Clavicle break vs shooting again?
General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
YZF-88 25-Mar-23
BOWUNTR 25-Mar-23
YZF-88 25-Mar-23
StickFlicker 26-Mar-23
25-Mar-23
Anyone dealt with a collarbone break on your bow holding side? How long before you were shooting again?

Last Saturday I broke my collarbone, scapula and a few ribs on my bow holding side. Had the collarbone plated back together yesterday.

The 6 day wait for the surgery was freaking brutal (sharp shards of bone grinding nerves and meat).

Think I’ll just stick to safer hobbies like archery now. Too old for dirt bikes.

25-Mar-23
I broke my bow arm clavicle in a dirt bike race. They wouldn't pin it and it took over a month to attach. I was shooting probably 4 months after the break. I'd think that you are ahead because it is pinned. Ed F

25-Mar-23

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Good to know. They definitely talked about waiting being the preference usually. I can’t imagine it. This damn thing was rubbing on the nerve and felt like a hot knife cutting through tissue. About passed out a few times.

26-Mar-23
When I broke mine they just left all the broken pieces to fuse into a lump on their own. But it was my draw arm side. I don't remember how it affected my archery, but I deliberately went to shoot sporting clays on the one year anniversary just to stress test it and all was well. I was also concerned about whether it would harm my ability to wear a heavy pack frame, but it's never been an issue.

• Sitka Gear