)The report then inventoried those threatened and endangered plant and animal species with at least 10% of their ranges within the identified network. It showed that 92 threatened and endangered species across nine taxonomic groups — including fish, birds, insects, flowering plants and more — reside in the network area.

These species would benefit greatly from ending livestock grazing, recovering gray wolves and reintroducing beavers to suitable habitat within the network. Having wolves back on the landscape would assist in natural control of native ungulates like elk and deer, which are overabundant. Reducing native ungulate numbers could help restore the vegetation that other native species need to thrive. Similarly, having beavers back would restore the ecological functioning of riparian areas along creeks and rivers, which provide habitat for up to 70% of wildlife species.

“We’re at a crossroads that demands bold action to save life on Earth,” said Weiss, “And that means setting aside vast swaths of land and restoring the natural processes and native species that kept those places vibrant and healthy for eons.”

17-Mar-23
Paul - you should print that out and stand on the street corner in Walden and hand out copies

17-Mar-23
S#3 is the important one.

17-Mar-23
What?

I apologize to everyone here for poking the bees nest.

17-Mar-23
I like Walden and Paul and I and Brad should go to a bar there and hand that out! Sometimes I'm glad I'm as old as I am! I tell ya...

17-Mar-23
And on top of that this winter in northern Minnesota is not letting up! I'm going to fix a drink.

17-Mar-23

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Saw this sponsored ad on Facebook today. Raising more money for lawsuits to end hunting.

17-Mar-23
Mule you have no idea. At one of the Colorado meetings in Denver a pro wolfer was bragging about having wolf Wednesday fundraisers and that they already had several million raised to take CPW to court if they allow any hunting of wolves in Colorado

17-Mar-23
:A buddy of mine told me to get rid of coyotes he would used Bacon grease soaked sponges."

Harder to get the raw material these days to go the traditional route, but just one washed up whale would produce a significant supply.

Baleen Wolf Killer....

17-Mar-23
Walking Buffalo

what??

17-Mar-23
One washed up whale in Colorado would feed a lot of wolves...

17-Mar-23
It would be a rare occurrence but when it happens the wolves are set for a long time

17-Mar-23
"we will provide food to keep these wolves happy" And here I thought the intentional feeding of wildlife was illegal! Oh wait, they will just go up to Walden and open some rancher's cattle gate. I did a second check of this wolf caged site. Rings for food for the caged up "wolves".

17-Mar-23
It's a native device from the western arctic. A tightly folded strip of boiled baleen is bound up in a size small enough to swallow. During digestion it straightens itself puncturing intestines and organs.

17-Mar-23
Just mildly irrelevant…

Safe bet that CPW would suspect foul play if they found any baleen . Or similar.

17-Mar-23
I'm going a bit out on a limb here, but I would say the problem isn't so much reintroduction, but lack of management. The problem in CO won't be as much the wolves as libtards preventing hunting them until far too much damage has occurred. When wolves have been reintroduced in other states, the libtard environs kept moving the goalposts for active management, and it took way longer to actively manage (read hunt and trap) them than it should have. CO is going to be in big trouble because the libs in Denver probably hate hunting and hunters and will fight wolf management by hunting and trapping. Hunting wolves all winter actually opens up another hunting season, and teaches them to fear and avoid humans - really important for such effective apex predators. Until then, hopefully the first people wolves kill will be liberals.

Btw, if you want to see some evidence of wolf damage (warning, it will probably turn your stomach), the next time you're driving by Darby Montana, go to the sporting goods store there and look at the wall of shame - pics of wolf kills of everything but wild ungulates - horses, dogs, you name it. You can't let a dog off leash in the wilds of Montana or it will end up dead.

17-Mar-23
Good post, WT.

17-Mar-23
Corax- You sound like a Left winger. I don't think you understand how easy it is to off something and nobody the wiser. My rancher friend had his dog shot with a high power a few hundred yards from his house, and dumped with a pile of road hunted coyotes up the road. Multiple folks and a Facebook alert that generated thousands of shares and we still don't know who did it.

17-Mar-23
"Walking Buffalo what??"

"It's a native device from the western arctic. A tightly folded strip of boiled baleen is bound up in a size small enough to swallow. During digestion it straightens itself puncturing intestines and organs."

An 6-10 strip of baleen, with ends cut to a point, is folded into a 2" bundle, tied together with a piece of sinew and then placed in a small piece of meat.

An ingenious traditional Indigenous technique used to manage bears and wolves. Likely much more widespread in historical use than just the Arctic.

In the past, even thousands of years ago, people just didn't live with wolves and bears without lethal means to control the predator population for Human safety and to protect Human food supplies.

18-Mar-23

Bigdog 21's embedded Photo
Bigdog 21's embedded Photo
So many people are preach to that the large game and cows are bad for are environment. And the only way to save it is the wolf. Here is a teach teaching are kids to eat bugs because cows are bad. Then there's the thought down the road if the wolf is successful at it job combined with hunting will it leed to protection of other animals because low numbers? Just a thought.

18-Mar-23
The wolf huggers have officially lost their minds. Lol wtf did you just say Wolf21???

18-Mar-23
"If you think about it a piece of sponge will work just like a piece of rigged baleen. Fold a few 2-0 fishhooks in a bacon greased sponge and Bob's your uncle. "

People like you and WB are the very reason there are zealous anti-hunting people.

If you need to kill an animal (any) then kill it and be done...don't torture it to death. Trap it and shoot it, snare it or shoot it over bait. What you suggest is cruel, and completely without honor.

What a moron.

18-Mar-23
Maybe this question has been asked. Seems like this thread and every thread has gone off the rails.

Did Greg Sykes take the time to go and vote against the wolf reintroduction?

18-Mar-23
Again guys. S#3

18-Mar-23
Interesting how all the "commit a felony and run like hell before the law arrives" guys are from other states.

18-Mar-23
They won't collar um all. Dead wolves r the only good ones. Find a way.

18-Mar-23
"People like you and WB are the very reason there are zealous anti-hunting people.

If you need to kill an animal (any) then kill it and be done...don't torture it to death. Trap it and shoot it, snare it or shoot it over bait. What you suggest is cruel, and completely without honor.

What a moron."

Perhaps this conversation is too emotional for you. Claiming I'm the type of person that created zealous anti-hunters exemplifies your lack of critical thinking. You're acting no different that those desiring Walt Disney to be in charge of Wildlife Management, you are not thinking it through

I present to you information that can help prove large predators have always been lethally managed by humans, until now. Historical knowledge, particularly the romanticized pre-settlement civilization is important and influential to many.

Without lethal management, uncontrolled wolf populations will cause many animals to suffer excruciating deaths and non-lethal wounds. Those are OK with you while a wolf suffering for a day is too much? View the whole picture.

What I am presenting is not a call to physically use these wolf killers, it is to use the knowledge, to educate equivalency. Extreme actions beget extreme reactions. Don't lose sight of where the exaggeration originated.

18-Mar-23
^this

18-Mar-23
“Interesting how all the ‘commit a felony and run like hell before the law arrives’ guys are from other states.”

ROFLMAO….

Once again, Lou gets straight to the point. With all those trail-cams out there, it’s probably impossible to pass through an area without leaving a time & GPS- stamped likeness of yourself in the immediate vicinity of just about ANYTHING…

18-Mar-23
“Interesting how all the ‘commit a felony and run like hell before the law arrives’ guys are from other states.”

It's really easy to "talk" about doing illegal things. Not many have the balls to follow through and the ones that do have the balls usually have enough brains to keep it to themselves. The best way to keep a secret is to not tell anyone.

No wolves in PA yet and I hope there never will be. I wish you all dealing with them in CO and elsewhere all the best. It sounds like a terrible situation.

18-Mar-23
WB, it's not too emotional for me..hell, I spent a few years doing depredation work.. couldn't tell you how many coyotes I've put down, but it's probably in the several hundred range. I've snared 'em, trapped 'em and shot bunches coming into a call.

Yes, man has always had to control predators in order to protect our food sources, and they did it likely the only way they found to be effective. Today we have rifles that can reach out 1000 yds, we have very effective and efficient snares and traps. That, and we have incredible technology today that is available to assist.

What AZ suggests is pure f'n cruelty, and nothing more. Could you just imagine how the wolf preservationists (and the press) would react if a wolf turned up dead when the fishhooks it ingested caused a septic infection in it's gut that took two weeks to kill it? The anti's would have their martyr, and they'd use it (like a club) to get even further restrictions on wolf control.

'Nuff said.

18-Mar-23
S#3

18-Mar-23
Traps and snares know not what they catch. They just catch it. Deer, moose, etc…. While a foothold trap and snare are very humane, the inability to predict a perfect front pad snag or a perfect choke out snare catch makes it no less ethical than options used by earlier cultures.

The outsiders suggesting things might be blow hards. Or, they might be tired of dealing with man made problems created by living around too many people. And full of experience on ways of handling those problems.

Who knows. One thing is for sure. You can keep taking it on the chin or you can give some fight back. It’s an individual choice. But, I wouldn’t assume I knew what another man was capable or willing to in order to protect something he holds dear to his soul.

18-Mar-23
Azelkhunter, "smart" doesn't include posting the intent to do such things on an internet forum. No sense leaving your devices if you post plans online. Lol. As I say: S#3

18-Mar-23
Interesting in deed; ways to eliminate wolves. At one of the recent CPW Commission wolf meetings, one prowolfer testified/ quoted from a few hunting websites like Bowsite.com, the exact language many of you are expressing for illegally killing of wolves. I am sure your names are being recorded. Big Brother is watching because you make it so easy.

18-Mar-23
Omg Pat nuke that guy!

18-Mar-23

19-Mar-23
At least TBM was an innocent harmless kinda stupid. You’re more of a plain old azh0le.

19-Mar-23
Our problem is with feral horse lovers here. Maybe we can borrow some wolves to take care of these water-hole stomping sunsabitches. That said, we've had excitable saying that we have wolves in the north part of the state. Our sensible biologists are suggesting they are just large coyotes. I would suggest shooting any coyote that is not wearing a collar if identified as such. Keep to yourself.

19-Mar-23
Wow.

19-Mar-23
Why not shoot them with crossbows when they find the bolt, your to 2 problem solved. ;))

19-Mar-23
Unless it dies on private property!! USFW has all the time and resources at their finger tips to catch a poacher. Killing a wolf out of season or when they are on an endangered species list, it is a Federal Offense (USFW). So many things to watch when you poach. (poach), That's what its called when you kill a wolf out of season or when there is no season for the animal you killed.

19-Mar-23
Steve Herbeck of Stevens Point Wisconsin joked openly about killing wolves with out tags. Just so happened that one of his listeners to his hatred on wolves was a USFW agent. In 2012 he was charged with violations pertaining to illegal wolf kills. Lost his business and total fines $72,000.00. Just not worth it!! If your endorsing killing an animal illegally, then you are a poacher!!

19-Mar-23
Azelkhunter so you're not really a secret squirrel operative until the Deep State has you on the top secret secret squirrel registry?

19-Mar-23
Yes someone is always listening. In the early 80’s I was in a college biology program in Minnesota. A fellow grad student was doing a wolf internship with David Meech, a renowned wolf biologist. When he came back he could name many local well known wolf haters I grew up with in my hometown area several hundred miles away. He said they know most of the people and we’re watching/waiting to catch them. Was pretty eye opening. Best to shut up

19-Mar-23
Or "speak softly and carry a big stick"

19-Mar-23
Like big ol piece of hemlock?

19-Mar-23
A top level CPW biologist told me numerous CPW staffers and WCOs check in on the Bowsite every morning. I have met WCOs in the field who are also bowhunters who lurk on here regularly but aren't allowed to post. One I met in the field who knew who I was after he checked my license, and we shared stories about some of the idiotic posts and posters.

19-Mar-23
I snowmobiled into the backcountry yesterday along the Colo/Wyo border.

Saw some wolf tracks and less moose than usual.

19-Mar-23
CPW is also on MonsterMuleys and Rokslide on a consistent basis.

19-Mar-23
Yeah Dave, or ash. Something strong, light and straight grained.

20-Mar-23
You gotta be trolling. Like that would only target wolves and not somebody's dog or other animals. Regarding the wolf... regardless one's opinion of them using a cruel inhumane method to kill them marks you as a grade A azzhole. You're a piece of sh#t low life

20-Mar-23
"The wolves in CO are not recognized as 'game animals'. There are no plans in the distant future to make them so. Since they are not then they cannot be 'poached' per se. "

Wow. Your legal advice is just as good as all of your other ideas!

20-Mar-23
You know my stance on wolves. But that’s just wrong! A wolf has nothing against us. There’s no intent to cause us problems. They’re just being wolves. To even think of doing something like that is sickening. Between this and your total disregard for human life on the Ukraine thread there really is something very wrong with you. Can’t live without the attention I guess. I’m guessing some type of traumatic childhood experience.

20-Mar-23
This super-majority Dem Legislature is not interested in overturning any citizen referendum. There have been at least 12 bills introduced to overturn the bear hunting initiative. None made it out of committee.

20-Mar-23
If a miracle happened and a bill made it to the governor, he would veto it faster than a wolf could kill a newborn fawn.

20-Mar-23
They don't need to kill em . I listened to several wolves eating a doe live 100 yds from my house. She was squealing and and screaming as they ate her alive. Nothing left but crumbs.

20-Mar-23
Too bad you couldn’t get that on decent video with some high-quality audio. Might change a few minds…. Or at least provide a Reality Check

20-Mar-23

Glunt@work's Link
Plenty of wolf kills on the net.

21-Mar-23
Read the comments in Glunt's video. This is the mindset we're dealing with.

21-Mar-23
I hate to see videos like that but buck could've been hit by vehicle. We saw a deer run across right in front of a vehicle and get hit. Hour later 2 wolves were feeding on it in ditch.

21-Mar-23
As hard as that video is to watch. As we all know well, It’s a brutal part of nature. But often goes unseen.

We can’t begrudge animals of their natural instincts. There are far more gruesome and graphic videos of humans doing worse to other humans.

Humans are by far the most barbaric animal on the planet. And I’m no flaming hippie liberal anti human. Just a person that has observed humans at their worst.

But this doesn’t mean I want wolves dropped off behind my house either :>)))

21-Mar-23
I will say if I had a home are business anywhere in are around the forest I would be watching a different wolf .. UN and go green. Wants it all back to nature.

21-Mar-23
"You live in Penn. We who live here in the intermountain west don't need your WASP city boy opinions and feelings about how we choose to live."

I can't speak for Mule Power but I can promise you that not everyone from PA is a "WASP city boy". I can also promise you that where I'm from in PA if you start throwing around insults in person you might be carrying your teeth home in your pocket or at least be prepared to defend those choppers.

I'd be an idiot if I said that everyone from CO was a dope smoking, hippie, tree hugger but I'm not an idiot so I wouldn't say that. PA and CO have their share of a-holes and good people just like everywhere else I imagine. I'll choose to try to be a good person.

I'll say it again, I feel truly sorry for those of you dealing with the wolf problem and problems to come.

21-Mar-23
Like Charlie Daniels sang years ago “Just go ahead and lay your hands on a Pittsburg Steelers Fan and I think finally understand”.

Can’t remember the song but I think I know what he’s talking about.

21-Mar-23
Yeah I've known a few PA guys, loggers, miners, steel workers, and farmers. Not exactly panty-waist types.

21-Mar-23
Smh….I don’t consider myself a very smart person, but every now and then someone like azelkhntr comes along and the feel like I have an IQ of a hundred and eighty ****ing five.

22-Mar-23
Headline: "Hunting Website is a training camp for endangered species eradication" . Leader: "While hunters often try to justify their cruel pastime as 'natural' and 'humane' citing their love of nature and adherence to ethical standards for quick clean, almost painless kills, a simple glance at a popular bowhunting website reveals the ugly truth. Hunters gleefully share macabre methods for removing natural predators from the ecosystem. Tips like fish hooks buried in meat, hamburger with ground glass, frankfurters soaked in antifreeze, grease soaked spnges are shared in a camo clad. Wildlife hating terrorist training cell. Imagine the horror of bears, raccoons, wolves, pet dogs and cats, eagles hawks owls and weasels, writhing in agony as they die " .....well guys you get the picture. There is potential for a bit of negative spin here from the antihunting crowd.

22-Mar-23
Fuzzy.... you hit the 12 Ring

The antihunters could not have created a better front man than azzelk if they tried.

22-Mar-23
Bluedog I'm starting to suspect that's exactly what he is

22-Mar-23
There's a difference between "don't tread on me" and "look at me I'm a cockroach"

22-Mar-23
Don't think so...I think he's just a sad never did and never was little old man who bought a keyboard where he's safe to spew crap

22-Mar-23
Fuzzy’s not wrong. Throw in his references to the maltreatment of “Aryan males” in modern-day US, and it’s not going to be reported that he’s wearing the world’s first 5-layer tinfoil hat, but that everyone here is a misogynist Nazi Sympathizer….

22-Mar-23
So..... why aren't there hunters logging into these anti-hunting and anti-gun groups to give them a bad image?

22-Mar-23
Catscratch, doesn't matter because the media is all-in for their side. Any bad pub gets swept under the carpet.

Our CO governor appointed a hardcore animal rights vegan who openly hated farmers and ranchers, to the State Veterinary Board. Then she was arrested for animal cruelty for basically keeping a bird torture dungeon in her basement, and slowly starving them to death in several feet of bird poop. Got a little bit of press on the back pages, then went away quickly.

Meanwhile, around the same time, the pro-hunting (bowhunter) head of the CPW made a slightly questionable joke about a female black staffer in a meeting, which made front page headlines. He was attacked by the woke mob and the media, lost his job and career. He was a good guy who said something in jest, that the woman used as a major social statement, branding him as a racist bigot, when it should have been laughed off.

22-Mar-23
Jaquomo, I've witnessed a lot of what you're talking about. I truly wish the media wasn't so biased. It's crazy what some people get away with and what other don't just based on who they like and who they don't. Our media and political cancel culture is right on par with Jr High mean girls tactics.

I've looked at some of the pro-wolf sites. Some of what they say about fellow humans is disturbing, yet they get no repercussions. I'm not sure one of us could log in and say something against a human that they would find intolerable.

22-Mar-23
Call me a whacko or extremists or whatever you want. But I literally have to laugh out loud at his post. He post some pretty far out there morbid stuff. But even after everyone just rails the heck out him. Enough to make anyone I know crawl into a hole and never be heard from again. He just keeps plugging away. I guess what made me laugh it that I can picture him sitting there drawing "the steamboat spring" just after getting railed all to heck about the "wood woof rig"

23-Mar-23
What I am curious about is why Azelkhntr is even tolerated as a member on this site. Seriously.

Are my morals and values as a hunter really that far out of line in today's world? I'm just a site member; been one since '98. Az, IMO your posts make the whole place stink, and if it was my choice I'd tell you to GTFOff the site and never return.

JMHO

23-Mar-23
I don’t mind killing outright. But hopefully most of us are not into torturing animals.

Animals and young kids are the only innocent creatures on the earth. Both do what nature tells them to do.

We shouldn’t hold hostility and cruelty towards them.

Now adult humans. That is another story.

23-Mar-23
Seems like some have been banned from this site for a lot less than this crap. Why don’t the moderators do something about it?

23-Mar-23
Mike B times 2! Probably more like times 2000….

23-Mar-23
"Seems like some have been banned from this site for a lot less than this crap."

Guess times change.... I remember once being banned for suggesting Rush was a draft dodger and had no gonads. LOL

23-Mar-23
An internet forum can censor anything and anyone they want, "free speech" does not apply here. If forums are not moderated topics will drift and civil discourse will not be possible. In case you (azelkhunter) are unclear about why many here would like you banned, I'll spell it out. We don't want to be associated with someone like you. I'd be glad to just ignore most of your drivel but I don't want to be equated with or seen to be condoning by silence certain themes in your posts. These are 1) Aryan/white supremacy. 2) Antisemitism 3) Wanton animal cruelty. A person can be conservative, self sufficient, proud of their personal heritage and hunting pursuits but humane and tolerant as well. Your posts do not reflect these ethics and I will not condone them by silence. Honestly I've messaged a site Admin and suggested your removal for these reasons. Since they have yet to remove your account I feel compelled to call you out on your nastier statements.

23-Mar-23
Yep. Some days just checking in here can make you feel Unclean. I’m actually surprised that there’s no legal liability associated with tolerating some of this crap. Pretty good bet that it’s a quick way to find your way onto a watch list….

23-Mar-23
I imagine some kid thinking about trying hunting and archery .. outdoor sport ...and finding Bowsite and then reading this crap... doubt he or she will want to be associated with the likes of azzelk. I don't and am not and neither are any hunters I know.

24-Mar-23
“Wolves can only fulfill their ecological role if their family groups are intact and not disrupted by human persecution," said Delia G. Malone, wildlife chair for Colorado Sierra Club. "Where wolves are protected from recreational killing and lethal control, their benefits reach to enhancing biodiversity, improving climate resilience, and even enriching our own lives.''

Now wolves are a solution to "climate change"? These people will stop at nothing to promote their lies.

24-Mar-23
Maybe “climate resilience” is on a local/micro scale?

I can see how beavers can come in and raise the water table in a valley, and that could certainly be an aid to vegetative growth in a water-stressed location. If that happens broadly across a region, you could be looking at a LOT of biomass and some appreciable recharge of the aquifers. More feed for the herbivores… it’s all good.

But Yellowstone packs exploded in ways that I don’t think many anticipated - maybe not ANYONE in the Scientific Community, but there, thinking is sometimes limited to those things for which there’s a precedent, and there was no precedent for introducing a pack into a petting zoo.

I’m not opposed to seeing wolves move into suitable habitat in reasonable numbers. I think probably most people think they fall into the same category that I do - there’s no fear, no hatred, no contempt towards the wolf among the Middle Of The Road contingent.

The problems arise with definitions…

Just me…

Humans and wolves don’t mix. We can coexist as long as we stay out of each other’s way. And the only way for that to happen is for the wolves to be highly motivated to steer clear of us, which means they have to fear us, which means they have to be hunted. And those causing problems need to be removed swiftly and permanently before the behaviors are adopted by pack-mates.

There’s no such thing as the “Natural Fear of Humans”, which pro-wolf types are always citing as a reason that the wolves won’t cause any problems. That’s crap. They’re predators: they eat whatever they can catch and the easier, the better.

But if a hunted population of wolves can learn to avoid humans and expand their range, I’m OK with that. That will keep them in the appropriate habitat, such as there is. It will reduce hunter success rates, probably especially in the Wilderness Units as wolf pressure moves some of the animals into the buffer zone. But hey, who wants to fish a Wilderness area and catch stockers?

24-Mar-23
Count me and most of my common sense gifted friends in the camp of people who knew the wolf population would explode after the introductions in WY, MT and ID. I naively was on board thinking the plan to manage them and planned population targets would be allowed to happen.

Wolves aren't the issue. The politics of wolves is the problem. Knowing what wolves are and knowing what the politics around wolves are, supporting introduction isn't an option if sound wildlife management is important

25-Mar-23
The Stuck in the Rut guys have documented the decline and eradication of big game by wolves well in their many episodes of public land hunting in Idaho. I remember one episode they traveled 30 miles hunting wilderness area void of elk they attributed to predators by all the carcasses they found and old sign. It's not rocket science that wolves are a plague that need to be eradicated if hunters are to have healthy big game herds to hunt. Wolves are of a few species that are known to kill just to kill. They follow the more efficient mountain lion to eat his caches, forcing the mountain lion to kill many more animals than they normally would. I know a few ranchers in NW Colorado that will kill these demons on sight, and never say a word about it.

25-Mar-23

Practice for handling coyotes

25-Mar-23
ACTUALLY, The CPW wolf plan does not state any max long term target wolf population for wolves in Colorado. The 250 wolf population statement in the plan, only allows a wolf status change, from Endangered to Threatened. The 3rd step is to a Non game status.

With no legal way to kill wolves, to control the over all-state wide populations, the wolf population may grow to un- told numbers and those that migrate will surely go to adjacent states. The Pro wolfers what us to believe that wolf packs are self regulating and they will never exceed the carrying capacity but the Technical Advisory Group from the three states above Colorado, did agree that on a local/regional basis, wolves can be self regulating, but not on a state wide basis.

The prowolfers "demands" are taken as public input, but the problem with that, is there is no doubt that they will bring forth law suits to get their way as they have done in the past.

25-Mar-23
We will get as many wolves as the Wolfie's want and we will never be able to legally shoot a wolf. I've said this from the beginning not sure why even guys on here didn't believe it. We will also lose mountain lion and bobcat hunting with the 2024 ballot initiative. We are out funded, out voted,and out voiced. As long as wildlife decisions can be put on ballots we have no hope on this state.

25-Mar-23
I love that pic Thornton! Took a second glance to see the side view mirror but it makes rhe pic!

25-Mar-23
GF, you can’t raise the water table. You can bury fertile ground with water which doesn’t promote natural growth. It kills it if left long enough.

Beavers are good for beavers and sone aquatic life. But, they offer land species very little if any benefit.

27-Mar-23
The most important "S" in SSS is S#3.

27-Mar-23
We don't have wolves in my state, but we have some pretty big coyotes. I would think it would be pretty hard to differentiate between a large coyote and a wolf................................especially at 2, 3 or 400y! ;-)

27-Mar-23
About 3 years ago a coyote hunter near Kremmling CO killed a wolf by mistake. He got off because it was a small female, and because Colorado officially didn't have wolves then.

27-Mar-23
This is why so many of the bowsite greats are gone. What the heck is this mess?

27-Mar-23
"What I am curious about is why Azelkhntr is even tolerated as a member on this site. Seriously."

Since there is no logical reason that I can think of I just assume it's to generate clicks for advertising sales? May be wrong though.

• Sitka Gear