Terrell 14-Jul-23
TGbow 14-Jul-23
HDE 14-Jul-23
TGbow 15-Jul-23
70lbDraw 15-Jul-23
sundowner 15-Jul-23
alspensinons1987 26-Jul-23
17-May-23
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/montana-governor-signs-bill-banning-tiktok-state-2023-05-17/

Talk about police state tactics. The state of Montana doesn't have the authority to do this..or they shouldn't have the authority. I guess we're just going right on down the line with dismantling all the amendments.

17-May-23
If states can ban the sale/distribution of specific guns then they can ban the sale/distribution of specific apps.

17-May-23
States and the Federal government has done a lot of things for decades but question is ...is the constitution still valid? Or is it just for politicians convenience on both sides of the fence?

17-May-23
I didn’t visit the page so I won’t comment on the authenticity of it. However, my pony has nothing to do with that.

If it’s true, BEG will be along shortly to educate you why this isn’t a bad thing.

Dana will be along shortly to tell you it was Trumps fault.

And, Phil will be along shortly to tell you how wrong you are for seeing it the way you do.

17-May-23
"If states can ban the sale/distribution of specific guns then they can ban the sale/distribution of specific apps. "

That's a big 'IF'

PS WV, Trump gets a pass on this one ;-)

17-May-23
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances".

I'd say that just about covers it.

17-May-23
TGbow, the question then is, will the Supreme Court tell Montana to cram it? (I have no use for tiktok, but I hope SCOTUS does just that.)

17-May-23
Dana, I don't care for them either but if we don't stand for freedom of government intrusion, sooner or later there won't be anyone to take a stand for us as individuals. We might can get the government to ban something we dont like at the moment, but sooner or later it will effect all of us...it already has.

Azel, last I heard Tiktok is a privately owned business and any form of government don't have that authority to shut down free speech.

My mother-in-law is a staunch leftist and I laugh when she spouts her Marxist opinions but I would fight for her right to speak her mind.

Azel, I imagine you probably supported the Patriot Act too.

17-May-23
What is TikTok

17-May-23
TikTok isn't a good thing. Losing freedom is worse. If TikTok broke a law, charge them, prove it and maybe the punishment is getting banned. If it's just unhealthy or risky, user beware.

17-May-23
Me too Skull. What the hell is TIKTOK? I just shoot my bow and do a few elk calls. Seems like people can find a lot of things to frustrate themselves. And then die eventually anyway.

17-May-23
Yea you guys don’t know what Tik Tok is. If that’s true Then both of you should run yourself by the nearest Veterinarian office tomorrow and have yourselves put to sleep.

17-May-23
Waaah! Maybe I better find out!

17-May-23
Tik Tok. For safety of children ban it.

18-May-23
Bigdog21, that's what they say about guns. Among other things.

18-May-23
Ted Kaczynski was a total nutcase, BUT, his foundational idea of how technology would eventually destroy humanity may actually be accurate. From Wiki:

"He writes that technology has had a destabilizing effect on society, has made life unfulfilling, and has caused widespread psychological suffering.[77] Kaczynski argues that most people spend their time engaged in useless pursuits because of technological advances; he calls these "surrogate activities", wherein people strive toward artificial goals, including scientific work, consumption of entertainment, political activism and following sports teams.[77] He predicts that further technological advances will lead to extensive human genetic engineering, and that human beings will be adjusted to meet the needs of social systems, rather than vice versa."

With the recent news about the potential dangers of AI (Elon Musk is odd, but he ain't stupid), it does make one wonder what mentally manipulative technology Tik Tok, as well as all the other primary web destinations, might have.

Many times while watching TV, I've seen where they inserted a "single frame" advertisement in between commercials. It can go by so fast you don't even recognize it for what it is, but the brain sees it. That's why they do it. (just Google "subliminal advertising") It's not some conspiracy BS, but reality.

I don't want any gov't censoring information, however they aren't banning TikTok over content, rather there are verified concerns that the Chinese are collecting data that they could potentially weaponize. How many of us truly understand the technical capabilities at play here?

18-May-23
Spot on Mike B

18-May-23
As bad as it is, freedom says you can participate if you desire. As adults, you can keep the bad away from your children. By choice. The last thing we need is government deciding these things for us.

18-May-23
You shouldn't violate the 1st A because of what "might" happen.

Same concept with the 2nd A. I strongly disagree with what politicians are trying to do concerning the 2nd A...I'm also strongly disagree with violating the 1st A.

How many liberties have we lost under the banner of " safety, security, health, environment"..?

18-May-23
As said above; the tiktok bans aren't due to content but due to national security concerning China. It's not just Montana but I believe several other countries have banned it too.

18-May-23
Catscratch..so was the Patriot Act. How many terrorist have been stopped due to the PA? What was the final result of the PA? A lot of bad crap that violates our freedom. Someone in my family that is a conservative told me.."I'm willing to give up some of my freedom if it keeps me safe". I told him..you shouldnt have to. Both sides don't realize that when the curtain falls there won't be anyone to help the other person because we all will have layed down our guns..so to speak

18-May-23
TikTok is not good. But they are Pikers compared to our own 3 letter agencies

And which agency has the capability and desire to monitor the entire planets internet. It’s not China.

And guess what. They have been using AI for to monitor all of this for a long time.

18-May-23
i see the correlation between tik tok and the recent moose and sheep draw mistakes and understand why it was banned.

18-May-23
TGBow, I'm in agreement with some of what you say about freedom. I've said for a very long time that living in a free country has it's inherent dangers. A free man (in a free country) bend on hurting someone can not be stopped from doing it. It's a price we pay for having our own freedom... everyone else has freedom too.

As far as my post above. There were several posts that pointed towards it as a censorship ban, I was clarifying that it is a security ban.

18-May-23
Catscratch, I understand your point. I think we should be worried about what our own government is doing.

18-May-23
I agree! I'm always worried about what our government is doing. I don't trust them. I especially don't trust our current administration; they lie, they manipulate, they do what's best for them and not for the people, etc.

18-May-23
Azel, I'm glad. You were against the Patriot Act..amazing you have the ability to know what I've read. We should be against tyranny in every form...wherever the source it emerges

19-May-23
We need to ban this immediately. We absolutely CANNOT have the Chinese learn our teenage dance routines, see how cute our dogs are, or see Taylor Swift concert clips.

19-May-23
Lol..Justin, kinda like taking away all your privileges just to "keep you safe"..right.

The government already regulates n controls just about every aspect of our lives. Hell, the extract a large sum of my money since I've been working, then tell me when I can get it back and how much..if I'm blessed to live long enough to draw it. I love this country but I'm not sure we have enough people that desire "real freedom".

19-May-23
Interesting topic to me. Since tiktok's parent company is in China it has to spy on their customers on behalf of the government, per their laws. The bans are not censorship directed but rather security directed (except for may India or a couple other places if I remember right). It isn't content but names, personal info, passwords, etc. So that brings the question on where we draw the line on security? Most seemed perfectly fine with shooting down balloons that can't get much info, but when it comes an app collecting data directly for China we are fine with it? I'm 100% fine with deleting any apps that are collecting data for the enemy. Of course some of you might like China and don't think they are a threat, I'm not on board with that. Where I think I draw the line is weaponizing the "it's for security" excuse. Once established any crooked politician could use that excuse to censor a platform that doesn't fit their needs for office. How do we know when it's legit? The people in power will likely never let us know when it's legit. Feels like I'm kind of talking in a circle...

26-May-23
Brotsky, I’m with you on the Taylor Swift clips………;-)

26-May-23
They can't figure out a draw, good luck figuring out how to block an app.

14-Jul-23
While I can understand the desire to protect people's privacy and security, it's crucial to consider the balance between those concerns and individual freedoms. It's always a delicate dance when it comes to legislation like this. Also, I’d like to mention that Tik Tok has undoubtedly become a significant platform for increasing online presence and brand recognition. I actively use the platform and even employ services like socialfollowersfree.com to help boost my following for attracting new customers and growing my business. A TikTok ban could definitely have a significant impact on business owners like me who rely on TikTok as a promotional channel.

14-Jul-23
There is a balance of individual freedom and government intervention. I argue that our biggest threat is not China or another foreign country but our biggest threat is losing our own Constitutional Republic.

14-Jul-23
TGbow - our biggest threat is our own government when they look to their own selfish desires.

I'd like to see MT enforce this...

15-Jul-23
"I don't want any gov't censoring information, however they aren't banning TikTok over content, rather there are verified concerns that the Chinese are collecting data that they could potentially weaponize. How many of us truly understand the technical capabilities at play here?"

this is where i struggle with this one. where does freedom of speech and and national security begin. i can see both sides.

15-Jul-23
I can see both sides also. I see our own government as a bigger threat than any outside source. Most great civilizations crumble from within once they go the direction we're headed.

15-Jul-23
“I see our own government as a bigger threat than any outside source.”

Yeah, especially when our so-called “president” is in bed with China, and catering to their every whim!

“Treason”…obviously not as damaging as “insurrection”.

15-Jul-23
Good! Hopefully more states will follow Montana's lead. TicTok is evil Chinese sh!t.

26-Jul-23
Oh, man, I totally feel you on this whole Montana TikTok ban thing. ?? It's like they're messing with our freedom to have fun and connect with people online. TikTok isn't just about silly dances and all that, you know? I remember when I first discovered TikTok, I was skeptical, but then I stumbled upon some amazing content creators. It's incredible how this app has connected people from all walks of life and allowed them to showcase their talents and ideas. And hey, about that site I found where you can buy SM accounts, including Telegram accounts for sale, it's like diving into a whole new world of possibilities. You can explore different platforms and connect with even more awesome people.

• Sitka Gear