Mike Ukrainetz 16-Apr-23
Medicinemann 16-Apr-23
24-Mar-23

BULELK1's Link
With the New 90/10 % split.

Dated 03/15/23

Good luck, Robb

24-Mar-23
Glad I got a moose when I did and then bailed out on wasting the money on points when I noticed the tag numbers continuously getting cut...

24-Mar-23
There will be 2 new areas next year, near the Snowies. Not sure how quotas will be though, they say 38 should keep most of the current quota, they saw lots of moose on counts.

24-Mar-23
Sucks to be 23 points into this deal and have the tag cuts.

24-Mar-23
That’s where I’m at. 23 on the way to nowhere.

24-Mar-23
How times have changed! I drew Wy moose tag, 23 years ago and in 2000 there were 5 NR applicants for 6 NR tags allotted. That 1 NR tag went back to a resident. Next year, 2 buddies drew with no points. We all 3 shot bulls with archery unguided. Waited the 5 year wait period expecting to draw again, alas those days were gone, it was taking points, and point creep such that, after many years of applying I quit applying as I was not getting any closer. Of course drawing a Montana moose tag a few years ago and taking a dandy Shiras, figured big into the decision.

The times they are a changing.

24-Mar-23
Yup I burned points and bailed immediately one year into the $100 nonrefundable. Gotta read the writing on the wall. Whole different ballgame these days.

24-Mar-23
The 90/10 deal takes it down to 2 NR tags statewide in the random draw. Would've been just one random, since a unit needs to have 40 or more tags allocated to offer a random NR tag, and only Unit 25 has more than 40 tags. But looks like they've elected to manipulate the quota split in Unit 26, which had only 39, in order to accommodate one NR tag in the random for that unit as well. So for the 11,500 NR's who don't have max & near-max points, a grand total of two tags will be available to draw.

24-Mar-23
So r u guys going to keep putting in and buying points?

24-Mar-23
The post above prove the tag allocations are a money grab joke.

Just save the money to do your hunt of your dreams.

24-Mar-23

Nyati 's embedded Photo
Nyati 's embedded Photo
Glad I got mine when I did in 2000. Didn’t apply anymore. Figured it was someone else’s turn

25-Mar-23
Let's see - a $100 bet with 1:5750 odds - woohoo I'm in (not). Now if it was $5 or $10 I'd probably be dumb enough to go for it.

25-Mar-23
I too am glad I got my Bull outta unit 15 back in the day.

Good luck, Robb

25-Mar-23
It will be shocking (not really) to see all the people with less than max points still applying. The number of people submitting apps will decrease, but not that much. People are notoriously bad at math. "So you are telling me I have a chance!"

Bill

25-Mar-23
I bailed on a bunch of points a few years back. I'll spend my money and dreams elsewhere

25-Mar-23
Anybody buying points for a random tag needs an intervention.

27-Mar-23
Uhh wait a sec...$100. Am I the only one getting hit for cc interest on the tag price, which has to be submitted via cc...no paper checks allowed. This is another +/- $75...for a total of $175 for a random odds chance.....I would like a refund for my 20pts and thousands of dollars of support over the years for a zero percent chance. Thank you.

27-Mar-23
Is this the 2023 odds or 2024?

27-Mar-23
Doesn’t matter thier not gonna get better

28-Mar-23
It isn't odds it's Tag Allocation Proposals for this year.

Good luck, Robb

02-Apr-23

BULELK1's Link
Harvest Data

Scroll down for units.

Good luck, Robb

02-Apr-23
cashed out several years ago and my ole mad did last year (and killed a helluva bull in unit 20)...glad I'm done with Wyoming moose.

15-Apr-23
Bump this thread up for the deadline on April 17th.

I decided to try for a cow moose with my few resident PPs, not much for odds but it is possible. I've taken 2 youngish bulls so I'll let someone else have my chances at a bull and I'll go for cows till I draw out. The meat is what I really want, antlers aren't so tasty.

15-Apr-23
When is preference point deadline this year, seems to be getting later every year?

16-Apr-23
We have moose bow hunts open for this fall, no application process, guaranteed tags, high success rate, just saying…

16-Apr-23
If Pope and Young ever reclassified the moose of southern most Canada as Shiras (versus Canada or Canadian Moose), I think that you'd see the number of moose apps drop quite a bit in some of the western states. It does seem rather unusual to consider a certain species domain ending at an international boundary versus a geographic one.

• Sitka Gear