pav 21-Apr-23
Bowfreak 21-Apr-23
pav 21-Apr-23
Bowfreak 21-Apr-23
Footshooter 29-May-23
Matt 30-May-23
Bowfreak 31-May-23
18-Apr-23
Thinking about grabbing the new Hoyt, wanted to hear from those who own the bow & have hunted with it how you are liking it?

Haven’t owned a Hoyt in a few years

18-Apr-23
Only Hoyt’s for me for 38 years but I only have up rx 4 and 5 at this time. Both ultras. Love them.

18-Apr-23
One of the best bows that I've ever shot. One of the easiest to tune, as well. Very smooth draw cycle. I did have to flip the shims on both cams to take out the little bit of left paper tear. But, all in all.... It's a fantastic bow

18-Apr-23
One of the best all-around bows that Hoyt has built in the compound era. Reinforced by the fact they made no changes to it as their flagship bow, from the 2022 to the 2023 model year.

18-Apr-23
I had been a dedicated Mathews shooter since 1996. Decided to buy a new bow earlier this year. Mathews did not offer the ATA (33" min) and brace height (7" min) desired in my 29" draw length. I was forced to look elsewhere...

During January, I shot at least a dozen different bows...and now own a Hoyt RX7 Ultra. The only bow that even came close was the PSE Mach 34 with the EC cam. Never owned a carbon bow before and wasn't necessarily planning on one...but I could not resist buying the RX7 Ultra. Draw cycle is smooth as butter...excellent grip...and dead in the hand. Have the draw weight set at 65lbs...but feels like I'm drawing more like 60lbs in comparison to my Mathews Drenalin LD.

I have not had the opportunity to hunt with the RX7 Ultra yet...but very happy with the purchase on the target range.

18-Apr-23
Pretty impressive some of the things I’m hearing, excited to go shoot it this weekend and see if I can talk my better half into it haha

18-Apr-23
Went to the shop's annual open house when the Hoyt rep is there to visit the guys. Told Gary the shop owner I had no intention to shoot any new bows. He laughed cuz about 5 yrs ago I said the same thing and ended up shooting and buying the RX1. Excellent bow. So, I go downstairs to the range to visit. Brad, the Hoyt rep there and we visit. He says I suppose you want to shoot a few. I said nope! He laughed too. After a while I shot the RX7 a few times. Wow! Couldn't even feel it go off. A guy from our club, probably the best shot, said no he wouldn't try it either. Told him it was smooth After a bit He did shoot it and said wow, that is smooth!

I go up stairs and Gary asks did you shoot it. Yup, but not buying A bit later I thought what the hell, I'm gonna shoot it again. So I did. Then went back upstairs and ordered one! They all had a chuckle. Found out later that other guy that's best shooter in our club ordered one too!

I've had it about a month and have only shot it at our club at 20 yds. Love the bow.

A long post but hadda tell the story. Oh, sold the RX1 for $900 so took the sting out. Had put new cable and string on it last Fall.

18-Apr-23
Got my RX7 Ultra last year. Had no intentions of buying a new bow, but after I shot it I knew I needed to switch. It’s the best shooting bow I’ve ever owned. Draw cycle is very smooth. Hardly any felt vibration after the shot. Holds very well on target. The in-line system (sight and quiver) is awesome with keeping weight as close to the center as possible so you don’t need your back bar kicked out so far (if you shoot with one).

18-Apr-23

Dino's embedded Photo
Dino's embedded Photo
Iowa Bowhunter, I’ve owned the Rx7 Ultra since last June. I shot Tac with it and hunted all last fall with it, it’s my favourite carbon thus far. Go get one, you won’t be disappointed!

18-Apr-23
My favorite Hoyt to date. The RX4 Ultra was great, this bow tops it in every way. Quiet, vibe free and decent speed.

18-Apr-23
I have the the RX7 (not ultra) super impressed with it and knocked down a lot of animals last year Love it! Best Hoyt I have shot

18-Apr-23
Mine is also the ultra.

19-Apr-23
I bought one last year, first Hoyt I’ve owned. Always shot Mathews or Elite. Before I bought the Hoyt I shot everything I could, and the Hoyt Rx7 Ultra felt hands down better than anything else I shot. It is smooth and dead in the hand. My favorite bow i have ever owned or shot.

19-Apr-23
Love mine but its not fast.

20-Apr-23
I've heard good things about that bow, the last hoyt I had was the ventum 33, it turned me off hoyt for a while, the cam lean was so bad it looked like it was going to derail. Fortunately my dealer took it back and refunded my money. The limb deflections must have been way off.

20-Apr-23
I have been shooting a RX-7 ultra for a year and like it!

But, Dang, after reading these reviews, I may buy another!!!

20-Apr-23
Mine was the easiest bow I I’ve ever tuned. Set nock level and left my rest set horizontally the same as the RX4 Ultra that I took it off of. Maybe adjusted rest 1/16” and it was perfect. Tuned right at 3/4” center shot. No visible cam lean.

21-Apr-23
I like it, they have designed it to be very slim as well. Very good for hunting.

After shooting my RX7ultra for a bit, tried my old bow and noticed how heavy and clunky it felt. I like the RX7 much better!

I did notice the draw length seems a bit shorter than advertised. I added about 1/2” to get it to what my old bow was so be sure to get a cam mod that allows more if you need it

21-Apr-23
"I did notice the draw length seems a bit shorter than advertised."

My experience was the exact opposite. I've been shooting a 29" draw on Mathews bows for over 25 years...with the exception of the Mathews Ovation @ 29-1/2". The 29" draw on the RX7 Ultra felt a bit long...so I dropped to 28-1/2"...and that put my anchor right back where it has been for decades.

21-Apr-23
PAV,

That may be the first time I’ve ever read about someone switching from a Mathews to another brand and having to shorten DL. Oddly enough, at times mine feels short to me and it measured the same as my RX4 Ultra.

21-Apr-23
Mark, looking at the Hoyt RX7 Ultra versus my Mathews bows...I believe the difference is in the grip. The RX7 Ultra has a streamlined grip built in tangent to the riser. I was never a fan of Mathews factory grips and always replaced them with custom wooden grips. Looking at all of my Mathews bows on the rack...the custom wooden grip protrudes right at 1/2" beyond the riser. Basically, had I been shooting Mathews without a grip at all (like some guys do)...I would have had to drop to 28-1/2" draw on those bows too.

21-Apr-23
Makes sense.

29-May-23
Same as many here, didn’t plan to change up but shot the ultra and had to have it. Had been shooting VXRs and a V3 for a while, and now I pick those up and they feel like tuning forks when shot.

Gonna likely end up with another.

30-May-23
"PAV, That may be the first time I’ve ever read about someone switching from a Mathews to another brand and having to shorten DL."

May be or is? ;-)

31-May-23
Lol.

Good point Matt.

• Sitka Gear